Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frosta, the assertive lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    The problem is there's no way that someone like Adam wouldn't become a psychotic mess in that situation. He'd never ever know if Teela really was accepting him as the whole or if she really was just in it for He-man. It would be like an actor having a girlfriend who's in love with a role the actor is playing on a stage; she's not in love with him, she's in love with the part. Much like how Superman wouldn't accept Lois Lane unless she loved him as Clark Kent first.

I can't see 200X Teela ever coming to terms with Adam like that and it's a bit of a longshot with the original version.
    Thank you! You said it much better than I could have. And that has much to do with why I think out of all the canon girls Adam would have had the healthiest relationship with Castaspella. She was obviously taken with Adam the way he is.
    Simply Silverrose

You'd be the first one I've ever met.
    There's more of us than you think there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
    What I meant in equality is that one rarely (least up here in the midwest) sees a girl pursuing a guy or girl she likes. I know one girl who really likes the fellow, he does not know it, and she is frustrated, and I asked her, "If you like that fellow, why don't you go over and tell him that you like him, and that you'd like to go out with him? I bet it would give him a nice confidence boost himself " and she said, "No, the guy has to ask the girl out, don't you know?" and I could not convince her otherwise.

That's what I meant by the equality bit. Lots of girls by me simply won't go and do what needs to be done to get the dude they want, because of some weird sense of traditionalism, or they think they are going to be perceived as a **** or something for simply making the first move.
    I see what you mean. And it's very likely, because I suffered from that myself: I was secretly in love with the same boy during six years, and I never had the courage to tell him. And he had no girlfriend, so I had the ethical possibility to.
    But the reason why I didn't do it is because there was another guy who kept persecuting girls year after year; plus, he was subtile enough to persecute only one girl at once so it would look like he had only one or two victims (I learned the true number of his victims ten years after). In 1990's, I thought my only weapon against him was to keep silence on my true feelings, whatever they might be. So, because of him, a boy never knew he had one strong admirer...

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhead Whale View Post
    I see what you mean. And it's very likely, because I suffered from that myself: I was secretly in love with the same boy during six years, and I never had the courage to tell him. And he had no girlfriend, so I had the ethical possibility to.
    But the reason why I didn't do it is because there was another guy who kept persecuting girls year after year; plus, he was subtile enough to persecute only one girl at once so it would look like he had only one or two victims (I learned the true number of his victims ten years after). In 1990's, I thought my only weapon against him was to keep silence on my true feelings, whatever they might be. So, because of him, a boy never knew he had one strong admirer...
    Big mistake.

Hell, one that I dated for a bit, who could pass for Bif Naked's younger sister (if she had one, that is) was who started the conversation with me to start dating. Was all good....and considering she was even more flirtatious that me, things went really well. On our second date, she brought one of her girl friends with her (she was bisexual, the girl I was dating) and said, "I brought ______ with me, I figured you would not mind." No, I did not mind at all. She'd call me up, asking if I was free for whatever evening and go out with her.

The point is, you see someone, male or female, you like, GO FOR IT.....let him or her know, don't wait for it to happen.....it's like if someone walked up to you and said, "You know, you outta be rich and famous, and I'm gonna make you that way!" not going to happen, folks.

Toss aside those old fashioned mentalities and go for it.....in Japan, it's not uncommon at all for a girl to ask someone, be it male or female, out on a date. It's not evil for a girl to make the first move, because if you don't, someone else will, and you'll have nothing.

Big mistake.

Hell, one that I dated for a bit, who could pass for Bif Naked's younger sister (if she had one, that is) was who started the conversation with me to start dating. Was all good....and considering she was even more flirtatious that me, things went really well. On our second date, she brought one of her girl friends with her (she was bisexual, the girl I was dating) and said, "I brought ______ with me, I figured you would not mind." No, I did not mind at all. She'd call me up, asking if I was free for whatever evening and go out with her.

The point is, you see someone, male or female, you like, GO FOR IT.....let him or her know, don't wait for it to happen.....it's like if someone walked up to you and said, "You know, you outta be rich and famous, and I'm gonna make you that way!" not going to happen, folks.

Toss aside those old fashioned mentalities and go for it.....in Japan, it's not uncommon at all for a girl to ask someone, be it male or female, out on a date. It's not evil for a girl to make the first move, because if you don't, someone else will, and you'll have nothing.
    You know, I would really enjoy a relationship with a guy with an assertive personality, but enjoyed my assertiveness as well. I've rarely experienced that. I've often ended up with weak guys that let me run them over with the proverbial mac truck. A razor sharp wit wouldn't be bad either.
    Simply Silverrose

Quote Originally Posted by Sadara View Post
    You know, I would really enjoy a relationship with a guy with an assertive personality, but enjoyed my assertiveness as well. I've rarely experienced that. I've often ended up with weak guys that let me run them over with the proverbial mac truck. A razor sharp wit wouldn't be bad either.
    Wow, that's pretty much what I'm after. I'm such a dominant personality that people tend to just follow my lead after a while and I get frustrated because I seem to be making all the decisions and everyone else just goes with it.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Wow, that's pretty much what I'm after. I'm such a dominant personality that people tend to just follow my lead after a while and I get frustrated because I seem to be making all the decisions and everyone else just goes with it.
    How interesting. I haven't met many guys like you that enjoy assertive girls; at least not available guys. I'm pretty decisive, but I can compromise. In fact, I prefer that because it means I'm functioning as part of a team rather than one or the other making all the decisions. I also work with a few guys that I can have awesome verbal sparring matches with, but alas, they're both taken. If you've ever watched Frasier, we sort of needle each other like that and I enjoy that sort of lighthearted verbal warfare. Need someone like that who isn't taken.
    Simply Silverrose

How interesting. I haven't met many guys like you that enjoy assertive girls; at least not available guys. I'm pretty decisive, but I can compromise. In fact, I prefer that because it means I'm functioning as part of a team rather than one or the other making all the decisions. I also work with a few guys that I can have awesome verbal sparring matches with, but alas, they're both taken. If you've ever watched Frasier, we sort of needle each other like that and I enjoy that sort of lighthearted verbal warfare. Need someone like that who isn't taken.
    Yes, yes, and yes! (To the bolded part there)

I also love the back and forth that I have with some of my friends, though it doesn't happen that often.

Yes, yes, and yes! (To the bolded part there)

I also love the back and forth that I have with some of my friends, though it doesn't happen that often.
    You know what I've always wanted to do? Throw a Super Bowl party. Even better if I'm with a guy who not only can handle that, but even wants to help plan the thing.
    Simply Silverrose

You know what I've always wanted to do? Throw a Super Bowl party. Even better if I'm with a guy who not only can handle that, but even wants to help plan the thing.
    I host a get together about once a month with all my friends who are still in state. It started out as a way for us to keep in real contact with each other despite our very different schedules and was originally also an electronic free night as well, we played board games and the like; though we did later relax it with some occasional Wii playing and movies/DVDs. It was also originally twice or even three times a month event, but we scaled it back as our schedules changed, but occasionally go for a few extras, but we always make it a point to have at least one a month.

In fact I'm hosting one later today.

That said, I think we're pretty far off topic.

The problem is there's no way that someone like Adam wouldn't become a psychotic mess in that situation. He'd never ever know if Teela really was accepting him as the whole or if she really was just in it for He-man. It would be like an actor having a girlfriend who's in love with a role the actor is playing on a stage; she's not in love with him, she's in love with the part. Much like how Superman wouldn't accept Lois Lane unless she loved him as Clark Kent first.

I can't see 200X Teela ever coming to terms with Adam like that and it's a bit of a longshot with the original version.
    This comparison, as well as the Clark Kent reference don't fit. Adam isn't playing a role as He-Man, that is his true character. That example would only fit if Teela was in love with Adam's "false persona", which she obviously isn't. She likes and respects He-Man, which again, is Adam's true character.

Why would Adam be a psycotic mess? He would realize that Teela doesn't like Adam's false qualities, but Adam would know that he's not really that kind of person. Adam would be fully aware that Teela respects the qualities of the person he truly is, even if she isn't aware of his secret yet.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Big mistake.

So, it means it's a very bad thing that guy did, persecuting girls so they would get shyer and shyer about their feelings. In schools, kids who persecute others should be heavily punished. I know now I made a mistake not to tell the boy, but you don't ask a 14-year-old to think like a 30-year-old. I don't know how you would have reacted in the same situation as a kid. We never know how we would react in a situation, until the situation happens.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    This comparison, as well as the Clark Kent reference don't fit. Adam isn't playing a role as He-Man, that is his true character. That example would only fit if Teela was in love with Adam's "false persona", which she obviously isn't. She likes and respects He-Man, which again, is Adam's true character.

Why would Adam be a psycotic mess? He would realize that Teela doesn't like Adam's false qualities, but Adam would know that he's not really that kind of person. Adam would be fully aware that Teela respects the qualities of the person he truly is, even if she isn't aware of his secret yet.
    The mind is a tricky thing. In order for Teela to realize Adam's true nature, he would have to reveal he is He Man. Yes, she already likes He Man. That's the problem. It doesn't matter that Teela already likes the qualities Adam and He Man share. The problem comes from the fact that she already likes He Man. Adam will always wonder if she's in it for He Man and not Adam. Wouldn't it be kind of spooky to reveal a secret like that and then all of a sudden the chick that likes your alter ego magically likes you?

There are also a number of other factors involved that affect attraction. While Adam and He Man don't look too much different, subtle things like skin color, voice, hair color, body language, etc. may also play a part in why Teela prefers He Man over Adam. Even knowing his secret, there is the possibility that Teela may still like He Man more. It sucks, but looks may also play a part in her attraction to He Man.

I could see it working out better if Adam were able to act as he truly is without coughing up the He Man secret at the same time. Then Teela would either be able to love Adam for Adam in that way or she wouldn't and would go on trying to snag He Man.
    Simply Silverrose

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhead Whale View Post
    So, it means it's a very bad thing that guy did, persecuting girls so they would get shyer and shyer about their feelings. In schools, kids who persecute others should be heavily punished. I know now I made a mistake not to tell the boy, but you don't ask a 14-year-old to think like a 30-year-old. I don't know how you would have reacted in the same situation as a kid. We never know how we would react in a situation, until the situation happens.

Heavily punished? You might as well bring back nuns in school with yard sticks and make everyone wear chastity belts and make one single sex school......no thank you. This is not make believe land.

And a girl DID come after me when I was 14, and it was a BIG confidence booster, I'll tell you what.

And if it's ok in Japan, it's ok here.

Heavily punished? You might as well bring back nuns in school with yard sticks and make everyone wear chastity belts and make one single sex school......no thank you. This is not make believe land.

And a girl DID come after me when I was 14, and it was a BIG confidence booster, I'll tell you what.

And if it's ok in Japan, it's ok here.
    Tell that to the rest of your gender. They don't seem to know this.
    Simply Silverrose

frosta and glimmer... nuff said. ill be skipping catra to save my money for those two figures