Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Official Lieutenant Flipshot Thread - Icarius

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Icarius is flippin' awesome!
    He is definably one of the best figures with amazing details right up there with Bow.
    Removable Jetpack with adjustable wings, wing missiles which can be taken out, removable arm rocket launcher with separate rockets.
    Transparent adjustable visor, alternative helmetless head.
    A brand new updated crotch piece which allows him to sit (unlike Bow & King Hiss).
    This guy is seriously full of win!
    I can't wait to get him in hand

I love the Sci-Fi look and think it'll go great with all the rest of the tech stuff from MOTU.
    Anyone who doesn't think NA fits in could take a better look at all the technology that MOTU has.
    Pretty much all the vehicles of MOTU are very technological advanced.
    And all those laserguns, heck even He-Man himself wears a "techno vest"

I'm sooo glad to finally see more NA.
    There are 17 months between Optikk and Flipshot/Icarius
    so this 2nd NA character is way overdue.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

One interesting fact of why Ive loved Flispshot (Icarus) more (fixed pic)

He reminds me of THIS guy (PHOTO ATTACHED)...

A custom paint job and thats it! Captain Power figure in MOTUC style!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by vazqjose; October 4, 2011 at 09:04pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by vazqjose View Post
    He reminds me of THIS guy...http://www.action-figures.ca/action_...mastersson.jpg

A custom paint job and thats it! Captain Power figure in MOTUC style!
    Which guy?

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post

I love the Sci-Fi look and think it'll go great with all the rest of the tech stuff from MOTU.
    Anyone who doesn't think NA fits in could take a better look at all the technology that MOTU has.
    Pretty much all the vehicles of MOTU are very technological advanced.
    And all those laserguns, heck even He-Man himself wears a "techno vest"
    Icarius won't look out of place when displayed next to guys like Roboto or Sy-Klone...

I never understood people who said they hated the sci-fi éléments of NA, although they were many of those same éléments in MOTU already...

Design wise, guys like Multi-Bot, Dragstor or Blast-Attack could easily be in NA, while guys like Lizorr, Karatti, Staghorn or Tuskador could be in MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu-Berlu Reg View Post
    Icarius won't look out of place when displayed next to guys like Roboto or Sy-Klone...

I never understood people who said they hated the sci-fi éléments of NA, although they were many of those same éléments in MOTU already...

Design wise, guys like Multi-Bot, Dragstor or Blast-Attack could easily be in NA, while guys like Lizorr, Karatti, Staghorn or Tuskador could be in MOTU.
    U nailed that right on the head.

Heroic Warrior

Question about Icarius Design

It looks to me like Icarius got a new sculpt for his feet, as his boots appear to have squared-off toes. The square is blue, and I've noticed the same on other figures from reviews and so forth. Does anyone know if the blue is there on purpose, or if it was just a poor paint app? It almost looks to me as if the paint was put there purposefully.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    These boots originally were on the Sy-Klone prototype and then they changed them. I believe the toes on Icarius are purposely meant to be blue.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

They're on Bow as well.