Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Captain Hydron Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    While this may be true, and I'm all for NA being included, let's not forget the fact that despite being the official progression of the mythos, it wasn't a popular concept with the fans at the time and continues to suffer from that today. Also, it's not the end of the mythos either, but rather a temporary side mission before He-Man returned to Eternia for the final clash with Skeletor and the beginning of the Son of He-Man era, of which we've only received one figure so far
    I hated the NA concept as a kid and I don't care for the cartoon. Parts of it are alright, but the considerable lack of links to either the vintage line or Filmation is what killed it for me. However, the MOTUC canon is dead on. He-Man and She-Ra are recruited to the stars to help the Galactic Protectors battle Skeletor and the Space Mutants. This actually opens the doors for many more characters, such as Cosmic Enforcers, the Horde, Comet Warriors, and anyone else that might want to go along for the ride. Not only that, but what about an Eternia without He-Man or an Etheria without She-Ra? There are so many undeveloped stories there! So much potential!

Oh...and Hydron still rocks!

I hope he is the last Galactic Guardian we receive until 2016. Sagitar is cool because he us unique, but i don't think he is an A list necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I hope he is the last Galactic Guardian we receive until 2016. Sagitar is cool because he us unique, but i don't think he is an A list necessity.
    In a line with over 100 figures, so far we have a ridiculous grand total of only 3 Galactic Guardian figures (including yet-to-be-released Hydron). This faction is composed of about 30 characters, and over half of its most essential must-haves remain unreleased and unannounced (Darius, Mara, Sebrian, Sagitar, NA Adam).

Demanding that no more figures for this faction be released until 2016, sounds VERY disrespectful towards NA fans. Especially considering that these fans have so far been given meager scraps, whereas the fans of some other privileged factions already have ten times as many figures and counting (including not only all of their A/B-listers, but also many secondary characters, obscure tertiary characters, concept characters few had ever heard of, countless variants, etc).
    Last edited by uaxuctum; August 23, 2013 at 04:28pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Everyone's definition of "A list" is different. Although I would simply be trolling to place Sagitar alongside guys like Dragstor, Sssqueeze, or even Mermista in importance to fans, he's certainly sought after and I'd argue would be a great 'oddity' addition to the line in 2014/15. Furthermore I disagree that Galactic Guardians should be shut out of the next two years as both Tuskador and Sagitar are definitely A-list NA and deserve their ranking alongside the other A listers from other factions.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Did someone say Mermista!!??
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

If we just got Tuskador and Sagitar I'd be fine with that being all the Galactic Protectors we get. But I definitely think those two should be made. Mara and Darius would be cool though, but since they lean more towards concept characters I'd imagine they won't be as likely.

Mara was a prototype toy that never got released as well as featuring very heavily in the cartoon. That's a lot different than any of the other concepts or prototypes.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor EvilSeed LizardMan Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreeElle Montork Miro Blast Attack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Mara was a prototype toy that never got released as well as featuring very heavily in the cartoon. That's a lot different than any of the other concepts or prototypes.
    To me after Hydron, Flogg, Crita, Mara, and Master Sebrian were the most important characters from NA. I personally would like to see NA Skeletor, Flogg, Crita, Sagitar, and Mara finish up the NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    To me after Hydron, Flogg, Crita, Mara, and Master Sebrian were the most important characters from NA. I personally would like to see NA Skeletor, Flogg, Crita, Sagitar, and Mara finish up the NA characters.
    I absolutely agree. I would throw in Darius just so we finish all the prototypes. And that would give us an even amount of Guardians versus Mutants.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor EvilSeed LizardMan Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreeElle Montork Miro Blast Attack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I think they should definitely try to do Flog, Mara (prototype) and Crita for 2014 and 2015 as they are the most requested and A list of NA. After that Tuskador & Lizzor (highly demanded) and Darius should be next.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Mara and Darius would be cool though, but since they lean more towards concept characters I'd imagine they won't be as likely.
    Apart from having toy prototypes, Mara was a regular of the Jetlag cartoon and Darius was featured in comics. If this fits the definition of "concept" character, then so did Shadow Weaver and Goat Man. In fact, given that SW and GM didn't have any physical prototype made, they could be regarded as more "concept" than Mara and Darius.

Besides, Mara and Darius are PROMINENT members of their faction (just like Shadow Weaver) and in this respect they could be likened to Teela and Man-at-Arms. The Galactic Guardians/Protectors faction would be left seriously lacking without them.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Apart from having toy prototypes, Mara was a regular of the Jetlag cartoon and Darius was featured in comics. If this fits the definition of "concept" character, then so did Shadow Weaver and Goat Man. In fact, given that SW and GM didn't have any physical prototype made, they could be regarded as more "concept" than Mara and Darius.

Besides, Mara and Darius are PROMINENT members of their faction (just like Shadow Weaver) and in this respect they could be likened to Teela and Man-at-Arms. The Galactic Guardians/Protectors faction would be left seriously lacking without them.
    Completely agree!

Not only is Mara the New Adventures equivalent of Teela, she was also Adam/He-man's main love interest in the show.

Also, it always struck me as odd how Darius never got a figure produced given his major role in the NA comics...... MOTUC would be a perfect place for BOTH of these characters to end up!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Hydron. Flogg. NA Skeltetor. That would do me.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    So..... was it ever confirmed whether or not Hydron's armor was "unbuttoned" at Power Con?

I certainly have to believe that it was, because Hydron is not that buff...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    So..... was it ever confirmed whether or not Hydron's armor was "unbuttoned" at Power Con?

Did anyone ask if they plan to fix it? It looks quite .... bad. Unfortunatelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Maybe Scott TOYGURU Neitlich said something in the walk trough with PIXEL DAN? But i havenīt read a confirmation about it.

The fact that he addressed it here on the board makes it obvious that even he saw that there was something wrong or not attached. No matter what it was the figure on that first picture clearly showed there was a mistake going on and he canīt deny it!

Here again his quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Heading to the show this morning with new reveals! Congrats to Val and Rachel! Thanks awesome.

And I can't tell, but I think Hydron's armor is unbottoned. I'll fix it (if this is true) when I arrive.
    Last edited by Niki; September 16, 2013 at 08:45am.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

If this is really official product, then I really need to find a way to fix him.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    If this is really official product, then I really need to find a way to fix him.
    how come?

Everybody in MOTU is too buff and ripped anyway. We need some fat guys and if Hydron's armour makes him look kinda large then I am fine with that, it adds to the character for me if anything

The sculpt is amazing though, really hope we get more NA this year.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    how come?

Because he looks fat. Some drilling and sanding should do the job.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

hydron_nerfed.jpg
    A bigger issue is that his yellow scuba backpack is missing! I hope it was just forgotten in the display and not costed out of the figure. That yellow backpack added a lot to the figure. Hydron is going to look bland without it with all the blue and nothing to break up the design.
    Last edited by sirsniffy; September 16, 2013 at 11:35am.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    Because he looks fat. Some drilling and sanding should do the job.
    He has been laid off for quite awhile. Sometimes the pounds tend to creep on when noone has paid any attention to you in 20 years.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    He has been laid off for quite awhile. Sometimes the pounds tend to creep on when noone has paid any attention to you in 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    hydron_nerfed.jpg
    A bigger issue is that his yellow scuba backpack is missing! I hope it was just forgotten in the display and not costed out of the figure. That yellow backpack added a lot to the figure. Hydron is going to look bland without it with all the blue and nothing to break up the design.
    QFT--^ I didn't even notice that until now! I'm fairly certain it was just left off him while in the display case, but it doesn't pay to assume this late into the production pipeline. Scott, any chance we can get an answer on this?
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Heroic Warrior Science Friction's Avatar
    Since I'm getting two Hydron's I suppose I will see what I can do about lightning his load.. Though I have a cheap Preternia He-Man I could experiment on as well. I hope his armor was in fact unbuttoned though, as even a space scubadiver needs to be sleek. All that bulk doesn't make for very good mobility in the water.