Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frosta, the assertive lady.

Frosta, the assertive lady.

I always liked Frosta in the series, that she was that one girl who went out on the hunt, the cougar of the series, if you will. And her being cute did not hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtj21ttKxmE

I love how the writers were able to slip in this sorta stuff. And as a kid, I would face palm, going, "He-Man, you dummy, you got a hot babe here wanting you badly, and you're just either standing there and blushing like a idiot and doing nothing, or asking your sister to get you out of there!"

Anyone else wanted to smack some sense into He-Man?

Let's hope her classics figure will be excellent.

i think it was cause he was more reserved and he liked castaspella glimmer and teela more cause of that.
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    i think it was cause he was more reserved and he liked castaspella glimmer and teela more cause of that.
    No, it was Sweet Bee who caught his eye. It's not his fault if he prefered her to Frosta; nobody chooses his/her own feelings!

yes sweet bee did catch his eye but im stating fact bout who i mentioned in certain eps
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    yes sweet bee did catch his eye but im stating fact bout who i mentioned in certain eps
    In my opinion, He-Man was just a big dufus around women on purpose coz anything romantic would've emasculated him in the same way that Samson was with Delilah
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

Oh how cool; somebody found it! I put that together, but it didn't seem to be getting a lot of hits or anything. *shrugs*

I'm afraid I'm assertive like Frosta is; might be why I liked her character so much.

What cracks me up is She Ra teasing He Man about it. Total sister tortures brother stuff.

And I'd seriously like to know what happened afterwards. He Man sort of looked like he gave in. Sounds like a job for the fic writers out there.
    Last edited by Sadara; April 1, 2011 at 11:07pm.
    Simply Silverrose

Quote Originally Posted by Sadara View Post
    Oh how cool; somebody found it! I put that together, but it didn't seem to be getting a lot of hits or anything. *shrugs*

I'm afraid I'm assertive like Frosta is; might be why I liked her character so much.

What cracks me up is She Ra teasing He Man about it. Total sister tortures brother stuff.

And I'd seriously like to know what happened afterwards. He Man sort of looked like he gave in. Sounds like a job for the fic writers out there.
    I always liked the assertive girls myself (most girls seem to want equality, but don't want to actually use it, for some reason).

If He-Man was smart, he would go for it....he's got a fine one perusing him, I say go for it.

He Man and Frosta would have been cute. She's got some fire in her.

What I found interesting was how Sweet Bee seemed to be oblivious to He Man's attraction toward her. I get that she's a lot more concerned with the fate of her people and the mission at hand, but it didn't seem to dawn on her at all.

I noticed Glimmer's attraction to Adam, but never saw any indication of the reverse. Anyone got eps?

And I guess that brings us to this question: What type of girl is Adam/HeMan typically attracted to?

And I'm curious to explore that because there aren't a great number of similarities that I can tell between Teela, Castaspella, and Sweet Bee really. Of course it's early in the morning and I may just not be thinking about it hard enough.
    Simply Silverrose

He Man and Frosta would have been cute. She's got some fire in her.

What I found interesting was how Sweet Bee seemed to be oblivious to He Man's attraction toward her. I get that she's a lot more concerned with the fate of her people and the mission at hand, but it didn't seem to dawn on her at all.

I noticed Glimmer's attraction to Adam, but never saw any indication of the reverse. Anyone got eps?

And I guess that brings us to this question: What type of girl is Adam/HeMan typically attracted to?

And I'm curious to explore that because there aren't a great number of similarities that I can tell between Teela, Castaspella, and Sweet Bee really. Of course it's early in the morning and I may just not be thinking about it hard enough.
    Teela's problem is Louis Lane syndrome, she's most likely for He-Man, and could care less for Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
    Teela's problem is Louis Lane syndrome, she's most likely for He-Man, and could care less for Adam.
    I'm with you there. I guess that's why, while I respect the opinions of others, I don't see the Adam/Teela as a couple thing. Teela doesn't respect Adam because she perceives him as lazy, clumsy, and irresponsible. All things she doesn't respect. She rarely has a nice thing to say about him. Say, she does find out he's He Man and changes her opinion, then Adam gets to wonder if she just likes him for He Man. And she'd be one heck of a demanding girlfriend/wife; and I think Adam would grow weary of that after not too long. JMO, but I think it's a bad, bad combo.

If you want to go canon, he'd be happier with Castaspella I think. She's bold enough to go after what she wants, but in a more subtle way than Frosta did. She appears to also have an impish and playful streak too which Teela lacks. Adam needs someone who will play and relax a little.
    Simply Silverrose

I'm with you there. I guess that's why, while I respect the opinions of others, I don't see the Adam/Teela as a couple thing. Teela doesn't respect Adam because she perceives him as lazy, clumsy, and irresponsible. All things she doesn't respect. She rarely has a nice thing to say about him. Say, she does find out he's He Man and changes her opinion, then Adam gets to wonder if she just likes him for He Man. And she'd be one heck of a demanding girlfriend/wife; and I think Adam would grow weary of that after not too long. JMO, but I think it's a bad, bad combo.
    Though if you remember her answer when He-Man asks her what type of guy she prefered, one like him, or one like Adam? Teela does like Adam (it's pretty obvious in some scenes), but the persona he projects in order to keep his secret is the reason she doesn't go for him. That said, I did like it when Frosta was hitting on He-Man, very amusing to see how he got out of the (risque) situations

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Though if you remember her answer when He-Man asks her what type of guy she prefered, one like him, or one like Adam? Teela does like Adam (it's pretty obvious in some scenes), but the persona he projects in order to keep his secret is the reason she doesn't go for him. That said, I did like it when Frosta was hitting on He-Man, very amusing to see how he got out of the (risque) situations
    I had thought about that too, but revealing his secret is the only way to change that perception of him. Teela may not think much of it, but I think it would weird Adam out if Teela finds out his secret and then all of a sudden is all over him like white on rice. Maybe it's just me, but I think if Teela falling for Adam is dependent on knowing he's also He Man it's probably not a good idea.

The opposite is seen with Adora and SeaHawk. SeaHawk prefers Adora. That's probably the healthier relationship because SH likes plain ol' Adora rather than superheroine She Ra.
    Simply Silverrose

I had thought about that too, but revealing his secret is the only way to change that perception of him. Teela may not think much of it, but I think it would weird Adam out if Teela finds out his secret and then all of a sudden is all over him like white on rice. Maybe it's just me, but I think if Teela falling for Adam is dependent on knowing he's also He Man it's probably not a good idea.
    I also thought of that, though I don't think that her falling for him is dependant on knowing he is He-Man, as in the episode where Adam can't become He-Man (probably the same episode I based my last post on ) and tries to fight for Teela's freedom, in front of her, she takes notice of him more. Teela falling for Adam, to me anyway, I think is dependant on him not acting like a wuss and a fool. Frosta, on the other hand, I thinks just likes handsome muscley men

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    I also thought of that, though I don't think that her falling for him is dependant on knowing he is He-Man, as in the episode where Adam can't become He-Man (probably the same episode I based my last post on ) and tries to fight for Teela's freedom, in front of her, she takes notice of him more. Teela falling for Adam, to me anyway, I think is dependant on him not acting like a wuss and a fool. Frosta, on the other hand, I thinks just likes handsome muscley men
    Frosta cracked me up. She just started trying to smooch He Man. It really surprised me that he rebuffed her actually. I wonder if he just doesn't like being pursued.
    Simply Silverrose

I always liked the assertive girls myself (most girls seem to want equality, but don't want to actually use it, for some reason).

If He-Man was smart, he would go for it....he's got a fine one perusing him, I say go for it.
    We do want equality: we don't want to be treated like mechanical baby-makers like old Christianity used to treat us. And we don't like being forced to marry a man we don't like either: we want to have the possibility to choose. This is what "equality" means to us women. Besides, we hardly care about men wanting women being "pretty"; we want to be pretty as well and we want men to look their best as well. There is no problem with that to us women, despite what it may seem. The point we don't like is when "being pretty" becomes the ONLY RIGHT men give us women, which happens more often than you may think; for example, when actresses are judged rather by their "appearance" than their true talent, which ruins a few movies to my eyes; it's even worse when they play a psychology which a woman cannot possibly have, like seducing every man they meet (it takes someone with a real lack-of-attention problem to try to seduce anyone without any discrimination, not a particularly sensual person).

There are things we are asked to do that are rather impossible to do, like having a tiny waist after having given birth to four children in a row, or being thin with a large chest (chest gets smaller with the rest of the body when losing weight, and waist gets thicker with the chest when gaining weight). I, myself, absolutely cannot look like the extra-thin models in magazines, having medication that has the side-effect of easily gaining weight, and I don't like medias almost "forcing" me to look like a needle, which I cannot do without falling into anorexy (which I suffered from years ago). See what I mean? If men want us women to accept that you guys cannot look like Rambo (notice that I don't exactly like steroid-dependant-looking muscles, they look too much like plastic toys rather than natural men), men must also accept that we women cannot look like fourteen-year-olds all our life. When it's impossible, it's impossible. You have the right to want us to look our best. What nobody has the right to do, is forcing others to be what they cannot be.

Out of all the POP gals, Frosta is the only one I'd go for.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhead Whale View Post
    We do want equality: we don't want to be treated like mechanical baby-makers like old Christianity used to treat us. And we don't like being forced to marry a man we don't like either: we want to have the possibility to choose. This is what "equality" means to us women. Besides, we hardly care about men wanting women being "pretty"; we want to be pretty as well and we want men to look their best as well. There is no problem with that to us women, despite what it may seem. The point we don't like is when "being pretty" becomes the ONLY RIGHT men give us women, which happens more often than you may think; for example, when actresses are judged rather by their "appearance" than their true talent, which ruins a few movies to my eyes; it's even worse when they play a psychology which a woman cannot possibly have, like seducing every man they meet (it takes someone with a real lack-of-attention problem to try to seduce anyone without any discrimination, not a particularly sensual person).

There are things we are asked to do that are rather impossible to do, like having a tiny waist after having given birth to four children in a row, or being thin with a large chest (chest gets smaller with the rest of the body when losing weight, and waist gets thicker with the chest when gaining weight). I, myself, absolutely cannot look like the extra-thin models in magazines, having medication that has the side-effect of easily gaining weight, and I don't like medias almost "forcing" me to look like a needle, which I cannot do without falling into anorexy (which I suffered from years ago). See what I mean? If men want us women to accept that you guys cannot look like Rambo (notice that I don't exactly like steroid-dependant-looking muscles, they look too much like plastic toys rather than natural men), men must also accept that we women cannot look like fourteen-year-olds all our life. When it's impossible, it's impossible. You have the right to want us to look our best. What nobody has the right to do, is forcing others to be what they cannot be.
    I like a lot of what you said; especially about the part about women getting their figures back after childbirth. My mom had five kids and never did. Some women are able to get close and some aren't, but no woman's body is ever the same after that. Now I'm not as thin as I should be and I've never beat myself up for not looking like a supermodel, but I can certainly tell that guys are less interested in me because of that. I agree that a lot of the equality thing is being liked for who we are not what our measurements are.
    Simply Silverrose

What I meant in equality is that one rarely (least up here in the midwest) sees a girl pursuing a guy or girl she likes. I know one girl who really likes the fellow, he does not know it, and she is frustrated, and I asked her, "If you like that fellow, why don't you go over and tell him that you like him, and that you'd like to go out with him? I bet it would give him a nice confidence boost himself " and she said, "No, the guy has to ask the girl out, don't you know?" and I could not convince her otherwise.

That's what I meant by the equality bit. Lots of girls by me simply won't go and do what needs to be done to get the dude they want, because of some weird sense of traditionalism, or they think they are going to be perceived as a **** or something for simply making the first move.

What I meant in equality is that one rarely (least up here in the midwest) sees a girl pursuing a guy or girl she likes. I know one girl who really likes the fellow, he does not know it, and she is frustrated, and I asked her, "If you like that fellow, why don't you go over and tell him that you like him, and that you'd like to go out with him? I bet it would give him a nice confidence boost himself " and she said, "No, the guy has to ask the girl out, don't you know?" and I could not convince her otherwise.

That's what I meant by the equality bit. Lots of girls by me simply won't go and do what needs to be done to get the dude they want, because of some weird sense of traditionalism, or they think they are going to be perceived as a **** or something for simply making the first move.
    I know what you mean(And I wish we had them here)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Well the trouble with girls pursuing guys is that for the most part, guys don't like it or appreciate it, and are generally turned off by it. When I was younger, I used to be assertive and ask guys out, and they all ran like a cheap pair of pantyhose. Consequently, I don't do it anymore because it's been futile. Believe me, it's hard to not go after a guy I'm interested in, but experience has taught me that guys like to drive that train and if you don't let them, they don't want anything to do with it. Frosta and He Man are the perfect example of this dynamic in action. Frosta is going after what she wants, which is He Man, and he's running from her like his pants are on fire. I get that she's a little over the top with it, but the general concept is easily seen. He just loves innocent ol' Sweet Bee well enough though.
    Last edited by Sadara; April 3, 2011 at 05:29pm.
    Simply Silverrose

Well the trouble with girls pursuing guys is that for the most part, guys don't like it or appreciate it, and are generally turned off by it.
    Not this one. I'm the total opposite.

Well the trouble with girls pursuing guys is that for the most part, guys don't like it or appreciate it, and are generally turned off by it. When I was younger, I used to be assertive and ask guys out, and they all ran like a cheap pair of pantyhose. Consequently, I don't do it anymore because it's been futile. Believe me, it's hard to not go after a guy I'm interested in, but experience has taught me that guys like to drive that train and if you don't let them, they don't want anything to do with it. Frosta and He Man are the perfect example of this dynamic in action. Frosta is going after what she wants, which is He Man, and he's running from her like his pants are on fire. I get that she's a little over the top with it, but the general concept is easily seen. He just loves innocent ol' Sweet Bee well enough though.
    Not that it's needed, but it is further proof that I go against the grain. I love it when the woman makes the first move.

I guess that's why, while I respect the opinions of others, I don't see the Adam/Teela as a couple thing. Teela doesn't respect Adam because she perceives him as lazy, clumsy, and irresponsible. All things she doesn't respect. She rarely has a nice thing to say about him. Say, she does find out he's He Man and changes her opinion, then Adam gets to wonder if she just likes him for He Man.
    Teela only perceives Adam as lazy, clumsy and irresponsible because that is the facade he uses to help keep his secret. If she were to discover Adam's secret, she would realize that all of He-Man's qualities that she liked, were actually Adam's qualities all along (other than the power of Grayskull) and that the qualities she didn't like about Adam, were actually just an act and weren't part of his true character. I think they would work quite well as a couple, as long as Teela is aware of who Adam truly is.
    Last edited by dedset13; April 3, 2011 at 09:31pm.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Not this one. I'm the total opposite.
    You'd be the first one I've ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Teela only perceives Adam as lazy, clumsy and irresponsible because that is the facade he uses to help keep his secret. If she were to discover Adam's secret, she would realize that all of He-Man's qualities that she liked, were actually Adam's qualities all along (other than the power of Grayskull) and that the qualities she didn't like about Adam, were actually just an act and weren't part of his true character. I think they would work quite well as a couple, as long as Teela is aware of who Adam truly is.
    Okay, I'll buy most of that; but I'd still wonder if the He Man part would have absolutely nothing to do with it. I guess I just see it as somehow bothering Adam or at least be something he'd always wonder about.
    Last edited by Sadara; April 4, 2011 at 08:39pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Simply Silverrose

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    If she were to discover Adam's secret, she would realize that all of He-Man's qualities that she liked, were actually Adam's qualities all along (other than the power of Grayskull) and that the qualities she didn't like about Adam, were actually just an act and weren't part of his true character. I think they would work quite well as a couple, as long as Teela is aware of who Adam truly is.
    The problem is there's no way that someone like Adam wouldn't become a psychotic mess in that situation. He'd never ever know if Teela really was accepting him as the whole or if she really was just in it for He-man. It would be like an actor having a girlfriend who's in love with a role the actor is playing on a stage; she's not in love with him, she's in love with the part. Much like how Superman wouldn't accept Lois Lane unless she loved him as Clark Kent first.

I can't see 200X Teela ever coming to terms with Adam like that and it's a bit of a longshot with the original version.