Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Flogg Thread

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Flogg definitely needs the NA Skelly feet! Its a no brainer!
    If it's possible- and Matty doesn't give us obfuscation in place of fact- I totally agree. If the figure is already deep into production though I would understand if they said no. But since we're still only being shown proto's (granted proto's that have received the official blessing of management via FPR, but still proto's) of Flogg it stands to reason this could be changed. It just makes much more sense than the Hordak feet, which I agree with fandom look nothing like his original more 'robotic' tootsies.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I feel we will get it. Remember wen everyone was clamoring for whiplash shoulders and castle grayskull man, and they did it. This is an easy fix that from a design standpoint makes the figure better,and i think it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    It's the pupils verses the large elliptical slits. In my opinion his eyes are also way too big, and the nose is wrong.
    I just realized another nit-pick I have, and it's with the armor color. I think the beige-ish look of the toon goes with the red WAY better than the straight silver, but it could still be an easy fix. Never had the original, so I assume the silver is the way he appeared there.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I feel we will get it. Remember wen everyone was clamoring for whiplash shoulders and castle grayskull man, and they did it. This is an easy fix that from a design standpoint makes the figure better,and i think it will happen.
    Apparently that was then, when they were willing to make such changes, and now they are not. Everything now is too far along in production to change. I guess we are just stuck with customizing to suit our needs.
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Apparently that was then, when they were willing to make such changes, and now they are not. Everything now is too far along in production to change. I guess we are just stuck with customizing to suit our needs.
    We were also told from the reveal tha CG Man would have the Wiplash shoulders and the sample they had was an error. So that wasn't really a change caused by fan demand. A better example would be Snake Man at Arms or Teela. Apparently neither of those were past the point where changes couldn't be made.

Heroic Warrior
    That figure can be interesting with some other mutants like Lizorr or Quakke. I would consider buy the mutants faction, if enough are getting made...

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    We were also told from the reveal tha CG Man would have the Wiplash shoulders and the sample they had was an error. So that wasn't really a change caused by fan demand. A better example would be Snake Man at Arms or Teela. Apparently neither of those were past the point where changes couldn't be made.
    Sometimes they change things even after they presented it like Temple of Darkness Sorceress boots, and as far as i remember no one asked for different boots back than.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    If it's possible- and Matty doesn't give us obfuscation in place of fact- I totally agree. If the figure is already deep into production though I would understand if they said no. But since we're still only being shown proto's (granted proto's that have received the official blessing of management via FPR, but still proto's) of Flogg it stands to reason this could be changed. It just makes much more sense than the Hordak feet, which I agree with fandom look nothing like his original more 'robotic' tootsies.
    NA Skeletor is being released AFTER Flogg, so it stands to reason that the NA Skeletor feet were logistically not available for use on Flogg. Because the molds didn't yet exist, and NA Skeletor was (at that time), only a non-articulated statue sitting in the 4HM Headquarters.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    And, like the change in the Royal Guards, it would usually be possible because the molds already exist. And that may be the rub here; I believe Flogg is coming out before Skelly, so technically the molds for old bone head's feet may not exist quite yet when Flogg goes into production...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Sometimes they change things even after they presented it like Temple of Darkness Sorceress boots, and as far as i remember no one asked for different boots back than.
    Actually, I believe when they first showed her they informed that she would have Teela's boots but the sample they had did not and they had an additional pair of white Teela boots sitting next to her. I remember people assuming she would have interchangeable boots.

Flogg is one of the characters I have stronger opinions about - I wish he had Hook 'Em Brakk's head or an animated head - either would look better than the version we seem to be getting. If there is a head pack, this would be my number-one want.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    And, like the change in the Royal Guards, it would usually be possible because the molds already exist. And that may be the rub here; I believe Flogg is coming out before Skelly, so technically the molds for old bone head's feet may not exist quite yet when Flogg goes into production...
    They had the molds for Rattlor for the Snake Men before Rattlor was released.... I know they planned to use the molds, but I'm sure making the feet tooling change before he went into production when people first said something was completely possible, I don't believe the 12 month ******** for changes one bit, especially when they have done changes in 6, and that is well documented with Blastic being changed within 6 months of complaints, and Frosta still undergoing physical changes 6 months of so just prior to her production run.

We work with plastic and new molds all the time and we can make an entire redo within 3 months and still be on schedule, all you guys are asking for is new feet that are already planned for another soon coming figure, not like you want feet magically pulled from the ether that still need to be sculpted.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

How do you guys feel about the fact the helmet is non-removable now? I'm kind of sad display options-wise,but to be honest I doubt I'd have displayed him without it too often.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    How do you guys feel about the fact the helmet is non-removable now? I'm kind of sad display options-wise,but to be honest I doubt I'd have displayed him without it too often.
    That's funny - same reaction here. I would never take it off, yet I was disappointed when I saw the option had been removed. Then, I had to laugh at myself. I think it was just a fun option to have, but I never would have used it anyway. I DO think it makes him less interesting. His sculpt is pretty basic and he only has his one weapon plus a weapon for someone else. The ability to remove his helmet made him more appealing, but it isn't a huge loss for me.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

At first i was disappointed but then i figured it wasn't that big of a deal. I would leave the helmet on anyway.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I'm fine with it. To be honest, his head looked rather weird without the helmet on.
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

As long as the solid head sculpt is the same and nor warped, I am totally fine with it.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Flogg still looks awesome, but I'm sad. He looks REALLY creepy without his helmet on. I wish we still had the option.

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    I was planning to display him without the helmet, so I'm not thrilled.

Oh well. Like Gloria Gaynor said: "I will survive."

maybe it is just glued on
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Doesn't effect me much, though I don't get why it's so hard to do.

Only thing that bothers me is the big chunks on his thighs. They run right into the pelvis, and I don't see how his legs are gona move forward at all.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'm actually happier that the helmet is not removable. No other helmets in the line are. Don't have to deal with a helmet coming off or becoming slightly skewed.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

i'm sort of disappointed, but more concerned . . . this was sort of the first play feature that they had brought back to the line, and with them not able to do it (for whatever reason, who knows?), it makes me a little nervous that all the stuff the proto-type of Rio Blast has will end up going away by the time he comes to production.

Maybe I am over-reacting, but I'm a bit of a pessimist with this line and have gotten used to hedging my expectations.

I always liked that feature on the original figure. Is there any other vintage figure who had a removable helmet that hasn't been replicated in this line? (He-Man and Icarius got their separate helmeted and unhelmeted heads. I wonder if there's any reason for this other than cost cutting?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I was kind of disappointed when I heard the helmet was going to be non removable, but like pretty much everyone else I would probably have him with it on anyways. Still having the ability to display him differently was appealing.