Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The Official Captain Hydron Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Well said, Scorpia. Regrettably, it's par for the course nowadays. I remember years ago being aghast when I came across a spelling error on cnn.com fir the first time. Then, months later, I started finding them on other news sites. Today it's common. There is no respect for spelling and grammar anymore and as one that makes his living with words I find it distressing and sad. It's gone the way of writing and mailing actual letters, civility and manners. I guess I'm an aging dinosaur and the time will come when people like me are gone and it won't matter anymore. I guess it'll be okay because no one will remember a time when little things mattered. They won't know what they're missing.
    Sadly, I think in many cases (not this one) it is actually an issue of people simply not knowing HOW to spell properly. I had to cut way back on my Facebook usage because it was driving me crazy. After that come the people who are either too lazy or apathetic to care

The worst example is spelling errors on billboards. I feel really embarrassed for those folks!

Btw, thanks for giving us the official spellings. I was beginning to wonder...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    he doesn't seem so bulky in these pictures does he? You guys think this is just camera works or has the problema been addressed for hydron?
    I think it is because they have him standing at an angle in both shots. Maybe?
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; December 15, 2013 at 02:37pm. Reason: autocorrect error
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Well said, Scorpia. Regrettably, it's par for the course nowadays. I remember years ago being aghast when I came across a spelling error on cnn.com fir the first time. Then, months later, I started finding them on other news sites. Today it's common. There is no respect for spelling and grammar anymore and as one that makes his living with words I find it distressing and sad. It's gone the way of writing and mailing actual letters, civility and manners. I guess I'm an aging dinosaur and the time will come when people like me are gone and it won't matter anymore. I guess it'll be okay because no one will remember a time when little things mattered. They won't know what they're missing.
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Thank god the Grammar Police are out in force.

We can all feel safe now when we leave our homes.

Yep, Scriptor to the rescue.

Anyway, the part that matters, the FIGURE, looks pretty nice. Well, as nice as a space scuba diver can look. He's an important character but a pretty weak concept... they did what they could!

Don't worry everybody makes a mistake. Nobody's perfect. I just wish people around here knew that.
    Last edited by Bonehead; December 15, 2013 at 03:28pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Once TG saw that Classics was a hit around January 2009, he wrote ALL of the bios using all of the information that he had access to (pretty much everything except Filmation and Jetlag).

The fans asked TG about updating the bios when new information comes along (like when Mattel got the Filmation and Jetlag rights) a long time ago, but TG doesn't go back and edit the files with new information.
    They're also written in the style of the copy on the old school packaging. The last sentence of the Two Bad bio is terribly clumsy, but it's straight from the back of Two-Bad's original card.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Daniel Ripper Jr.???

Where do they get these names from?
    Answer: The Bat Cave!

Where does he get those wonderful toys?

Seriously, Hydron's bio is awesome, and I get more stoked for this guy every time I see him! Now that they mention Darius, I am REALLY hoping we actually GET a Darius figure!!!!

BRING ON MORE NA!!!!!!!!!!!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I have to agree, it REALLY annoys me when I see spelling and grammatical errors from people who are supposed to be journalists. Yes we are all human (you made a mistake Jack spelling 'for' and fir' ) but when you are in journalism as a writer and having an editor, there is no excuse for the terrible mistakes I've seen.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Sorry about the typos folks. No less than 4 people proof these and I even have the final approval on package files before they go to print. Should have caught them. Toy is in production and in fact Dan was kind enough to sit on his review while we waited to get this bio to sub holders first. Very sorry for the distracting errors!
    Are the bios not created using a program with a spell check function? Obviously words describing characters, their worlds, etc., are going to be more tricky, but a word like Lieutenant? Hmm...
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    he doesn't seem so bulky in these pictures does he? You guys think this is just camera works or has the problema been addressed for hydron?
    A lot of times these promos have used the prototypes for the pictures. I won't believe what he looks like until a review or a ebay early "release".