Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Flogg Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Are we sure that isn't the original weapon from the 90s? Just curious since the slide show has the sculpted whip too.
    I did a comparison of the display case photos from ToyArk with the photos of the vintage weapon from here on the .org - it's very close, but there are subtle differences (the two little buttons on the Classics one in addition to the two big buttons is probably the biggest difference to note off the bat), so I'd agree with Rodster6 in that what's being shown in the case isn't the vintage weapon.

He is one of those figures that needed more of an update over a direct translation IMO. His face is silly looking. I feel like the newer figures are just translations vs being Classicized except for Blade. I am hoping he is the last NA figure we get next year. 2 is more than enough. Also, as someone else mentioned, his head looks very similar to Snake Face.

WHEW! He wasn't high on my list, but DANG does he look awesome! More Trap-Jaw legs, but eh, they work! And I knew they would use Horde Trooper parts - those work perfectly. All around great looking figure!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

He looks great!

This reminds me that I still need Karatti though.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Flogg looks pretty impressive! I'm surprised he's in 2014 I thought he'd be one of the first figures in 2015.

His face does look similar to Snake Face only because they have similar eyes and mouth/fangs.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Disappointed. They should have mixed the toon version with the toy version, especially in the face. Good grief that face is ugly, and not in a "he's an ugly mutant" kind of way.

Can someone give a rundown of reused parts please? The old stuff (TJ legs, Hordak feet) is obvious, but doesn't he share parts with a few new reveals, yet to be released? I feel like the leader of the mutants would have little to no re-used parts. But hey, the most obscure old school characters need close to 100% new tools, so let's bend the NA fans over... again.

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, I think amongst the NA mutants, Flogg is the one who's the least attractive so far (I never was too fond of his design to begin with). But that's subjective... I may buy him, but clearly, he's not a priority in my book...
    Last edited by Prahvus; October 11, 2013 at 05:49pm.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Real glad to see more NA
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Disappointed. They should have mixed the toon version with the toy version, especially in the face. Good grief that face is ugly, and not in a "he's an ugly mutant" kind of way.

Can someone give a rundown of reused parts please? The old stuff (TJ legs, Hordak feet) is obvious, but doesn't he share parts with a few new reveals, yet to be released? I feel like the leader of the mutants would have little to no re-used parts. But hey, the most obscure old school characters need close to 100% new tools, so let's bend the NA fans over... again.
    Alright... I mentioned it a few posts back but here we go.
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    We actually got:
    New Weapon(s)
    New Head
    New Torso Armor
    Horde Trooper Arms
    New Crotch (Loincloth)
    Seems like new Thighs
    Trap Jaw Boots
    Hordak Feet

Looks like I only guessed the TJ Boots correctly... DAMN!!
    the entire arms seem to come from the Horde Troopers while the Boots are Trap Jaw and the feet are Hordak's
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I have to say that Flogg stole some of Extendar's thunder for me. I'm more excited for him than the ol' knight. Then again, most villains in MOTU are cooler than the majority of heroes.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

It's kind of weird that he's the one who comes with He-Man's old sword. Maybe He-Man uses the lightsaber because Flogg stole the original?

Just swiped it off the nightstand?

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Alright... I mentioned it a few posts back but here we go.
    Awesome thanks. I think it's the arms that don't look right to me. I'll have to compare them to the old toy and toon.

Hell yeah! So stoked we're getting him this year, he looks amazing!

I always pictured him being made with King Hiss/ Draegoman arms and legs and having new forearms and new boots. I'm a little dissapointed he doesn't at least have new feet, but I guess all the other new parts make up for it. Oh well, I'm not complaining, I think he looks badass! I can't wait to get him!
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Been waiting for Flogg... Shame he looks like he's missing a chromosome.. but, Yay! Flogg!!!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I have to say that Flogg stole some of Extendar's thunder for me.
    He stole almost all of it for me.

Flogg looks awesome!!

As someone who hates NA with a passion, I hate to say it but Flogg has just become one of my most anticipated figures in 2014.

Looks good to me. I just hope that helmet stays on his head because he does look a little skinny/dweeby without it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I wish flogg's head was a little more like the cartoon.
    but Im real happy he was well & represented.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I wonder if he'll have a diaper crotch, you know seeing as how they can't do body hugging clothing AND keep waist articulation .. Whoops ... probably not!
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I wonder if he'll have a diaper crotch, you know seeing as how they can't do body hugging clothing AND keep waist articulation .. Whoops ... probably not!
    LOL! Sorry to disappoint but it seems that only the female figures are special enough to get the awesome diaper crotch treatment.

Anyways he looks awesome and I love how freaking ugly he is. Now all we need is Crita and my NA baddies will be complete.

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    I hope they mention on his bio "Real Name: Brakk" as a wink to the name the vintage figure was given for certain overseas releases. It's Brakk, Kalamarr, and Icarius, not Flogg, Slush Head and Flipshot, dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    LOL! Sorry to disappoint but it seems that only the female figures are special enough to get the awesome diaper crotch treatment.

Anyways he looks awesome and I love how freaking ugly he is. Now all we need is Crita and my NA baddies will be complete.
    Get ready for Crita Diaper goodness!!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Filmation sword still looks cruddy.
    I couldn't agree more on that "Filmation" Power Sword. It's still too short, too fat, and just overall inaccurate.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I couldn't agree more on that "Filmation" Power Sword. It's still too short, too fat, and just overall inaccurate.
    They should have sculpted a whole new sword, rather than just 'add on' bits to the already existing sword. It doesn't look Filmation AT ALL.

They should have sculpted a whole new sword, rather than just 'add on' bits to the already existing sword. It doesn't look Filmation AT ALL.
    no it dose not :/

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Considering it is the ICONIC sword for He-Man, it should be made correctly, or not at all. They can use the tooling to give us another accurate relic. As it stands now, I think the "Sword of the Ancients" is superior to the "Filmation" sword.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."