Thread: Is the Battle for Etheria a lost cause ?

Is the Battle for Etheria a lost cause ?

< i only have a basic knowledge and thats mostly from Filmation so feel free to correct me .>

The Evil Horde is an Empire made up of multiple planets . Each and every Horde world has the potential to direct its war machine to reinforce and supply Etheria. Would the Horde even care if Etheria is free . Perhaps they own hundreds of worlds .

Etheria is almost fully subjugated except for perhaps 10 - 15 percent .

Horde Troopers are as dumb as dirt but their numbers are infinite and you could say they have good enough processors to be self aware . They dont need to eat or sleep and theoretically they cannot be reasoned with .

Horde Prime,s fist is about the size of Hordak or Skeletor . He must be about 50 metres ?
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold

It was until She-Ra came on the screen! She is like 5
    He-Man's rolled up into one! It would only have been a matter of time until she motivated the remaining forces on Etheria to join the rebellion and she would have lead them all to victory!
    Last edited by Angel-T; September 19, 2014 at 06:45pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Is the Battle for Etheria a lost cause ?

I think that it is a lost cause too
    Last edited by WALTOR; September 21, 2014 at 09:44pm.

Heroic Warrior
    No. I don't think it's a lost cause.

In the Filmation PoP cartoon She-Ra:

- freed Angella and the Queendom/Kingdom of Bright Moon
    - freed Castaspella and the Queendom/Kingdom of Mysticor
    - convinced Sea Hawk to stop working for The Evil Horde and to instead help The Great Rebellion
    - convinced General Sunder to stop working for The Evil Horde and to ocassionally help The Great Rebellion
    - convinced Mermista's father (King Mercier), the ruler of the Mer-people/Mer-folk, to assist The Great Rebellion, despite the threat from The Evil Horde
    - rehabilitated Sorrowful the Dragon and encouraged him to overcome his fear of everything and to stand-up for his friends in The Great Rebellion
    - freed a bunch of random villages from time to time and even some larger regions (e.g. Sand Valley)
    - settled the Rock/Comet Warriors on Etheria and received their agreement to aid The Great Rebellion
    - settled Sweet Bee and the Bee-people/The Hive on Etheria and received their agreement to aid The Great Rebellion
    - convinced Flutterina, Peekablue, Perfuma, Spinnerella and Netossa to join or otherwise assist The Great Rebellion
    - helped to ensure that Angella, Frosta and Castaspella retained independent and Horde-free control over their regions and in return received their loyalty to The Great Rebellion

So, She-Ra did pretty well in the battle to free Etheria from the forces of Hordak. I think that She-Ra and The Great Rebellion could eventually convince enough villagers to unite, turn against Hordak and force The Evil Horde from Etheria. Whether or not She-Ra could take-down the entire Horde Empire is less certain, but possible, especially with the assistance of key members of The Great Rebellion, He-Man and some of He-Man's crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    No. I don't think it's a lost cause.

In the Filmation PoP cartoon She-Ra:

- freed Angella and the Queendom/Kingdom of Bright Moon
    - freed Castaspella and the Queendom/Kingdom of Mysticor
    - convinced Sea Hawk to stop working for The Evil Horde and to instead help The Great Rebellion
    - convinced General Sunder to stop working for The Evil Horde and to ocassionally help The Great Rebellion
    - convinced Mermista's father (King Mercier), the ruler of the Mer-people/Mer-folk, to assist The Great Rebellion, despite the threat from The Evil Horde
    - rehabilitated Sorrowful the Dragon and encouraged him to overcome his fear of everything and to stand-up for his friends in The Great Rebellion
    - freed a bunch of random villages from time to time and even some larger regions (e.g. Sand Valley)
    - settled the Rock/Comet Warriors on Etheria and received their agreement to aid The Great Rebellion
    - settled Sweet Bee and the Bee-people/The Hive on Etheria and received their agreement to aid The Great Rebellion
    - convinced Flutterina, Peekablue, Perfuma, Spinnerella and Netossa to join or otherwise assist The Great Rebellion
    - helped to ensure that Angella, Frosta and Castaspella retained independent and Horde-free control over their regions and in return received their loyalty to The Great Rebellion

So, She-Ra did pretty well in the battle to free Etheria from the forces of Hordak. I think that She-Ra and The Great Rebellion could eventually convince enough villagers to unite, turn against Hordak and force The Evil Horde from Etheria. Whether or not She-Ra could take-down the entire Horde Empire is less certain, but possible, especially with the assistance of key members of The Great Rebellion, He-Man and some of He-Man's crew.
    These are all very good points.

I think the better question would be "How many battles and how many troopers does the Horde have to lose before they give up"?
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Well 9 out of 10 times the army with the most numbers win the fight .

She Ra is the most powerful woman in the universe but she is only one person . She needs food and rest and healing . Also understand The Great Rebellion loses Adora everytime She Ra does battle . Adora is one of the rebel "generals" and her absence will be noted and is going to upset all those pitch fork farmers causing chaos in the ranks . They think its two seperate people .

Both Heman and She Ra were tied up battling probably no more than 30 troopers in the Christmas Special and could do nothing for those two alien freaks from planet earth . Skeletor had to step in and save them .

The evil horde have "Magic Chains" strong enough to hold her . Her brother was having a very very bad day in Secret of the Sword . The evil horde just has to get lucky like that once . One well aimed laser or Magic bolt is all they need .
    Last edited by MOLKROM; September 24, 2014 at 08:25pm.
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    I don't believe Adora's/She-Ra's long-term strategy for liberating Etheria is being recognised here.

To me she is gradually building-up the rebellion through new allies (as shown in Haephestus post) until it has sufficient experience and power to expel the Horde from Eternia. While her rebel allies are helping her out from time-to-time when the Horde have gained the upper hand (e.g. Sea Hawk helping to save the day when She-Ra is surprised and KO'd in Anchors Aloft).

At the same time she does not restrict her allies to Etheria. In fact, she fosters allies outside of Etheria when opportunities allow, such as Huntara from Planet Silax and He-Man from Eternia. These allies being necessary to liberate Etheria, prevent the Horde from successfully re-invading Etheria after its liberation and to take the fight to Horde Prime to end the menace of the Horde Empire forever.

The Horde could therefore be the lost cause unless they can find a way to neutralise She-Ra and foil her long-term strategy.
    Last edited by Robin Hood; September 23, 2014 at 06:22pm.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Not forgetting her attempts to change the beast from within it's own belly.... She had a massive impact on Prince Zed, the future ruler of horde world...... Now that was defo an example of the long game!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

There are loads of historical examples where the side with the bigger, more powerful army ultimately lost a war, or decided it wasn't worth the level of losses to continue it.

Too bad the show ended just like that. Would like to know if Etheria was ever liberated in the Filmation universe.

Since it was an 80s cartoon show, the worst Hordak was allowed to do while oppressing the Etherian people on screen was incarceration, hard labor and burning deserted villages.