View Poll Results: What body type should Stinkor use?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Skeletor just like the original toy.

17 27.87%
  • Beastman to more closely resemble the cardback art.

44 72.13%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should Classics Stinkor be recolored Beastman figure?

Hopefully if they do only give us a merman head for Stinkor they will at least include the gask mask and tanks to cover the fac so it is not as noticable as Merman.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    My desired Stinkor buck:

Head: Mer-Man
    Torso: Beastman
    Arms: Beastman
    Hands: Hordak
    Legs/Calves: Carnivus
    Shins: Skeletor
    Feet: Hordak
    Loincloth: He-Man

Plus I want a new additional head that is more skunk/feline in appearance. Not just for Stinkor, but so it can also be reused for Felinor.
    totally agree...especially about felinor!

i only doubt that hordak's feet may look too 200xish, and the style is retired, so, in that case maybe they could reuse stratos feet.

mer-man's head is sculpted to fit with the anphibian neck piece, do you think a "furry neck piece" is needed for stinkor?

Heroic Warrior
    Please no Stratos feet again...

Beast Man feet would fit better...

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post

well, i understand what you mean, but:
    beast man feet, ought to be painted black and diverge a lot from the vintage;
    hordak feet, could be painted orange and look like the 200x version;
    stratos feet, could be painted orange and look like the vintage box art.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Hopefully if they do only give us a merman head for Stinkor they will at least include the gask mask and tanks to cover the fac so it is not as noticable as Merman.

Based on Mattel's NOTICEABLE trend, I doubt that they'll include more than 1 head for Stinkor. MYP Buzz-Off was a clear case where a second headsculpt was justifiable, and arguably more than Stinkor, yet we didn't get it.

I would REALLY like to see the 4H include a gas/oxygen mask for a Stinkor accessory. Also, if they do make it, let's hope that Mattel decides to tool it for the original release and not sometime down the road to force us to buy another of the same figure. That's already going on enough with so many body parts being reused.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post

I think most of us would have loved the Beastman feet on Stratos and Mattel could have saved themselves some cash by not tooling it.

I like the Hordak feet idea because it's more like the Staction, but Mattel isn't going to take that route.

Ultimately, the smooth Skeletor body doesn't work well for Stinkor because his white stripes look less like skunk markings and more like white body paint. The Beastman body is not only more accurate to the original artwork, it will also make the white marking more skunk-like.

The only exception to the original artwork for me would be to leave the Beastman feet black. The painted boot feet with toenail polish just doesn't look right on sculpts that are obviously meant to represent bare feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    well, i understand what you mean, but:
    beast man feet, ought to be painted black and diverge a lot from the vintage;
    Agreed! Black bare Beastman feet for the vintage artwork inspired Stinkor.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; April 13, 2011 at 02:20am.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I'll be ok if they do it totally vintage, but I would prefer it to be hairy buck. And it seems most of the community would agree.

Now if only everyone would take this poll to see if that were in case fact.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Hey 4H, keep this poll in mind when you create Classics Stinkor!

I'm very glad that the 4H were on the same page as those of us that wanted the Beastman buck. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by MasterCollector; February 28, 2012 at 10:40pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."