Thread: Re-discovery

Widget

Re-discovery

Hi folks. I have only just come across this forum and I am so glad I did. I was such a fan of all things MOTU whilst growing up back in the 80's but, grew out of it like you do of so many things once you hit your teens and become interested in other things. But after a recent re-discovery I have found that I take as much enjoyment and satisfaction from He-man and co as I did way back when. The cartoons are easily accessible online thankfully, but I am also interested in potentially collecting some of the figures for fun and posterity. I've been checking around for MOTU for sale online and it seems there is quite a few bits and pieces to be had. But of course, they're all second hand for the most part. I was wondering how easy it is to come by new and still in the box examples and how much I should expect to pay. Can anybody advise me on this? Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Gronam; November 6, 2016 at 02:06am.

You know Gronam, I used to be a fan of MOTU in the past, collecting toys and watching cartoons but nowadays I have virtually forgotten both of them.
    Last edited by Neophron; November 3, 2016 at 02:23pm.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Master of New Adventures!
    No doubt because you're so good looking, articulate and smart that you have other things to pleasurably occupy your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    You know Gronam, I used to be a fan of MOTU in the past, collecting toys and watching cartoons but nowadays I have virtually forgotten both of them.

You can find lots of vintage MOTU items on ebay, and the price varies greatly based on rarity, condition, etc. Certain common things you can find for around $60 (US), new on card (but not usually a mint card), while more rare pieces will run you hundreds of dollars. A sealed Eternia playset can commonly be over $5,000. Happy searching!