Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Lieutenant Flipshot Thread - Icarius

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Official Lieutenant Flipshot Thread - Icarius

"I was born ready!"

That was Lieutenant Flipshot's boastful, cocky catchphrase throughout the NA cartoon. Along with Captain Hydron, Flipshot is the co-pilot and first mate of the Starship Eternia and is the comedic foil to the usually more stoic Captain Hydron.

While his partner is more water-centric, Flipshot is an aerial character with his jetpack. His action feature is also aerial--he flips into enemies. Even his international name, Icarus is an aerial reference.

Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 25, 2011 at 03:10pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

I am not much of a fan of NA but my guess is Flipshot will be the Galactic Protector we get this year.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    He'd be a welcome addition to my MOTUC cabinet, as Optikk needs a Protector to feud with.

VERSION A, VERSION A!!! He is a terrific character with a cool design. He is the GP I want most!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Jack Olester needs to come to these shindigs. Maybe he can drop some background information or character insights or influences. I'll let him know about my unofficial "NA Week" in chat.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Now this guy was a favorite! Had this one when I was a kid, and it's a great figure. Granted, his main firing weapons is just...giant missiles, but the overall figure looks awesome. I'd love it if they designed a new weapon to go along with his missiles.

As for the second version...I remember seeing it when I was young, but didn't know that was Flipshot! I probably wouldn't have used him as Flipshot either. Cool design, though! Just...strange colors. Would look so much better in his original blue!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Hate the second look, but love the second jetpack.
    Looking at Flipshot, he'd require a lot of new parts
    Old parts:
    Hssss Biceps
    Normal Torso and Shoulders
    Normal Human hands
    Normal thighs
    Bow Feet

New Parts:
    Head(s)
    Armor
    Arms
    Boots
    Crotch
    Jetpack
    Rocket Launcher
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I'd love a Flipshot, one of my favorite characters. Nice amount of humour to him. Can't wait to see him in MOTUC.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Icarius was one of my favourites when I was a kid.
    He still is.

I never understood though, why so many people attached the Jetpack upside down (like on the very first picture of this thread).

It should be attached like this:
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Flipshot is one of the NA characters I hope to see in MOTUC sooner rather than later.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    I never understood though, why so many people attached the Jetpack upside down (like on the very first picture of this thread).

It should be attached like this:
    http://www.dukenostalgia.com/Kscope/...otcardback.JPG
    I thought it was upside down! I don't have the original figure anymore, so I couldn't check myself.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Now we're talking! Flipshot!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

I always wonder why so many people put it on upside down too. I hope they can use both the names Flipshot and Icarius so Icarius can be his real name and Flipshot his superhero name.
    I would love a Shuttlepod and Astrosub too actually more than most MOTU vehicles but I doubt that will ever happen. Shame as we have MOTU and soon POP vehicle/beasts so why not something from NA. Though I suppose Sagitar will fill that role.

I want Flipshot to be the next NA character! I like him better than Hydron.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Much like Hydron, I think Flipshot should come with tons of accessories. Flightpacks, multiple lasers and guns. I think this guy should be packed with so much stuff we won't know where to put it all!

Flipshot (blue outfit) is my most wanted NA character...and two heads are a must!

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    Much like Hydron, I think Flipshot should come with tons of accessories. Flightpacks, multiple lasers and guns. I think this guy should be packed with so much stuff we won't know where to put it all!
    I don't think he would come with much. An unhelmeted head, missiles and a jetpack.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    flipshot would look so bad a** in motuc. i really hope hes the n/a figure we get for 2011. n/a does belong in motuc. and they will rule.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I cant wait to see Flip-Shot too - with the removable "clip-on" armor likely - Keldor boots - he will look awesome in vintage style.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    amazing! i'm so excited about flipshot.
    reminds me of so many 80s cartoon & toy heroes.

Flipshot is my most-anticipated NA hero. Well, he and Mara...I wonder what 'legal limbo' looks like... A cloudy halfway-house decked out like a courtroom?

But anyway...Flipshot was definitely helped by his characterisation in the cartoon. He's that lovable, cocky meathead who's very sure of himself and whilst he boasts and brags, he doesn't come across as dislikable...

I hope the MOTUC bio captures some of this because Flipshot was given some of the best characteristics in the entire mythos, IMO.
    Last edited by Scorpia; April 9, 2011 at 05:51am.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I think this is the beauty of the Classics line; we get updates of figures from all the series and i for one am looking forward to when i can look at my Classics display and eventually have a section devoted to NA figures alongside other brands.

I still believe that Hydron will be the first Galactic Guardian but time will tell...

This guy is gunna look so sweet in MOTUC. I don't care for the Missile Armor virant at all though.
    As with most of the Galactic Guardians he needs either a removable helmet or two heads. Great opportunity to use Icarius as his real name as well
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Flipshot's new figure is bad ass!

Whoooooo Flipshot!!

Pure awesome
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback