Thread: Our pets...

Master of New Adventures!

Our pets...

What kind of pets do you own? What breed are they? What do you love about them? What do they do that just really ticks you off?

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I have a Golden Retriever dog. She is the sweetest creature I have ever known. She loves people. But mischievous in that she eats any and everything she can. Cleaning up after pets is no fun, lol. I love dogs, but I don't like taking care of them.

I have a cat named Isaac Hayes, and my girlfriend has a dachshund mix named Harley. They are the best! Issac likes to rub his head against my head while I scratch his neck and Harley likes to snuggle in the bed and sleep in on Saturday mornings.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdude

Love it! and love Isaac Hayes. I can see your cat slinking to the sounds of the Shaft theme song. "They say that man nickdoods is a baaaaad muth--"... Well, you know the rest.

Funny how pets can unite all of us in love, regardless of who we are, what we are, what we believe in and what we don't believe in. Pets, imo, are magical that way, and we who are blessed with having them in our lives should never forget how much we owe them.

I've got a hunch this is going to be a fun thread, and heaven knows we could all use a bit of fun nowadays.

Btw, to everyone: pics please!

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    I have a cat named Isaac Hayes, and my girlfriend has a dachshund mix named Harley. They are the best! Issac likes to rub his head against my head while I scratch his neck and Harley likes to snuggle in the bed and sleep in on Saturday mornings.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...54332b3642.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    What kind of pets do you own? What breed are they? What do you love about them? What do they do that just really ticks you off?
    You have any pets to brag on?
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdude

Yes, I do. I'll post pics when I have time.

Our Yorkie is named Coco and our Turtle is Flash.

Both bring me great happiness, although Coco can drive me to the bring of insanity at times as she goes nuts any time a human being or animal passes near our home. I cut her some slack on this as I put it down to her feeling she has such a great deal that she guards against and wants to drive off anyone that might try to intrude and oust her.

She's awfully cute and loves to curl up on our laps in winter with the fireplace roaring. One of her best qualities is that she'll stick like glue to anyone in our family who is sick. Doesn't matter if it's just a cold; Coco is there.

Dogs, imo, are a blessing. In his epic book, DOG WATCHING, in which he does for dogs what he did for humans in THE HUMAN ZOO, Desmond Morris says -- and I paraphrase -- "Dogs are kind, honest, loyal, protective, heroic and love unconditionally. They do things on a daily basis that if humans did them they would name streets and high schools after them." True.

As for Flash, turtles are a joy one needs to experience in order to fully understand and appreciate. All my life I have lived in a high pressure industry. I love it dearly, but it's not easy. To watch Flash slowly, gracefully and elegantly gliding back and forth, back and forth in his enormous tank brings me peace. When I approach his tank and he swims to the front and watches me, it brings me a smile.

I'm grateful to both of my dear friends.

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    You have any pets to brag on?

Vengeance Demon The Riding Ghost's Avatar
    We have a two year old Shepherd/Husky/Lab mix named Rider.
    Very loyal and protective of my family, almost to a fault.
    Love him to death, but he can be such a pain..
    20161111_151143.jpg

This is my cat, Wilf. He doesn't normally look this savage, but this was the only picture I could find of him today...

Wilf.jpg

He's 19 and a half years old. We inherited him from our next door neighbours 6 years ago when they moved out and didn't take him. I still can't understand how they could have done that; he's such a friendly loving soul.