View Poll Results: What body type should Stinkor use?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Skeletor just like the original toy.

17 27.87%
  • Beastman to more closely resemble the cardback art.

44 72.13%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Classics Stinkor be recolored Beastman figure?

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar

Should Classics Stinkor be recolored Beastman figure?

I have always had a problem with vintage Stinkor using the Skeletor body. The original card art clearly shows Stinkor using the fury Beastman figure with the exception of the shin guards.

I propose that Mattel use the Beastman buck with the resculpted Chief Carnivus calves(the same one's that were reused on Grizzlor) and Skeletor shin guards.

What I don't want to see is yet another reuse of the Skeletor feet when it's obvious from the artwork that Beastman feet are more appropriate. Fear not Mattel, you can still reuse those feet on Ninjor and Kobra Khan.

What do you want to see? Should Stinkor resemble his original toy or the Cardback artwork?
    Last edited by MasterCollector; March 31, 2011 at 04:19am.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    No
    no
    no
    no

I have an improvement for Stinkor... the cardback version from the waist up (using Beast Man torso and arms), and using the Skeletor body (like the classic toy) from the waist down. That combo together would give the best elements of both designs for one great MOTUC Stinkor figure

Definitely the cardback version

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I can't decide, they both sound good. Either way I can't wait for Stinkor!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    the cardback version from the waist up (using Beast Man torso and arms), and using the Skeletor body (like the classic toy) from the waist down.

Yeah, I thought about that too. Ultimately, I thought a Skunk figure would look much better if it was completely hairy AND, I really can't stand the Skeletor feet anymore. Besides, the Beastman feet are well sculpted and should be used more than they have been. Mattel could have saved some tooling dollars by skipping the sock feet and just used Beastman feet on Stratos.

So far Skeletor, Mer-Man, Zodac, Scareglow and Webstor share the same feet. Ninjor and Kobra Khan will also use the same feet. It seems like a good choice to remain true to the cardback art for Stinkor. Furthermore, the white skunk stripes on a smooth body looks more like war paint than a fur pattern.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Here's how I think they should do Stinkor, and neither option in the poll represents it. Use the furry buck with Skeletor/Merman shins and feet (with Grizzlor we already have a furry calf piece that will plug in with boots), and give him Merman hands and forearms. They would have to tool a new forearm piece that was like Skeletor/Merman at the wrist, but has fur at the elbow on the "body" part. Considering the rest of the figure is all re-used parts (Merman head, Mekanek armor, Weapon rack shield), I don't think that's asking to much.

Although an Odepus figure included would be pretty cool.

Either way, I'm not gonna complain about what we get, the straight up Skeletor/Merman body is "classic". But I do think he should definitely have the Merman hands.
    Last edited by DrPAYNE; March 30, 2011 at 10:53pm.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Why not let the 4 Horsemen sculpt stinkor the way they think he should look. They haven't disapointed us yet. For all any of Us knows they may go with a 200x look for stinkor and he could be a total new sculpt. I say Let the Horsemen do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Why not let the 4 Horsemen sculpt stinkor the way they think he should look. They haven't disapointed us yet. For all any of Us knows they may go with a 200x look for stinkor and he could be a total new sculpt. I say Let the Horsemen do their job.
    But we may end up with someone to go with the Clawful and Buzz Off heads.

The 4HM ARE amazing artists, but they have made decisions that I haven't been all that fond of. I probably would not have gotten back into MOTU if they got their 200X He-Man with braids approved. They also wanted Zodak to be very alien-like. I wasn't sure about that decision either.

That being said, Stinkor is one character who could look good either way.

Well, this poll in no way criticizes or impedes the 4H from doing their job, so your response seems somewhat confused. Mattel has already stated that they could possibly revisit characters that looked drastically different from their Vintage/Filmation incarnations somewhere down the road.

MYP Stinkor looks too much like his vintage counterpart for me to believe that Mattel is going to drop tooling dollars to make a totally new Stinkor sculpt or that they'll do a 180 degree on their policy towards 200X. It ain't gonna happen. Make no mistake, with the exception of the armor, Stinkor already exist from a parts standpoint. The 4H need to sculpt the armor but Mattel isn't going to pay them again for something they already have.

I voted for the cardback version using the Beastman buck but I'd love it if Mattel and the 4H agreed to add the 200X respirator and oxygen tanks for those of us who liked the MYP version.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    But we may end up with someone to go with the Clawful and Buzz Off heads.
    Yeah, while you've mentioned clAWFUL and Balloon-Off, let's not forget Duck-Billed Roboto.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; March 31, 2011 at 04:17am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    I think they should use beast man but then use Carnivus legs with Skeletor shins and Carnivus or Beastman feet, but do the feet in black, not red.
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by beyond the legends View Post
    I think they should use beast man but then use Carnivus legs with Skeletor shins and Carnivus or Beastman feet, but do the feet in black, not red.
    Definitely! I forgot to mention that in my first post. I'm not much of a fan of the Skeletor feet and even less so when they paint them to look like boots with painted toe nails/claws. Using the Beastman feet painted red would look even worse.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    YES!
    have the Beastman fury buck, legs & arms.
    this will be more detail accurate.
    I want this.

Card art works for me, although imo, i think it's a given that the way Stinkor came out as a vintage figure is what we'll end up getting.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Card art works for me, although imo, i think it's a given that the way Stinkor came out as a vintage figure is what we'll end up getting.
    That's what I'm afraid of. The we'll hear the "it's too far along in the production to make a change" excuse. That's why I decided to do this poll LONG BEFORE we hear anything about the figure.

The smooth body with stripes never looked right for the vintage skunk man. Skunks are furry, not smooth so the Beastman figure makes sense. It was done incorrectly in the vintage line and I'd prefer they not revisit the same mistake for nostalgia's sake.

Using the Chief Carnivus/Grizzlor calves, Skeletor shin guards, and Beastman feet UNPAINTED would really look good for Stinkor.

Stinkor should be furry! Love the idea of having Skeletor greaves with Beastman 's feet (Feet in black, greaves in red)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I never thought the merman repaint worked for stinkor anymore than Beastmans head works for mossman. I hope they use the beastman or carnivus body types. Would make alot more sense. Mattel seem reluctant to improve the designs though and just want to make larger copies of the 80s toys so will probably end up with a disappointing black merman.
    Would be cool if he has a removable oxygen tank on his back too so people can choose what style they want to display him.

They have disappointed quite a few with the Leech and Clawful heads. I'm buying the figures if they look how I want them to look, not because they look how the 4H want them to look. I'm not knocking the 4H but I don't really care how they want the figures to look as I'm buying for me not them.
    Last edited by Rodster6; April 5, 2011 at 06:25pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i would like to see the following mixture of parts used to make stinkor's body.

merman classic head
    zodac upper torso
    beastman/grizzlor/carnivus arms
    carnivus hands
    hordak loincloth
    beastman/grizzlor/carnivus thighs
    trapjaw shins
    hordak feet

if i have time this weekend i will do a mock up of the parts assembled together, possibly painted up too.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    i would like to see the following mixture of parts used to make stinkor's body.

zodac upper torso
    beastman/grizzlor/carnivus arms
    beastman/grizzlor/carnivus thighs
    You do realize that the Zodac torso is also from the Beastman figure, right?

I've seen arwork depicting what you're referring to with the Trap-Jaw shins and Hordak feet. It looks good to me but too much like 200X in the eye's of Mattel.

As is, the Trap-Jaw shins wouldn't look right because the top part of the boots are sculpted to the calf/knee section and they have a more robotic look. That's why I'd like to see the Carnivus(also used for Grizzlor) calves used with whatever shin guards they give him.

That said, I'd love to see your mock-up posted here on this thread!

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    yeah i guess your right about that.

i totally forgot about carnivus's upper calves being sculpted w/ hair.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    i totally forgot about carnivus's upper calves being sculpted w/ hair.

=)
    As soon as I saw the new calves sculpted for Carnivus I immediately thought about it being used on Stinkor and I hope I'm right. I'm hoping for Carnivus calves, Skeletor shin guards and UNPAINTED Beastman feet.

I'd also like a little 200X influence for this figure in the form of an attachable oxygen mask that plugs into the back of his Meckanek armor. It wouldn't be attached in package to keep the vintage purist happy but at least we'd have an option with a $30 figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Beast Man Body

Skeletor shin guards

2 closed hands (Beast Man & Carnivus)

Besides, there is no problem to do both...
    Last edited by Berserker79; April 5, 2011 at 08:25pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    a second head & gas tank would be boom.
    the tank can be used for other figures.
    a second head i feel is needed. just a mer-man head looks wrong & cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    a second head & gas tank would be boom.
    the tank can be used for other figures.
    a second head i feel is needed. just a mer-man head looks wrong & cheap.
    I'd love the 4H to include the MYP oxygen tanks with Classics Stinkor. I can see your point about the Mer-Man head but at this point, after looking at Clawful, I don't see it happening.

At least those of us who, like me who prefer the MYP version or those like you, who don't like the vintage Mer-Man head would have the option of placing the oxygen mask over his mouth. If you're a MOC collector, it would suck.

My desired Stinkor buck:

Head: Mer-Man
    Torso: Beastman
    Arms: Beastman
    Hands: Hordak
    Legs/Calves: Carnivus
    Shins: Skeletor
    Feet: Hordak
    Loincloth: He-Man

Plus I want a new additional head that is more skunk/feline in appearance. Not just for Stinkor, but so it can also be reused for Felinor.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal