Thread: Strongarm under appreciated?

Strongarm under appreciated?

I really like Strongarm / Strong-Or as a character. It's a real shame he only made one onscreen appearance in She-Demon of Phantos. I'm so thankful that 4H & Matty released a MOTUC figure of him. Personally, IMO I like him better than Jitsu or Trapjaw (at least as FILMATION characters go)...who else he feels the love for this guy?

I wonder how a vintage line figure might have looked had the character got more of the spotlight...?

I would love Strongarm / Strong-Or to be resurrected in a future reboot animated series?

Surely a worthy foe for Fisto or/ Thunderpunch He-man?

So what are YOUR thoughts on this character...??
    Last edited by PowerofGygor; September 18, 2014 at 07:56am.

I liked his look. Its really hard to say what I thought about him as a child seeing as how he was only in one episode. Im sure if he was featured in more episodes he would have become more like trap-jaw...not really a threat. A vintage figure would have been cool as well.

Heroic Warrior
    Hi Guys,

I too am a fan of Strong Arm. I picked up this guy a couple of weeks ago. Gives you some idea of what a vintage version would look like. I really like this one.

20140918_154315_HDR_resized.jpg

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by boss1017 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I too am a fan of Strong Arm. I picked up this guy a couple of weeks ago. Gives you some idea of what a vintage version would look like. I really like this one.

Mike
    Wow! where did you score that? Nice!

There's not really a whole lot to raise awareness and build appreciation, honestly (just an episode). I think the fact that he got a MotUC figure is the clearest sign that he does have appreciation, though. He wouldn't have been considered if he didn't have some sort of a following.

Hopefully his figure has drummed up some new appreciation as well - I know I'm a fan, now. I looked up his appearance in the toon, but really, he's got some great potential beyond that and I hope he's considered for future animated productions (if we ever get there again). I like the factory foreman angle, and the fact that he's one of the few who can stand up to He-Man. For my own stories, I brought him into the NA story for further exploration of his character and teamed him up with Plundor, since they both have an interest in mining, factories, and production.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Hi Guys,

Mike

WOWEE! I love it! Where did you find this Mike?? Is it a custom or bootleg?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crashdiary27 View Post
    I liked his look. Its really hard to say what I thought about him as a child seeing as how he was only in one episode. Im sure if he was featured in more episodes he would have become more like trap-jaw...not really a threat. A vintage figure would have been cool as well.
    Truth be told I didn't even REMEMBER the character from my childhood. I couldn't even remember watching She-Demon of Phantos. Unlike some of the other eps like A Beastly Sideshow which have stuck with me my whole life (but to be fair I had that selected episode on a CIC video release back in the day).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    There's not really a whole lot to raise awareness and build appreciation, honestly (just an episode). I think the fact that he got a MotUC figure is the clearest sign that he does have appreciation, though. He wouldn't have been considered if he didn't have some sort of a following.

Hopefully his figure has drummed up some new appreciation as well - I know I'm a fan, now. I looked up his appearance in the toon, but really, he's got some great potential beyond that and I hope he's considered for future animated productions (if we ever get there again). I like the factory foreman angle, and the fact that he's one of the few who can stand up to He-Man. For my own stories, I brought him into the NA story for further exploration of his character and teamed him up with Plundor, since they both have an interest in mining, factories, and production.
    Very true Alex and yes, definitely liked the idea that he was something of an equal match for He-Man - rather than being another generic baddie for He-Man to wallop and throw around lol I like your idea of teaming him up with Plundor!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PowerofGygor View Post
    WOWEE! I love it! Where did you find this Mike?? Is it a custom or bootleg?

- - - Updated - - -

Truth be told I didn't even REMEMBER the character from my childhood. I couldn't even remember watching She-Demon of Phantos. Unlike some of the other eps like A Beastly Sideshow which have stuck with me my whole life (but to be fair I had that selected episode on a CIC video release back in the day).

- - - Updated - - -

Very true Alex and yes, definitely liked the idea that he was something of an equal match for He-Man - rather than being another generic baddie for He-Man to wallop and throw around lol I like your idea of teaming him up with Plundor!
    I just purchased a Strong-Or MOTUC prototype figure and a filmation animation cel of Strong-Or / Strongarm from She-Demon of Phantos. Will post pics when I receive them.

Heroic Warrior
    The carded figure that I have is a custom. I do not know exactly who, but someone put out a line for The Powers of Grayskull, and did a limited run. I stumbled upon them recently, and really liked the look and feel to them. The cards and bubbles were done in the true MOTU fashion, and cardbacks did not disappoint either. Those in this line are;

Strong Arm (have)
    Demo-Man (have)
    Fang Man
    Battle Armor Prince Hiss
    Dylamug
    Shokoti

Apparently, each figure was made to contain a piece of CALIX. Collect all six figures, get all 6 pieces, build CALIX. Pretty cool idea to tie into the old school MOTU look and feel. I am not sure of the maker, but these were done extremely well. I have had bootlegs in my collection, and these guys were done far better than any bootlegs that I have ever seen.

I hope this helps.

Mike

The carded figure that I have is a custom. I do not know exactly who, but someone put out a line for The Powers of Grayskull, and did a limited run. I stumbled upon them recently, and really liked the look and feel to them. The cards and bubbles were done in the true MOTU fashion, and cardbacks did not disappoint either. Those in this line are;

Strong Arm (have)
    Demo-Man (have)
    Fang Man
    Battle Armor Prince Hiss
    Dylamug
    Shokoti

Apparently, each figure was made to contain a piece of CALIX. Collect all six figures, get all 6 pieces, build CALIX. Pretty cool idea to tie into the old school MOTU look and feel. I am not sure of the maker, but these were done extremely well. I have had bootlegs in my collection, and these guys were done far better than any bootlegs that I have ever seen.

I hope this helps.

Mike
    Then I imagine they are going for quite a chunk of cash then. Battle Armor Prince Hiss!?!?! This I have to see...

edit- found them on ebay. Prices vary from 30 to 70 dollars.
    Last edited by crashdiary27; September 19, 2014 at 12:13pm.

If I didn't have 2 unpaid item strikes this month I'd be bidding on them lol But seriously they are very cool. If I hadn't made the decision to re-collect the vintage line recently I would've started on these ones. Still might cave in and get a Strong Arm and Battle Armor Prince Hiss...

Heroic Warrior
    I think there is only 1 seller offering them at this time. We had a little hiccup with my order, but the guy turned out to be a really nice guy, and was just going through some family issues at the time. I would highly recommend him to anyone on the forums that like the look and feel of these (the same way that I do).

If I had the cash I'd grab em all. I'm thinking of picking one up. Can't decide which one though.

How is he more or less appreciated then the other guest bad guys who only had one cartoon episode to their credit ?

Now Jitsu is under appreciated . They made a toy of him .
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold

Quote Originally Posted by MOLKROM View Post
    How is he more or less appreciated then the other guest bad guys who only had one cartoon episode to their credit ?
    Because with the guest character fan favourites aside he was better than most of the competition...
    I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!