View Poll Results: What do you think about a 200X MYP return?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would totally love it, I would buy the figures and see the show

35 52.24%
  • I think it is a good idea, but depends of the quality of the figures and show

8 11.94%
  • I'am not too keen on the idea

3 4.48%
  • 200X is long dead and better buried

10 14.93%
  • My pocket can only afford one MOTU toyline but I will see the show

11 16.42%

Thread: What do you think about a 200X MYP return?

What do you think about a 200X MYP return?

With the appearance of the new Thundercats cartoon (and inspired by the post of heavy-eternium), I ask your opinion about a re-launch of the 200X concept, a line of toys directed to kids and not only collectors and a new series or continuation of the 200X Mike Young series.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i'd be very excited if myp continued.

Well, it seems that the collector's opinion is quite favourable to a relaunch, and that everybody has big pockets . Keep voting!

Yes.

And it could be started with an epic crossover of old MOTU and 200x MOTU.
    Seriously, just imagine it. Old Skeletor goes to a parallel (200x) universe to conquer its version of Grayskull (with the help of 200x Skeletor) to use its power to conquer old MOTU universe Grayskull.

MYP and 200x should return.. However, they don't really need to be toys, Stactions will do just fine.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

The return of the 200X animation would be nice but i don't think we need any more figures.

Evil customizing warrior Darththomas81's Avatar
    Yes please, more episodes and more figures, but please, this time one or two heman and skeletors will do just fine.
    DT81's Tinkering thread - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...nkering-thread

Check out all my customs over at figure realm
    http://www.figurerealm.com/viewuserp...id=4835&page=2

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    It'd be nice but not likely to happen. Considering today's perception from the entertainment industry that the target audience is too stupid to follow new installments of a franchise that hasn't produced an installment for 3 to 10 years, chances are Mattel would just launch a "re-boot" of the property, starting back at the beginning again instead of continuing on from where the EXCELLENT left off.

It would be TOTALLY plausible for Mattel and MYP productions to continue from where the Snake Men saga ended in 2004. But, it won't happen just because we live in the world of remakes and seem to be stuck in it for a very long time.

If MOTU comes back in cartoon form, expect He-Man to begin again and everything to be reset.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Hordak Alpha, sadly, you're quite right. The best we could get is a short introduction and some episodes against Skeletor, and then directly onto Hordak instead of fighting the Snakemen.

Widget
    Yes I also agree with Hordak Alpha and Faceless One, but it would be fantastic if they did just continue from where they left of and finally introduce the She-Ra character as well, like writers always intended to do. (well that's what I read anyway)

I had written a comment before saying that I email MYP quite a few times but the emails always kept bouncing back.

Is there anything we can do to petition MYP to continue the series where they left of at all?

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I totally love the idea and would definably watch the show!

I would not buy the toys because MOTUC is the definitive version for me. I will always prefer the vintage/classic look because that's where I grew up with and that's what I want to look at when I look at my toy collection. It's the same for ThunderCats, I will only be buying the classic figures. I am already collecting far too many different lines as is. If I would buy all the different looks from all the lines, I wouldn't have any space to display it all, or any place left to sleep
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

i don't think mattel re-launch the toyline 200x if a repeat of MYP series works well , i think mattel will take advantage of this and will launch motuc at retail.

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    I'd love it, I would also love to see the rest of the 200x series we didn't get to see.

Yes yes yes! I'm so on board with that!
    WARNING: FANGIRL AHEAD

Yes I love it to in any form, cartoon, comic, mini-statues, but unfortunately I don't see it happening.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    I'd be excited if MYP continued. I think they need to to finish the cartoon. Hordak comes back, and then the series ends? Very disappointing. Just getting to the good part, darnit!!
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

I would love to see 200X/MYP continue though I don't have any high hopes of it happening. I would be happy if Mattel just released a few recolors/kit bashes based on the existing 200X molds (assuming that the molds still exist) to commemorate the 10th anniversary. I'd love to see a classic toy colors version of He-Man (with Snake Armor He-Man head if it is compatible), Beast Man, Mer-Man, Evil-Lyn, and most of all a Leo Faker using the standard He-Man buck with Mega Punch He-Man head, Skeletor's chest harness and staff, and Battle Sound He-Man's loin cloth.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    A new show: yes, please. Would love it, especially when it would continue the storyline. Probably won't happen, like Hordak Alpha says. Too bad, though (). No real need for new toys for me.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Sorry. Voted "none too keen".

I loved it. It was great. But it is over now.

I would much rather a MOTUC cartoon, with the new-(ish) all encompassing continuity.

Just something new. You can never go back again.

Someday I would be happy if they finished the 200x style figures they wanted to make. I dont know if I would get them, but at least my favourite characters I never got. THis includes toys of the stactions, like they should have been.

But no. Exactly like the thundercats, I think we are prime for a cartoon much like that. THundercats seems to me already to be a better far reaching epic cool cartoon that 200x Masters. NOt speaking of style, more writing and quality of art.

I want to see something like this for He-Man, using the MOTUC.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Well, you kinda have a point there Baronterror. To me, the most important thing would be to have a cartoon in which the continuity... ehm, continues. I love the fact that the stories and characters get more depth. Whether or not this should be within 200X or using MotUC... good question!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

A fan, not a nostalgic
    I would absolutely love it and record every episode of the cartoon, like I did with those that were actually broadcast. I would also buy some figures, if they came with interesting action features.
    In fact, I would prefer it to MOTUC, because to me, the 200X series is to MOTUC what reading The Lord Of The Rings is to buying poseable statues of Frodo, Gandalf etc.

I would love it as well as my kids they all think the figures are neat as well as the 200X cartoon though I only own Season 1, they would watch it over and over with me (Ages 13 girl, 10 boy, 7 girl, 3 girl). I also would like them to start bringing the toys out slowly and no variants right off the bat! But if they did all this as most stated a reboot would most likely have to be done, they could try to shorten it up to catch all up to where we all like to be and then throw parts back in the mix as flash backs and refreshers for those that do not know of the story! Like I have been saying The line needs more support, whether just reaching out through all media avenues or reluanching the filmation and commercialized toy products, it's all the same a larger fan base and a stronger consumer base is needed for some thing to be worth while for more investment and more output of the line!
    In our hearts it will never fade but to the world around us it could be swept into the shade!

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Exactly like the thundercats, I think we are prime for a cartoon much like that. Thundercats seems to me already to be a better far reaching epic cool cartoon that 200x Masters. NOt speaking of style, more writing and quality of art.
    Inclined to agree, personally. A new He-Man show would be a wonderful thing, but if you want to market to kids it's better to re-familiarize them with the characters than make a sorry attempt to continue a show from ten years ago. A large amount of the target audience won't even be able to remember the MYP show.

At the same time, Mattel seems to have given up on marketing He-Man and the Masters of the Universe to kids. That's definitely a mistake. Kids will be drawn in by the epic setting, colorful cast and cool toys. It's just that those things haven't been marketed to kids in a long time, and last time they were, in about 2003, the show and toyline both got kind of screwed by the executives. Both were reasonable quality at their core though, and I'd love to see He-Man make a come back to the collective unconscious of kids across the country or even the world.

Heroic Warrior
    Long dead and best forgotten...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

As long as they picked up where they left off...ya can't just leave me hangin like that!!! Never going to happen though.