Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: HBO's A Song of Ice and Fire: A Game of Thrones

And so, several couples who had planned Game Of Thrones-themed weddings suddenly rethink their decisions...

...Also, hey, I thought it was a bad wedding gift that one time I gave a pair of oven mitts! Man, was I mistaken!

So hey, why doesn't George R. R. Martin use Twitter? Because he killed all 140 characters!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    The things he does for love.
    well if love is an excuse for paralyzing children then screw love
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

If you notice each one is dying.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think maybe those guys are getting cursed?

- - - Updated - - -

I think maybe those guys are getting cursed?
    "Problems Weaver?"

Looks like the FBI are flagging people as serial killers if they've posted the Red Wedding didn't affect them.

I want Joffrey to die slowly of some awful private parts-related disease as a result of this leech-burning ritual thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Jaime pushed a 10 year old boy out of a window.

NOTHING he can ever do will make him a good person. I don't care if he saved a billion kittens from a burning building he is nothing but pure and utter scum who deserves a slow and extremely painful death FAR more than any other single character in this entire show.
    Well, he kinda did save a lot of kittens and dogs and children and people in general when he offed the Mad King.
    But yeah, Jaime is a ruthless killer, no doubt.
    A more interesting question would be is Jaime Lannister deserving of redemption and forgiveness?

As for people deserving of a slow and extremely painful death, wait for next season and look toward Winterfell.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I want Joffrey to die slowly of some awful private parts-related disease as a result of this leech-burning ritual thing.
    It's pretty fitting but it doesn't involve his private parts.
    "Problems Weaver?"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    A more interesting question would be is Jaime Lannister deserving of redemption and forgiveness?
    short answer = "no"

long answer = "NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Jaime pushed a 10 year old boy out of a window.

NOTHING he can ever do will make him a good person. I don't care if he saved a billion kittens from a burning building he is nothing but pure and utter scum who deserves a slow and extremely painful death FAR more than any other single character in this entire show.
    That was when he was evil! He's a good guy now. He's getting redeemed.

Wolf, you've started watching Game of Thrones?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

that's the thing with me, once a character hurts or kills a child they become completely irredeemable and undeserving of anything but my total and utter hatred and desire to see eradicated

I forced myself to watch a few eps to see what the fuss was about.

Apart from hating Jaime for pushing Bran out the window I found it pretty boring to be honest.
    Last edited by wolfsfang; June 5, 2013 at 07:47pm.

Martin says he'll try and finish the books before the show passes them up

The George R R Martin clip was great. Thanks for posting it.

I'm glad to hear that he's writing faster now. Bring on The Winds of Winter.

Ding-a-dang! The video's been taken down and I missed it. What did he say exactly?

Key points

- Working faster to get the books out so HBO doesn't make stuff up

- Kills his characters to avoid being predictable like every other story where you know nothing bad will happen in dangerous situations. Wants his readers to be afraid to turn the page.

- Watched Red Wedding reaction videos on Youtube. Said those were book readers filming their loved ones. Years in the making.

- Grew up in poor in a tiny town in New Jersey dreaming of Staten Island, which was his Westeros. Staten Island was disappointing when he got there.

- Joked about how to kill off Conan if he could.

Did you guys watch all the reaction videos on YouTube by the way? I don't want to post them here in case the language isn't work safe, but they never get old.

So I am rewatching Episode 9 from Season 1 and I'm in awe of what the writers did.

In this episode, Catelyn goes to Lord Frey to ask him to cross the Trident. There are so many hints in the dialogue as to what's coming with regards to the Red Wedding. More specifically, Catelyn says that she will go to talk with Lord Frey because he would never harm her. Next, Lord Frey admonishes Catelyn for her father, Lord Tully, missing his most recent wedding. Then, Lord Frey says that he might as well turn all of the Starks over to the Lannisters.

Rewatching this episode, I can't believe that I didn't see e Red Wedding coming before this. The writers practically spell it out for the viewers.

Great season! I read the books just one ahead of the seasons to keep everything fresh. I saw some of the tweets and videos. People need to read more. I was surprised about all the negative reactions to the red wedding. I mean these books have been out a while now, HBO isn't changing much and people are actually like "I'm going to cancel my HBO subscription now", give me a break
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Episode 10

Well the 10th episode, like the two previous seasons, never live up to the epic 9th episodes. Ned's death, Black Water, and The Red Wedding have all been followed up with slow epilogue episodes. Although, I could think of ways to have made this one far more interesting, just using material from the books. Still not a bad episode, a good one in fact.

Rob's wolf's head was attached to Robb's body, although really hard to see.

We finally had a nice fun moment with Tyrion and Sansa and just when you thought their arranged marriage might not be such a horrible thing, news arrives of the Red Wedding. Fantastic meeting with Joffrey and his cabinet. Joffrey vs. Tywinn round 2 was awesome. He sent the boy king to bed without supper. Joffrey vs. Tyrion Round 26 was also nice. Seems like Joffrey is keeping score of every time Tyrion takes a swing at him. Interesting final talk with Tyrion and Tywinn. Even though Tywinn wishes Tyrion wasn't his son, he seems to value his opinion the most. I think Tyrion will remember Tywinn's harsh comments the same way Joffrey keeps score of Tyrion.

Looks like Varys really has Tyrion's best interest at hand, offers to buy Shae off and send her away. Too bad he let her think this was his idea. Don't like her.

Well we finally find out who the mystery guy torturing Theon is. Ramsay Snow, Roose Bolton's ******* son. Did Game of Thrones rip off Roots tonight? Ramsay renames Theon Reek and the Reek saga begins. We can see where Ramsay gets his sick twisted hunger for torture and torment comes from. He also FedEx'd Theon's penis to the Iron Islands, threatening to send more Theon body parts. His father didn't flinch, but his sister sails to rescue him. Nice side story. Did Ramsay eat the penis or send it???!

Sam meets Bran and the gang. Bran refuses to go with him back to Castle Black though. Hodor. Ygritte catches up with Jon. She fires three or four arrows at him and they land flush. Does anyone else think Jon could easily avoid Ygritte's wrath just by asking her to go with him? He could have done this last week and this week. And she would have gone as long as he assured her she's his woman. You know nothing Jon Snow. Was that Ghost carrying Jon back to Castle Black?

Arya and the Hound slaughter some Frey/Bolton men? Not sure who they were, but I hope that wasn't THE moment from the books that is similar. Love these two together. Arya shanking that guy was brutal and amazing. She's seen so much horrible death, including the death of her father, mother, brother, and others, I doubt she'll ever get caught off guard like Ned and Robb.

I'm loving Sir Davos. I think he's the second coming of Ned Stark for this show, without the naivety and honor to a fault. He smuggled Gendry away and I'm actually not sure what will happen with him from this point on. Things with Stannis might finally get interesting again. Looks like we're going to the north of the wall!

Jaime makes it back to Kingslanding, super early. Big deviation from the books. Curious how things shuffle out with that. They could have given us more with Cersei though. Weak reunion.

Show ends with Dany at the mosh pit. Also curious to see how the show runners keep her interesting from this point on. Seems to me Dany's invasion and the white walkers are serious end game threats while everyone in the south are fighting over a meaningless throne.

Tons of great moments left for next season. I don't think we'll have to wait for the 9th episode anymore for epic things to happen. No matter how many more years the show goes on for, I think it will always be known for the Red Wedding episode. Whenever another episode does something like that, people will refer back to last week. The North remembers. See you in 10 months.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the summaries, SCB. I've read the books and am never going to get around to watching the show. Nice to see what's going on from afar. Ah, the Red Wedding. I'm still mad at Robb for walking into that one.

Heroic Warrior
    In reply to a few of SCB's notes:

-The banner of the men Arya and the Hound ran into had the Twins on it, so they were definitely Frey men.

-Ygritte is such a good archer, that she'd have killed Jon if she wanted to. I think the arrows were out of loyalty to the Wildlings/a broken heart, yet the non-fatal wounds were out of love, hah. Quite the complicated relationship they have/had.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    Thanks for the summaries, SCB. I've read the books and am never going to get around to watching the show. Nice to see what's going on from afar. Ah, the Red Wedding. I'm still mad at Robb for walking into that one.
    Welcome. I had fun writing them every week.

I have to say I am really enjoying the portrayal of Roose Bolton now that he's out in the open about what kind of man he is. In the books, I always interpreted him as an ice cold pragmatist with not much personality. But the actor on the show has added a nice amount of panache to it.

Well now I have started reading the books! I can't wait one year!

I hope the next season we will see Joffrey's death. Ayra is still one of my favorite character. I understand that Ned and Robb have made mistakes. Both trusted the wrong persons.

I was quite confused about Lord Varys, he cares about Tyrion or he is afraid of that Shae may be killed if someone else knows about the romance?

A very good season indeed

Varys is sincere when he says he cares about the realm. He wants the best people in charge and Tyrion is one of them.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Resurrecting this, as Season 4 started last night (4.6.14)

Please remember to use the Spoilers tag to discuss any spoiler-related plot points until the season ends in June.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Looking forward to next week - I hope what looks to be advertised happens and isn't stretched out over another week.

I just started book 5 the other day - I need to finish that up before next season starts...
    This space for rent, apparently.....