Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Flogg Thread

Snappy Threader
    The more I see this figure the more I want it very badly. Amazing figure.

When I saw Flogg revealed for the first time, I didn't like him at all. The more I look at him now, the more I like him.

I am not a NA fan, but they are growing on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Heroic Warrior
    He's going to look so cool leading Slushhead, Optik, and Karatti into battle against He-Man, Flipshot, and Hydron! All I would really need is NA Skeletor and Crita at this point, and my Space Mutants would be complete. Any others they want to throw my way I'd snap up in a heartbeat, but I think the 6 Space Mutants would do nicely.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I'm really surprised at how much new tooling we seem to be getting with a lot of these figures; I see some re-use on Flogg, but there's a lot of new stuff, as well. I know I often rag on TG a lot about making promises he and Mattel don't wind up keeping, but he said we'd be getting a lot for our money this year, and, as far as new parts/molds go, they seem to be keeping that pledge up to this point.

As for Floggy himself, they really knocked it out of the park again. The Fab Four did a great job translating him into classics, as they have with all the other NA characters. He's going to look great with the other NA baddies while they wait for Skeletor (hopefully not too long a wait)...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Bumping this in hopes that someone at the 'con will ask Toyguru if we can change Flogg's feet to NA Skeletor's.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...front_full.jpg

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/20...scaled_800.jpg
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Yeah, it's strange they didn't use NA Skeletor's feet on Flogg! It's not like they would look similar since the silver would make 'em blend in perfectly! I had figured they weren't doing NA Skelly's feet because of it, honestly. If there's time (which I'm sure there isn't) they should TOTALLY use NA Skelly's feet on Flogg!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

considering flogg is coming out before NA skeletor they prob didn't have the tooling available for flogg.

I still love flogg as is but i can see people wanting different feet.

man skeletor looks good.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I've requested this on the Matty forums, but I imagine I will either be ignored or told he's too far along blah blah blah...it seems like Mattel used to be more open to making changes that fans request (especially when the figure doesn't come out for 10 months) but not anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I've requested this on the Matty forums, but I imagine I will either be ignored or told he's too far along blah blah blah...it seems like Mattel used to be more open to making changes that fans request (especially when the figure doesn't come out for 10 months) but not anymore...
    This is RIDICULOUS. Just release NA Skeletor first if you need the mold. Those feet NEED to be on logg. Flogg looks silly with Hordack feet. The NA feet practically seem to have been made FOR him.

Last edited by darkmoon766; November 2, 2013 at 10:25pm.

Like Glimmer's skirt it's probably physically impossible to use those feet.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    Like Glimmer's skirt it's probably physically impossible to use those feet.
    Mattel design is physically impossible...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

I think I would prefer the NA Skeletor feet over the Hordak ones for Flogg. They just don't work for me on him.

They'd look good but I'm not really bothered by the Hordak feet.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    This is RIDICULOUS. Just release NA Skeletor first if you need the mold. Those feet NEED to be on logg. Flogg looks silly with Hordack feet.
    Well, that's not exactly possible, and with good reason. The better question/demand is that, as the line is cost-effected over the totality of the year, the feet have been budgeted in to the year already, and whether they are tooled for Flogg, or tooled for Skeletor, they have the budget to tool them already. So just move up the production of that tooling, and apply it to the earlier figure.

There's really no good excuse as to why this wasn't already the plan. Flogg should have the same feet as Skeletor, since thy share that design queue. But like Webstor, we're going to get shafted with an inferior shared-parts mashup rather than have the correct tools created to do the figure right.

It was palatable in 2009. It is not at this point. Bad form, Matty.
    NO RED BEAST? WE TURN BEAT RED!

My MOTU Classics Wishlist:
    Filmation - LIZARD MAN, Kittrina, Vultak, Zilora, Ileena
    Space Mutants - CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    MYP - VEENA, Evilseed, Prahvus
    Concept - RED BEAST

Flogg's feet won't be changed. It's too far into production by now. They have likely already started mass producing what we have seen at NYCC.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Flogg's feet won't be changed. It's too far into production by now. They have likely already started mass producing what we have seen at NYCC.
    I don't believe they have started the June or July figures yet. Maybe samples but not mass production. There should stil be time. Someone needs to ask about this at Komikazecon.

Flogg is next summer, right? They might have time to get the new feet tooled up. It's not that big a deal to me though.

"By the time you see a figure reveal that figure is too far along in the production process for any changes to be made. Unfortunately, Flogg will not be able to come with the feet of Intergalactic Skeletor."

You know this is what we will be told so why bother? The only time I can think of that we had seen some sort of positive change was when SMAA was given the 200x look.

I really like Flogg but I'm not certain on the head sculpt I know its closer to the original figure then the toon version but I always liked that Toon version with regular pupils and normal teeth. anyone think they may Mod theirs to look closer to this when they get one?

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    "By the time you see a figure reveal that figure is too far along in the production process for any changes to be made. Unfortunately, Flogg will not be able to come with the feet of Intergalactic Skeletor."

You know this is what we will be told so why bother? The only time I can think of that we had seen some sort of positive change was when SMAA was given the 200x look.
    Griffon wing color was also changed.

I welcome this figure in my collection, I think the 4HM did him well.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post

I see zero harm in asking. Mattel has proven adept at certain changes this far out in the past. It really depends on how much they desire to make the change and how loud fandom is about it.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

NA Skeletor feet on Flogg please!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    NA Skeletor feet on Flogg please!
    This!

Wonder why Mattel are so strange with their decisions...?

Flogg definitely needs the NA Skelly feet! Its a no brainer!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar