Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Flogg Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Official Flogg Thread

Flogg is the leader of the Mutants. In the cartoon, Skeletor manipulated him while letting him believe that he was the boss while in the toyline canon, Skeletor outright took control over the Mutants, making Flogg and his Mutants the Tri-Solar Galaxy branch of the Evil Warriors.

In know Optikk's bio says otherwise, but would you guys prefer Flogg to lead the Mutants in MOTUC or working for Skeletor like the old era?

Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 4, 2011 at 08:41am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I'm very much looking forward to the possibility of this figure. The character design and concept are super cool. I feel like the chunkier MOTUC style will really make him shine.

I am also VERY excited for this figure, "if and when" he is released.

I like the idea if Flogg being the figure-head but Skeletor being the boss behind the scenes.

Not sure that will work with MOTUC, but there is no reason Flogg can't be in charge of the Mutants of Denebria, and then ousted by Skeletor... It establishes motivation for an eventual betrayal by Flogg.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    They need to fix King Hssss shoulders if they plan on using them for Flogg.

Luckily he won't be using the King Hssss crotch so they can still use the Hssss thighs.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Let's See, He would need
    New Weapon
    New Head
    New Torso Armor (Over standard Torso with Hordak abs)
    New Lower Arms
    New Crotch
    New feet
    Hssss Shoulders
    Hssss Biceps
    Hssss Legs
    Kronis/Optikk Hands
    TJ/Optikk Boots (seeing that NA gets Vintage styled part approximations)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Let's See, He would need
    New Weapon
    New Head
    New Torso Armor (Over standard Torso with Hordak abs)
    New Lower Arms
    New Crotch
    New feet
    Hssss Shoulders
    Hssss Biceps
    Hssss Legs
    Kronis/Optikk Hands
    TJ/Optikk Boots (seeing that NA gets Vintage styled part approximations)
    I don't think he needs a new crotch. I think the man-e-faces crotch works. I also think that if they make his armor like Optikk he won't need the awful smooth hordak abs.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

He could use He-Ro lower arms and maybe upper boots with Hordak feet, though new tooling is generally preferred.

Yes to both.

Flogg is the leader of the mutants, yes.

Is Merman not the leader of a group of Merman?

Does Beastman not lead his beasts and possibly Goatman?

Skeletor is -the- bad guy in MOTU. Flogg wouldn't be the first previous leader Skeletor forced into service.

The way I see it, Keldor was a dashing young upstart fighting for what, in a way, was rightfully his. He wasn't necessary in the wrong though his motives and actions were not "good."

He was fueled by hatred from the way he had suffered and watched his mother and he's people suffer and been exiled. In his mind his actions were totally justified.

When he was turned into Skeletor, he went mad. His ambitions of power and dictatorship were the same, but any morale code, goodness, or love for anyone he may have had went out the window...and he liked it. He liked what he had become and was irreversibly Skeletor forever. In fact if I were ever the author of any MOTU story I would have a time when Evil Lyn uses some artifact to turn Skeletor back into Keldor. They resume their implied relationship and for a short time things appear better. Then as a surprise twist Keldor uses the artifact to turn himself back to Skeletor and then destroys the artifact. Because he hated being the 'weak' Keldor again.

After the mystic wall went up, Skeletor became the unquestioned ruler of much of the Dark Hemisphere. Forcing the other warlords and lesser villains who he did not already control - to join him or otherwise serve him in some fashion. Through money, weapons, troops etc. This is how he can meet Jitsu, Spikor, Modulok...whoever.

The people of the Dark Hemisphere for the most part all learned to hate the heroic warriors however, because none of them wanted to be imprisoned. Those in the DH who didn't know Skeletor thought of him as a hero of their land. Not in terms so simple as good guy or bad guy, but Skeletor was fighting for the justice/vengeance they wanted. Perhaps why a villain with an honor code like Jitsu would promise his blade. Those who did know Skeletor...knew him better.

They know Skeletor doesn't have their interests in mind what-so-ever. They are tools for him to use in becoming Master of the Universe.

Because Skeletor is just awesome like that.

In conclusion Flogg has his own battles and things going on when Skeletor meets him. For a time they might appear to be partners. But not for very long. The Skeletor "of my cannon" would never ever grovel and whimper at Flogg like the one in the NA cartoon.

Not to say he wouldn't grovel before a more powerful being to save his life. Because of course he would. And he would also destroy that same being he groveled before as soon as he got a chance.

Gotta love that guy.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    I don't think he needs a new crotch. I think the man-e-faces crotch works. I also think that if they make his armor like Optikk he won't need the awful smooth hordak abs.
    Agreed on the M-e-F/Optikk crotch!
    The Belt could be sculpted to the Lower Ab piece add on "plate" like with Optikk's
    Armor Hopefully will be removable, like Optikk's.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I am looking very forward to more NA characters in MOTUC.

I am a recent NA convert, I just completed getting most of the original NA figures in the past year (just missing the last series figures, which I don't plan on getting due to their rarity). I am also currently watching the NA DVDs since I have never seen them before.

While I have nothing against the cartoon, I do prefer Skeletor being the absolute leader, while I see Flogg as his lieutenant. Flogg can still be the leader of the Mutants (who will still respect his orders as much as Skeletors). For me, being a leader means you have to have a good deal of intellegence, and the cartoon version of Flogg being lead around by Skeletor just doesn't give me that impression (unless Flogg is intentionally going along with Skeletor and acting dumb).
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

I think Flogg could look great with a 4H makeover.

The NA figures just don't really do the characters justice.
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

Out of all the NA characters, I think the mutants are what most appeal to me and feel like they could fit in best with the figures we already have. Slushhead is probably my next favorite design after Optikk, but Flogg is right after him. The 4H would make a killer Flogg, I'm sure of it.

I'm thinking next year they are going to have to step up the number of NA characters per year a bit or 2016 will be really heavy with them.

He's lower on my list, but I'm still looking forward to him! His design is way too interesting to ignore.

Anyway, I've always loved that comic! Skeletor just busts out and fries the guy, tells 'em who's boss, and goes from there. Nothin' to it.
    Last edited by Alexx; March 30, 2011 at 10:10pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    ...In know Optikk's bio says otherwise, but would you guys prefer Flogg to lead the Mutants in MOTUC or working for Skeletor like the old era?
    I would prefer Flogg be the faction leader of the Space Mutants, remove Skeletor from the equation as much as possible. He can "command his mutant army" to assist Skeletor all day long, but I hope they give the guy a break and let him be a faction leader.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I love Flogg, he's always been a really interesting character, and the relationship between him and Skeletor in the cartoon was one of the best parts about the series. I would much prefer Flogg to be the competent leader of the Mutants, with Skeletor retaining his "advisor" role, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

So I'd like them to go back to the toyline story in which Flogg hates Skeletor, but reluctantly serves him, plotting to regain power over the Mutants at some point.
    "Evil can never defeat good!"
    "Don't be ridiculous, of course it can!"
    He-Man and Skeletor in 'Crack in the World'.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    good to see more n/a support.

I love Flogg, and if/when he gets made I really hope his helmet is removeable.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Hmmm... The 4H have their work cut out for them on this one, IMHO. Not a fan, but I should probably reserve judgement until I see the Classics version.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Storywise, I hope they go the Mini-comics route. Well it's most likely they'll go that route seeing that they don't own the cartoon rights.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Woah, Flogg hasn’t had a thread yet either? I’m not exactly sure which route they should take canon-wise for Flogg. Flogg I think should be the ruler of the space mutants, and heavily resist a Skeletor takeover. If there’s a battle and Skeletor wins later on than so be it. Although, I’m not sure how detailed his bio will get. Flogg and Quakke remind me of each other..

I´m really looking foward to Flogg. I love the character and has a lot of potential in the 4H look. Hope he gets the removable helmet or an alternate helmetless head. I think he serves Skeletor but at some point he takes control over the mutants and become their leader, but then Skeletor is really ****** and end up kicking his @$$

Heroic Warrior
    I think Flogg should be one of the next mutants to be made (with Slush Head, Lizorr and Quakke).

Alas, we already know he WON'T get a removeable helmet (since Toyguru explained the MOTUC policy is to NOT release figures with removeable helmets - cf. Zodak and Vikor).

But I promise you that if more figures come with the stupid new T-crotch we got on Bow and Hssss, no matter how cool they look, I won't buy them ! I like my figures to AT LEAST be able to give a kick, or to be able to sit !

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I am also VERY excited for this figure, "if and when" he is released.

I like the idea if Flogg being the figure-head but Skeletor being the boss behind the scenes.

Not sure that will work with MOTUC, but there is no reason Flogg can't be in charge of the Mutants of Denebria, and then ousted by Skeletor... It establishes motivation for an eventual betrayal by Flogg.
    I agree on all counts! Flogg is a grea design that I think we will love in MOTUC. I can't wait for his Bio!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    a removable helmet would be great.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Bring on Flogg - I actually prefer the name Brakk more....

He should come with two head - one with helmet one without (maybe a different facial expression also)