Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Captain Hydron Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Just because you don't care about this character doesn't make the figure "the worst ever". First of all, the execution of this figure by the 4H is nothing short of outstanding, and this has been acknowledged by many who don't care about NA but do have a modicum of objectivity. And secondly, this character is the leader of the Galactic Protectors faction (apart from NA He-Man), which makes it a total A-list, must-have figure for those who do care about NA. So, please, stop trolling this thread and being so bigoted and egoistic.

I wonder why it is apparently so difficult for so many people to understand the single golden rule of life: don't do what you wouldn't like done unto yourself. For the sake of illustration, one could view Hydron as the NA equivalent of Man-at-Arms. What if some vocal PoP- or NA-only people had demanded MAA to be left among "the very last made" because the character is not among their personal interests and needs? How would the vintage-only and 8-back-only people have liked that? And what if you had had to wait over 5 years for the release of a figure that really means something to you and then having to witness it being gratuitously called "the worst ever" by the ones who don't care about it and have these people constantly trolling every thread where the figure is mentioned demanding that it be taken out of the sub because "it sucks" and "it's just something else to try to sell"? You wouldn't like that, right? Then grow up already and learn to respect others.

This line is not being made just for yourself or for the vintage-only crowd. In fact, most of the hardcore vintage-onlyists have already jumped ship (many of them years ago) because they already have everything they wanted (all the 1982 through 1985 figures are done), except maybe one or two remaining figures that these people would never sub up for (they go to BBTS or whatever to get those few). Which proves that the line can survive without them (in fact, it already survived last year's drama when people had to sub up for a 2013 line up which, unlike the 2014 line up, wasn't expected to be filled with heavy hitters). So they are not the bloodlife of this line that they so arrogantly tried to paint themselves as. The bloodlife of this line is not those very selective people who only want the characters that fit their particular exclusionary notion of MotU and who will selfishly cry foul and whine and make a tremendous fuss raising pitchforks whenever some other character gets released that they don't care about, trying to force Mattel to cater exclusively to their needs and to hell with the other fans. The real bloodlife is the hardcore MotU fans who have an all-encompassing view of the property, as well as the PoP-fans and NA-fans who have been supporting the line wholesale just so that they could eventually get to some of the characters from those factions. Most of those who are currently supporting the line by having bought 2013 subs are the ones who do care about the non-vintage factions and have been supporting the line for many years patiently waiting while the egocentric vintage-only crowd had their feast first before the PoP and NA heavy hitters were allowed a slot.
    Mattel knows, what sells and what not. Do you think, it's coincidence that NA has just 5 orginal characters and 1 variant since 2008? Mattel doesn't believe in this faction regardless if the 4HM can do their magic with the characters.

Besides, people sub, because they know the next 2 years will be full of the remaining vintage characters with a few NA characters. Not 2 years full of NA slots.

Can't wait to get Hydron actually. A lot of people don't realize that the MOTUC line has actually bolstered support for and interest in New Adventures. Before, I could take it or leave it, but since we've been getting them translated into MOTUC style, including the great bios, I have a newfound love for New Adventures as part of the overall 'Masters' mythos.

If the MOTUC line goes past 2015 by some miracle, I would love to see a lot more NA and obscure figures made.

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Good call on the Eternian Royal Guard Naval unit! I could totally see several "Hydrons" taking on Mer-Man or Clawful and their respective species. Hydron will still be NA for me and after getting NA He-Man, I can't wait!!
    Love this concept!!!!!
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Mattel knows, what sells and what not. Do you think, it's coincidence that NA has just 5 orginal characters and 1 variant since 2008? Mattel doesn't believe in this faction regardless if the 4HM can do their magic with the characters.

Besides, people sub, because they know the next 2 years will be full of the remaining vintage characters with a few NA characters. Not 2 years full of NA slots.
    No, Mattel has no idea what sells and what not. We have plenty of evidence that the powers that be at Mattel cannot accurately gauge demand for the life of them, to the point that they never did a second run of an absolute top-tier character like Teela while making second runs galore of characters like Carnivus. And we have evidence that some NA characters sold out faster than some top-of-the-crop vintage characters (e.g., Optikk sold out in 14 minutes in May 2010, whereas a 12-backer like Trap Jaw took 19 minutes in February that same year). Besides, make no mistake: the most important factor in determining the line-up has always been TG's personal wants and preferences (the coming release of Nepthu, who nobody else had ever asked for, should be proof beyond doubt, in addition to all his other previous vanity and hyperobscure choices), and it's no secret that TG isn't precisely the biggest fan of PoP and NA. And I think it's also clear that Matty/TG, in their epic inability to gauge demand, have allowed themselves to be influenced by the loud and vocal vintage-only crowd who since day 1 have been arrogantly parading their selfish demands that their narrowly focussed preferences are to be given absolute preference and to hell with the rest.

We do know that what remains of the vintage-MotU line are mostly the least popular C- and D-listers of the 1986-1988 waves, who only the most hardcore vintage-only people do really care about. All of their heavy hitters are done, so most of that crowd is long gone and no longer supporting the line. Of those who are subbing in 2013 and will be subbing for 2014, only a few are the vintage-only people who remain waiting for the bottom-of-the-barrel characters like Rotar or Ninjor, while the rest are the silent majority of all-encompassing and non-MotU-vintage fans, the ones that have been waiting many years to finally get to the likes of Glimmer and Hydron.

We do not know how well a NA-only sub would perform, because of the simple fact that the NA fans have never been given that option to vote with their wallets. So far, if they wanted their characters, they had to sub up for a full year of mostly non-NA stuff. Which in itself is telling proof that the NA fans are really passionate, and much more so than the whining vintage fans who have been endlessly complaining at each and every figure that doesn't fit their particular canon and foaming at their mouths about how they had to "waste" their money on a few figures they didn't want from among a line up otherwise full of what they had demanded. I can't remember a single NA fan complaining about how non-NA the main sub has been so far and the untold amounts of money they had to "waste" on dozens upon dozens of non-NA figures just to be able to get a meager handful of what they really wanted.

I'm willing to bet a 6-figure add-on NA-themed sub (with a line-up like NA Skeletor, Sagitar, Flogg, Mara, Crita and Darius) would do just fine, even if they had to raise the price per figure to something like $40 or $50. That would in fact be much cheaper for the NA-only fans than having to spend $500ish on a main sub full of non-NA stuff just to get 1 or 2 yearly NA figures.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; August 13, 2013 at 02:01pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

I don't like it, but I have to agree. TG knows NA isn't popular despite Mattel and the 4H's best efforts. OBJECTIVELY SPEAKING, for the most part, the NA figures are among the best figures in the line, with new parts, much detail on great sculpts, enhanced muscles in the Classics style and no QC issues. Even the bios have risen to the occasion of making NA more acceptable by adding in She-Ra, more MOTU characters, the Horde Empire and basing NA as merely off-planet instead of He-Man and Skeletor being based in the future and away from any recognizable elements. This is the best NA has been, but we still have fans who hate NA on general principle -- who can't grow past their original feelings.

Flipshot was called "The Worst Figure of 2011" because he's an NA character. He didn't have a trunk that fell apart. He didn't have backwards shoulders. He didn't have a gummy spellcasting hand. He wasn't a repaint that shouldn't have been a repaint. The mentality that we are dealing with here is that a defective Vintage figure is leaps and bounds better than an NA character with no QC.

No, Mattel has no idea what sells and what not. We have plenty of evidence that the powers that be at Mattel cannot accurately gauge demand for the life of them, to the point that they never did a second run of an absolute top-tier character like Teela while making second runs galore of characters like Carnivus. And we have evidence that some NA characters sold out faster than some top-of-the-crop vintage characters (e.g., Optikk sold out in 14 minutes in May 2010, whereas a 12-backer like Trap Jaw took 19 minutes in February that same year). Besides, make no mistake: the most important factor in determining the line-up has always been TG's personal wants and preferences (the coming release of Nepthu, who nobody else had ever asked for, should be proof beyond doubt, in addition to all his other previous vanity and hyperobscure choices), and it's no secret that TG isn't precisely the biggest fan of PoP and NA.
    Some notes...
    • Teela was probably never reproduced because she had flaws...the non-turning waist, her hard plastic leotard and the bobblehead.
    • TG has gone on record saying that Mattel alters production based on the character. Trap Jaw probably had more figures to sell than Carnivus did. It would be nice if fans were that open minded about characters, but here we are.
    • Mattel overproduced the Wind Raider and underproduced the Sorceress and Fisto.
    • Mattel doesn't want to go back into production based on a "few loud fans on the internet" who missed their chance to get older figures. He-Man (and arguably Skeletor) did well, but everyone else pegwarmed when they went back into production and took up valuable warehouse space. Not going back into production also maintains reseller interest in the line (keeps them buying lots of subs and DOS figures). It DOES suck for new fans who want to get into the line.

I think Mattel knows what sells, hence why we have the subscription model and lack of DOS for some characters to help sell the sub. Without that sub, any non-Vintage character might have trouble on DOS (although there are exceptions).

And I think it's also clear that Matty/TG, in their epic inability to gauge demand, have allowed themselves to be influenced by the loud and vocal vintage-only crowd who since day 1 have been arrogantly parading their selfish demands that their narrowly focussed preferences are to be given absolute preference and to hell with the rest.
    Beautiful. I might sig this.

We do know that what remains of the vintage-MotU line are mostly the least popular C- and D-listers of the 1986-1988 waves, who only the most hardcore vintage-only people do really care about. All of their heavy hitters are done, so most of that crowd is long gone and no longer supporting the line. Of those who are subbing in 2013 and will be subbing for 2014, only a few are the vintage-only people who remain waiting for the bottom-of-the-barrel characters like Rotar or Ninjor, while the rest are the silent majority of all-encompassing and non-MotU-vintage fans, the ones that have been waiting many years to finally get to the likes of Glimmer and Hydron.

We do not know how well a NA-only sub would perform, because of the simple fact that the NA fans have never been given that option to vote with their wallets. So far, if they wanted their characters, they had to sub up for a full year of mostly non-NA stuff. Which in itself is telling proof that the NA fans are really passionate, and much more so than the whining vintage fans who have been endlessly complaining at each and every figure that doesn't fit their particular canon and foaming at their mouths about how they had to "waste" their money on a few figures they didn't want from among a line up otherwise full of what they had demanded. I can't remember a single NA fan complaining about how non-NA the main sub has been so far and the untold amounts of money they had to "waste" on dozens upon dozens of non-NA figures just to be able to get a meager handful of what they really wanted.
    There are no NA fans hardcore enough to complain like the POP or 200X/MYP fans do! I don't think there are any "NA Only" fans (maybe they are afraid to come forth given the hatred that NA gets...) and there aren't any ultra hardcore and outspoken champions of NA that we've heard of. The MOTU Fans Who Also Like NA ARE the NA fandom. These fans like NA and will happily buy the figures, but their main interests and energy lie with other eras.

I'm willing to bet a 6-figure add-on NA-themed sub (with a line-up like NA Skeletor, Sagitar, Flogg, Mara, Crita and Darius) would do just fine, even if they had to raise the price per figure to something like $40 or $50.
    Possibly. That's a great line up.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 13, 2013 at 02:55pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    There are no NA fans hardcore enough to complain like the POP or 200X/MYP fans do! I don't think there are any "NA Only" fans (maybe they are afraid to come forth given the hatred that NA gets...) and there aren't any ultra hardcore and outspoken champions of NA that we've heard of. The MOTU Fans Who Also Like NA ARE the NA fandom. These fans like NA and will happily buy the figures, but their main interests and energy lie with other eras.
    You know what, you're right! I might take up this challenge!
    No Kayo, We Riot!
    No Darius? How Dare You?!?

Hydron is awesome. I pity the fool that doesn't like Hydron. He'll be hated, like when the masterpiece Icarius was named one of the worst figures of the year But whatever.
    He's an aquanaut/astronaut. His suit serves both purposes. It makes more sense than most things in this franchise that his detractors likely take at face value, lol.
    Underwater stuff is the best, and Hydron is no exception. My only hopes are that the paint looks a bit more metallic in the final product, and that he comes with an unmasked head.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    And they subbed in even greater numbers when the line was putting out concept, prototype and everything else under the sun.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    And they subbed in even greater numbers when the line was putting out concept, prototype and everything else under the sun.
    But that was when the line was doing so well and the Vintage figures weren't threatened. Now when the line is barely making it and those remaining Vintage figures were threatened, the Era Wars returned with a vengeance. From the beginning of the line, we had threads that were against POP, 200X and NA characters taking up valuable slots.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Pretty sad that you call someone selfish when its folks like you that want to force figures on people like me that we dont want because if we "dont get a sub" then Scott holds figures like Clamp Champ and Two Bad hostage to make people sign up and use his scare tactics. His plea for understanding and truth in his video's is absolutely absurd. Regardless of how well 4H did revamping this NA figure (the criticism isnt of them) its still a POS for a figure. Horrible! Looks like a large woman sat on Mer-Man and Icarus and farted. I dont care if you like my opinion or not my friend. Still absolutely the WORST figure they have ever produced. Funny how people demand respect for their opinions but offer none to others - hypocritical, laughable, and a waste of time. I said it before and I will say it again POP and NA should have been their own lines just like Filmation is - Like how they snuck Plundar into the sub! Yea where's his vintage figure? OH RIGHT HE DOESNT HAVE ONE HE IS FILMATION!! YET I WILL BE STUCK WITH AN EVIL EASTER BUNNY ANYWAY! LOVE IT! Bottom line is that if Scott gave even 1% of his ridiculous thoughts and if there was any credence to your rants and theory about true collectors then we would have a 200X line because I can guarantee you there are way more people that want 200X MOTUC than they want either of these lame-O figures!!

- - - Updated - - -

AMEN - we are hijacked into sub's and essentials are held hostage! Oh lets not forget how sub holders were rewarded with a lack of SOH and Strobo - fools are letting everybody order up to 10 on early access when they have 1 sub instead of giving everybody the option of 1 early access figure per sub so what happens? They sell out and half of us are up a river! Many people on this very forum are buying as many as they can and scalping while they talk so preachy about how bad it is. Now we have to pay ridiculous prices, make ridiculous trades, and or stay online watching Matty.com ENDLESSLY 24 HOURS A DAY or we cant have these things. Why not reward the sub holders Scott?????? All this on top of the absolutely HORRID service provided by DR. I really must love this line to still be here because if this were anything else (lets say a restaurant) I would have gone in and thrown food in the managers face by now and never gone back! All of this is in control of Matty along with producing junk link this figure. Just sickening - if anybody is selfish its Scott because my feeling is he wants these figures and he knows he has to get them in before he gives us the goods or nobody will buy it and then its his rear end on the line if they waste money tooling and producing total junk like this. Its all corruption and selfishness on everybody's part except for loyal fans who dont scalp, who buy subs, and who have stayed through this nightmare and keep taking hits year after year
    PHP Code:
    J-DUBYA!! 

FEEDBACK LINK http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205315

J to the DUB at YA

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Ok gang, reminder here. Whether you love Hydron or hate him, let's all remember to respect each others opinion on the figure.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Just because you don't care about this character doesn't make the figure "the worst ever". First of all, the execution of this figure by the 4H is nothing short of outstanding, and this has been acknowledged by many who don't care about NA but do have a modicum of objectivity. And secondly, this character is the leader of the Galactic Protectors faction (apart from NA He-Man), which makes it a total A-list, must-have figure for those who do care about NA. So, please, stop trolling this thread and being so bigoted and egoistic.

I wonder why it is apparently so difficult for so many people to understand the single golden rule of life: don't do what you wouldn't like done unto yourself. For the sake of illustration, one could view Hydron as the NA equivalent of Man-at-Arms. What if some vocal PoP- or NA-only people had demanded MAA to be left among "the very last made" because the character is not among their personal interests and needs? How would the vintage-only and 8-back-only people have liked that? And what if you had had to wait over 5 years for the release of a figure that really means something to you and then having to witness it being gratuitously called "the worst ever" by the ones who don't care about it and have these people constantly trolling every thread where the figure is mentioned demanding that it be taken out of the sub because "it sucks" and "it's just something else to try to sell"? You wouldn't like that, right? Then grow up already and learn to respect others.

This line is not being made just for yourself or for the vintage-only crowd. In fact, most of the hardcore vintage-onlyists have already jumped ship (many of them years ago) because they already have everything they wanted (all the 1982 through 1985 figures are done), except maybe one or two remaining figures that these people would never sub up for (they go to BBTS or whatever to get those few). Which proves that the line can survive without them (in fact, it already survived last year's drama when people had to sub up for a 2013 line up which, unlike the 2014 line up, wasn't expected to be filled with heavy hitters). So they are not the bloodlife of this line that they so arrogantly tried to paint themselves as. The bloodlife of this line is not those very selective people who only want the characters that fit their particular exclusionary notion of MotU and who will selfishly cry foul and whine and make a tremendous fuss raising pitchforks whenever some other character gets released that they don't care about, trying to force Mattel to cater exclusively to their needs and to hell with the other fans. The real bloodlife is the hardcore MotU fans who have an all-encompassing view of the property, as well as the PoP-fans and NA-fans who have been supporting the line wholesale just so that they could eventually get to some of the characters from those factions. Most of those who are currently supporting the line by having bought 2013 subs are the ones who do care about the non-vintage factions and have been supporting the line for many years patiently waiting while the egocentric vintage-only crowd had their feast first before the PoP and NA heavy hitters were allowed a slot.
    Absolutely AWESOME post, uaxuctum, Thank You!

There are definitely some figures in the MOTUC's that don't totally appeal to me, but I certainly am not going to waste my time posting in a thread about how "terrible" they are, or how they're "the worst figures ever!"

Healthy criticism is one thing, but complaining about a figure for complaining's sake is ridiculous.

I'll never understand that type of mentality........ especially on a FAN site, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Hydron is awesome. I pity the fool that doesn't like Hydron. He'll be hated, like when the masterpiece Icarius was named one of the worst figures of the year But whatever.
    He's an aquanaut/astronaut. His suit serves both purposes. It makes more sense than most things in this franchise that his detractors likely take at face value, lol.
    Underwater stuff is the best, and Hydron is no exception. My only hopes are that the paint looks a bit more metallic in the final product, and that he comes with an unmasked head.
    Totally agree.

As I posted before, I feel Hydron will get an unmasked second head. Both NA He-Man and Flipshot got second heads, so it stands to reason that Captain Hydron will as well. His helmetless face is sometimes more recognizable than his masked one anyway, especially to fans of the Jetlag show.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    But that was when the line was doing so well and the Vintage figures weren't threatened. Now when the line is barely making it and those remaining Vintage figures were threatened, the Era Wars returned with a vengeance. From the beginning of the line, we had threads that were against POP, 200X and NA characters taking up valuable slots.
    And for once, that isn't really something we can blame on Mattel. The mis-steps of the big ticket three packs, yes, but the venom that we are seeing in this thread is our creation. Point is, some POP or even concept figures have sold just as well or better than some vintage figures. MOTUs seen as heavy hitters have, in some cases, remained on sale far longer than I would have expected (I'm recalling Man-E did that, which surprised me greatly). And Mattel is recognizing that folks want vintage figures finished, but they wisely realize that a lot of folks count POP and maybe even NA as "vintage" since they had pre-existing figures.

It's not just that some folks are saying they prefer vintage; it's the folks insisting that ONLY the faction they want should be made at all that's causing some very unneeded tension right in the middle of the subs. Me, I'd like all of the Filmation characters made; I'd take Kitrinna and Lizard man over Two Bad any day. But that doesn't mean I didn't pre-order the bifurcated baddy the minute he went up on Big Bad. But I accept that I'm not getting everything I want.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    And for once, that isn't really something we can blame on Mattel. The mis-steps of the big ticket three packs, yes, but the venom that we are seeing in this thread is our creation. Point is, some POP or even concept figures have sold just as well or better than some vintage figures. MOTUs seen as heavy hitters have, in some cases, remained on sale far longer than I would have expected (I'm recalling Man-E did that, which surprised me greatly). And Mattel is recognizing that folks want vintage figures finished, but they wisely realize that a lot of folks count POP and maybe even NA as "vintage" since they had pre-existing figures.

It's not just that some folks are saying they prefer vintage; it's the folks insisting that ONLY the faction they want should be made at all that's causing some very unneeded tension right in the middle of the subs. Me, I'd like all of the Filmation characters made; I'd take Kitrinna and Lizard man over Two Bad any day. But that doesn't mean I didn't pre-order the bifurcated baddy the minute he went up on Big Bad. But I accept that I'm not getting everything I want.
    Comparing sell out times probably doesn't provide an accurate picture since Mattel has stated that not all figures are produced in the same quantities.

Even if you disagree with me - Thank you! If others love it then GREAT for them, but I will be selling him (at cost since I dont scalp) the moment he arrives and taking a hit on the shipping from Matty so its a lose lose for me every time they send me something outside of Vintage MOTUC. As you can imagine over time that adds up with POP/NA/FFM etc and the cost of being a sub holder isnt exactly cheap to begin with so I appreciate that someone can respect my opinion even if they dont agree because quite frankly its frustrating and my wife isnt happy with me buying these toys anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

No, Mattel has no idea what sells and what not. We have plenty of evidence that the powers that be at Mattel cannot accurately gauge demand for the life of them, to the point that they never did a second run of an absolute top-tier character like Teela while making second runs galore of characters like Carnivus. And we have evidence that some NA characters sold out faster than some top-of-the-crop vintage characters (e.g., Optikk sold out in 14 minutes in May 2010, whereas a 12-backer like Trap Jaw took 19 minutes in February that same year). Besides, make no mistake: the most important factor in determining the line-up has always been TG's personal wants and preferences (the coming release of Nepthu, who nobody else had ever asked for, should be proof beyond doubt, in addition to all his other previous vanity and hyperobscure choices), and it's no secret that TG isn't precisely the biggest fan of PoP and NA. And I think it's also clear that Matty/TG, in their epic inability to gauge demand, have allowed themselves to be influenced by the loud and vocal vintage-only crowd who since day 1 have been arrogantly parading their selfish demands that their narrowly focussed preferences are to be given absolute preference and to hell with the rest.

I'm willing to bet a 6-figure add-on NA-themed sub (with a line-up like NA Skeletor, Sagitar, Flogg, Mara, Crita and Darius) would do just fine, even if they had to raise the price per figure to something like $40 or $50. That would in fact be much cheaper for the NA-only fans than having to spend $500ish on a main sub full of non-NA stuff just to get 1 or 2 yearly NA figures.
    NA fans (who dislike vintage MOTU?? how many are there - not many I imagine) but those who do exist really have zero right to complain because without vintage MOTU ever existing NA wouldnt exist - nor was it any kind of success years ago. I encourage you to setup that poll or contact the administrators asking for it and then push for Scott to get the message. Quite frankly it isn't too late for them to separate all of these into individuals subs and then everybody is happy! That wont ever happen though - WHY? Well its because vintage MOTU figures are used as carrots to dangle folks into a sub just like Two Bad - try telling me I am wrong! No day of sale - its seriously a joke and an insult to everybody who has supported this line for years now PERIOD. Therefore I have every reason to complain because I support the core and only the core. Fine its my opinion don't agree with me but don't insult others for "foaming at the mouth" as you put it. Just because you are a pacifist doesn't mean everybody else should be and I don't mean that as an insult. It simply means to me that you are willing to agree with whatever they give you and you are just happy to have anything at all. Consumers are the lifeblood my friend and without us this entire venture doesn't exist. Fans deserve more respect, more of a voice, and thus why I suggested you set up that poll. Heck they have a poll for just about everything else under the sun!
    PHP Code:
    J-DUBYA!! 

J to the DUB at YA

Quote Originally Posted by JDubya88788 View Post
    Even if you disagree with me - Thank you! If others love it then GREAT for them, but I will be selling him (at cost since I dont scalp) the moment he arrives and taking a hit on the shipping from Matty so its a lose lose for me every time they send me something outside of Vintage MOTUC. As you can imagine over time that adds up with POP/NA/FFM etc and the cost of being a sub holder isnt exactly cheap to begin with so I appreciate that someone can respect my opinion even if they dont agree because quite frankly its frustrating and my wife isnt happy with me buying these toys anyway.
    I think most people who will be selling Hydron will be fortunate to get $20 plus shipping, particularly if he doesn't come with a second head. That's not a knock against the character or the figure either. I think the aftermarket is going to be flooded with Hydron due to an increase in people buying subs to resell because of Two Bad. Isn't it ironic he has a diving suit?

I'm with JDubya on this. It's figures like Hydron that should NOT be in the sub! I have said it before about figures like this and the He-ster bunny. These figures should be reserved for convention/out of sub slots. I mean, if you need the sub to be successful, then it only makes sense that the "more popular" figures should be in the sub. There is no reason (that makes sense) as to why The Rock Warriors are SDCC items yet the FFM were sub items or why TOD Sorceress is a convention exclusive yet, the He-ster bunny is a sub item. If you are trying to sell subs, then that is the wrong way to do it!

We all know the vintage era is the most popular era in MOTU (I know some POP fans don't like to hear it, but it's a fact and you have to deal with it), and there is 72 total vintage figures. If from the beginning, Mattel made the road map to include 1 vintage figure a month, there would be enough figures for 6 years worth of subs. Use the quarterly slots for the beasts/vehicles like Battlecat/Panthor and Wind Raider/Jet sled. Then use the sub only figure the same way they have (outside of shadow weaver). This leaves any convention slots like SDCC and travelling for these "less popular" figures. Not to mention the 6 figure "side subs" Mattel has done the last 2 years and there would be plenty of slots for these "less wanted" figures.

Mattel COULD have pleased all the MOTU fans, if they would have just restructured the way they sold these figures. Let the vintage fans carry the subs so that the subs sell the strongest they can (remember, the sub sales keep the line going), and with a strong sub, the "less wanted" figures have a better chance of getting made. In fact, I'm willing to bet that we would have more NA and POP figures by now with my road map as opposed to Mattel's.

I love all the NA figures... but even if I didn't though I would like to think it was clear that we should expect them in the line... it was and always has been the case that this faction was to be included. yes, we are running out of time here, but we have all been in this together from the start and NA fans have had to buy subs filled with figures they may have not wanted, just like the everybody else. We are all in this until the end folks, and I find this urge to throw certain fans, figures and factions under the bus exceptionally daft.

Whilst I understand somebody not having interest in the figure I do not understand why some of the people commenting here (presumably in their 30's and possibly with kids) cannot be respectful and give the equvilant of a verbal shrug, say the figure is not for them as they have no ties to it and then move on with their day. Thankfully most people are able to do that.

I really like Hydron, he isn't perhaps as great to me as a figure like Mantenna, but he is what he is and deserves his spot in the line.

Now give me Staghorn...
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I love all the NA figures... but even if I didn't though I would like to think it was clear that we should expect them in the line... it was and always has been the case that this faction was to be included. yes, we are running out of time here, but we have all been in this together from the start and NA fans have had to buy subs filled with figures they may have not wanted, just like the everybody else. We are all in this until the end folks, and I find this urge to throw certain fans, figures and factions under the bus exceptionally daft.

Whilst I understand somebody not having interest in the figure I do not understand why some of the people commenting here (presumably in their 30's and possibly with kids) cannot be respectful and give the equvilant of a verbal shrug, say the figure is not for them as they have no ties to it and then move on with their day. Thankfully most people are able to do that.

I really like Hydron, he isn't perhaps as great to me as a figure like Mantenna, but he is what he is and deserves his spot in the line.

Now give me Staghorn...
    You prove my point right there.

First, I'm not saying that I don't expect Hydron to be in the LINE or that he shouldn't be in the LINE. I am simply saying that Hydron should not be in the SUB. Please don't confuse the two.

Second, if NA only fans (do they really exist?) had to buy an entire Club Eternia sub to get the few figures they want, wouldn't it make more sense to have a 6 figure NA "side sub" instead? I think only 6 NA figures have been released total so far, but I could be wrong. Again, that is a better situation for NA only fans (still can't believe they exist) and for the Club Eternia sub as well.

Finally, please don't take it personally. This is a forum for discussing MOTU and just because I state that I don't particularly like a figure, does not mean that I am trying to personally disrespect any one. I am simply giving my opinion on a glaring problem with this line (sub sales declining) and how I think it could have been remedied.

Also by your logic, wouldn't gloating about how much you LIKE Hydron and how much he deserves to be in the sub/line, be just as disrespectful for those who don't like him or think he doesn't deserve to be in the line? It's a double edged sword, especially when we are dealing with opinions.

Sorry guys, but NA fans have been getting 1 or 2 figures A YEAR. I don't think that's too much to swallow. If you don't like Hydron, fine. But he should be in the sub. For those fans, he's a HUGE player.

I think it's just a bit over the top to say he shouldn't be in the sub. Karatti? Maybe. Not so much with Hydron.

It's one of those things where, not to be blunt, people just need to get over it a little bit. This line is for all kinds of people. Not just vintage-only fans, even if they were in the majority. If ONE figure in a sub of 12 figures is that upsetting, then subbing may not be for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Sorry guys, but NA fans have been getting 1 or 2 figures A YEAR. I don't think that's too much to swallow. If you don't like Hydron, fine. But he should be in the sub. For those fans, he's a HUGE player.

I think it's just a bit over the top to say he shouldn't be in the sub. Karatti? Maybe. Not so much with Hydron.

It's one of those things where, not to be blunt, people just need to get over it a little bit. This line is for all kinds of people. Not just vintage-only fans, even if they were in the majority. If ONE figure in a sub of 12 figures is that upsetting, then subbing may not be for you.
    This.

But are we really still arguing about Hydron? Dear oh dear. He's probably (unfortunately) the only NA figure we'll get in 2014. Big deal. If you don't want him just sell him and get on with it.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by paulioscorchio View Post
    This.

But are we really still arguing about Hydron? Dear oh dear. He's probably (unfortunately) the only NA figure we'll get in 2014. Big deal. If you don't want him just sell him and get on with it.
    Yea take a loss on shipping -we all have money to throw away!! WOO HOO LETS JUST BURN IT!! Honestly that was a dull statement - why dont you just deal with what you see posted same difference

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by isic View Post
    You prove my point right there.

First, I'm not saying that I don't expect Hydron to be in the LINE or that he shouldn't be in the LINE. I am simply saying that Hydron should not be in the SUB. Please don't confuse the two.

Second, if NA only fans (do they really exist?) had to buy an entire Club Eternia sub to get the few figures they want, wouldn't it make more sense to have a 6 figure NA "side sub" instead? I think only 6 NA figures have been released total so far, but I could be wrong. Again, that is a better situation for NA only fans (still can't believe they exist) and for the Club Eternia sub as well.

Finally, please don't take it personally. This is a forum for discussing MOTU and just because I state that I don't particularly like a figure, does not mean that I am trying to personally disrespect any one. I am simply giving my opinion on a glaring problem with this line (sub sales declining) and how I think it could have been remedied.

Also by your logic, wouldn't gloating about how much you LIKE Hydron and how much he deserves to be in the sub/line, be just as disrespectful for those who don't like him or think he doesn't deserve to be in the line? It's a double edged sword, especially when we are dealing with opinions.
    OH SNAP! lol
    PHP Code:
    J-DUBYA!! 

J to the DUB at YA

All right guys. I don't think much is being accomplished by this particular strand of conversation, and, frankly, we're going off topic.

Let's get back to talking about the figure. I think we've had quite enough talk about whether it should or should not be in the sub or in the line. The fact of the matter, it is. And, if you don't like that he's in the sub. You can simply not sub. The choice is yours.

So let's get back to discussing the pros and cons of the figure itself.

I just hope Mattel includes a second head with Hydron. It would be disappointing if he's the first heroic NA character to not have an alternate head.

Agreed. I know he has a lot of new tooling already, but it would be odd. I was more of a mini-comic fan than a fan of the animation (still trying to sit down and watch that one day) but I do recognize that he was out of the mask/hood more than he was in in that, right?