Thread: Sideway pics posting from iphone

Sideway pics posting from iphone

Why are my pictures I post here when I upload from my phone sideways? Is there a way around it?
    Last edited by stprime; March 1, 2015 at 10:45pm.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Doesn't your phone orient itself? The lock icon in this picture should be NOT highlighted.

My Photos
    Life In Plastic: [url=http://tinyurl.com/muashzp]MOTHER HARLOT[/url | TOYFAIR 2015 | DARYL DIXON | DOOM GOTTER | THE ZODIAC (II)

He-Man Posts: BATTLE ARMOR KING HSSSS | SNAKE ARMOR HE-MAN | NINJOR | LIZARD MAN

I'm not sure how that would keep my pictures showing up sideways like this

FEEDBACK

Oh, that's what you meant! Have you tried rotating them in an image editing program, or even your photo hosting site if it allows for editing?
    My Photos
    Life In Plastic: [url=http://tinyurl.com/muashzp]MOTHER HARLOT[/url | TOYFAIR 2015 | DARYL DIXON | DOOM GOTTER | THE ZODIAC (II)

He-Man Posts: BATTLE ARMOR KING HSSSS | SNAKE ARMOR HE-MAN | NINJOR | LIZARD MAN

It's only when I use my phone and post as an attachment. I'm just trying to find out if it's the same for everyone or if I'm doing something wrong.
    FEEDBACK

My phone does the same thing sometimes. I don't know what I do different when it doesn't but its not just you.

This has happened to me before when I took videos and tried to post to other websites or tried emailing them. I was turning my phone sideways to take a horizontal video. Turns out it makes a difference which way the phone is turned. If you have an iPhone, the volume buttons should be on the bottom when taking videos. Maybe this matters for pictures too? It's counterintuitive because I used to use those buttons like.a camera button and have them on the upper right.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Gravity is all screwy on Eternia. It's nobody's fault.

The issue is that the meta data stored with the image is not passed on, or is ignored by whatever image manipulation software is used by the board. I've built some advanced image manipulating web apps in the past, and it's more common for Mac and iPhones to store meta data relating to crops and rotation rather than actually resaving the image like other platforms do. That's the technical answer. Basically: your screwed. It's just going to do what it's going to do. That said I use an app called Aviary on the iPhone to do destructive image editing on the iPhone just for theses types of reasons.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

First upload them to Facebook, or photo bucket, then just link to them. (Use the edit feature on your iphone if they are sideways before you upload them.)