Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: HBO's A Song of Ice and Fire: A Game of Thrones

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Man...some of you are going to be so mad at this season.
    Bwahaha...
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

In before episode 2!

Episode 1

This was a good episode that ended great. A lot of it might have seemed random or meaningless, but they're all setting up big events this season, or next week...

Interesting opener with the reforging of Ned's giant sword into Lannister swords now. The meeting with Tywinn and Jaime wasn't as good as their first one back in season 1 and nowhere near the chilling scenes he's had with Tyrion last season. Still great to see Jaime back and interacting with his family now that's he's changed. Cersei and Joffrey seem to be the same towards him.

Great to see Oberyn on the show. That was just a small sampling of what he's like and capable of.

Sansa starts meeting Sir Dontas in the woods. One of those scenes that look insignificant, but is highly important.

Surprised to see Dany's dragons grow that fast, but happy to. Her story moves a lot slower than it should, so at least they're moving forward.

Well the Hound and Arya, my favorite duo, stole the show. Hound is awesome. He wasn't going to let anything happen to Arya and wanted all the chicken. Some fantastic stabbing scenes before Arya came into play. Funny how the episode started with Ned's sword getting destroyed and ends with Arya getting her's back. She's the only Stark actually getting vengeance.

Great closing scene with Hound eating chicken and Arya getting the horse she asked for. Crazy trust building exercise.

If next week is indeed Joff's wedding as advertised. OMG.

Holy Crap! Didn't see THAT coming!

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Hallelujah! That was the best climax to a wedding ever
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Okay, who stood up and clapped?

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I have to admit, when I got to that part in the book, I didn't see it coming. It was probably the biggest shock to me since Ned's untimely departure. Not exactly how I pictured it onscreen, but fairly satisfying, all the same.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Episode 2

Absolutely fantastic episode and it's only the second one.

If you didn't read the books during season one episode two when Joffrey had Sansa's direwolf killed, then that's how long you've waited for this moment.

Joffrey's death was epic and long overdue. The kid's performance through out every season was money and especially hateful during the wedding tonight. I actually think he got off easy, but great actor, almost a waste killing him off.

Cersei was equally insufferable. It was very confusing how sympathetic they tried making her the first three seasons when she is nothing like that in the books. This season's Cersei is the one Martin has always written.

Made her son's death even better.
    Loved her interactions with just about everyone. Her conversation with Brienne was extremely uncomfortable, but I loved how Oberyn had zero fear or shame talking down to both she and her father. So much good to come from them.

Away from Kingslanding, my favorite story thread were the Ramsays. I find them fascinating. Father and son are equally so cold and cruel, but in different ways. And Ramsay fears his father. Theon/Reek antics were some of my favorite things to learn about. It's like watching a slasher/horror movie within the show.

Below that is actually back to Kingslanding. Enjoyed seeing the sight of my two favorite Lannisters interacting. This is brand new territory and that alone is a bit interesting. As was Bronn replacing Illyn Payne (actor is on his death bed) as his sparring partner. This is actually a far more interesting deviation than the source material.

The portrayal of Shae has been pretty unbearable every season to the point where I look down on Tyrion for ever getting involved with her. I hope there was a reason for the way the actress portrayed her versus the more subtle approach in the books.

Some stuff with Stannis happened, but man that entire wedding was extremely entertaining even before

Joffrey's death
    due to all the tension and politics surrounding everyone, even the fun little encounter between the Queen of Thorns and Tywinn.

Can't wait to see how they handle the fall out next week. Did Sansa go somewhere?

Who killed Joffrey?
    What's going to happen with Tyrion?

The way Cersei grilled Brienne...! And Brienne didn't exactly say "no"...

The subtle political talk is great.

Jaime has to re-train, using his left hand now. Interesting! He is totally going on reputation right now.

I think Mama Tyrell is behind Jeoffrey's death. The second her daughter became queen, Jeoffrey became expendable.

Hey guys, quick note. This thread hasn't been tagged as a spoiler thread in title, which means that big plot points should be hidden with spoiler tags. I went in and added a few pertaining to the events of last night's episode.

Please continue to use spoiler tags when discussing major plot points, at least for the short term, until everyone's had a chance to catch up.

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar

King Jeoffrey's dead! Finally! I hated that guy.
    Its about time the Queen's schemes caught up to her. Don't know what's going on with Brienne though. Looks like she might become a bigger character this season.

Love this show! So good.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

I think Mama Tyrell is behind Jeoffrey's death. The second her daughter became queen, Jeoffrey became expendable.
    Well...

Margaery is just queen consort. Her becoming queen in this manner didn't make Joffrey any more or less expendable than he was before. After he dies, she really has no power again. Well, no more than she did before. With all that said, it doesn't mean Olenna wasn't behind it... She would just need a backup plan....

(I assumed you meant Olenna, who is Margaery's grandmother btw)

I guess the following may not be book spoilerish in and of itself, but it could lead to questions, so...

It was really bizarre to casually see Brienne and Sansa in the same place at the same time in this episode... The skewed timeline of events is really weird to me. o.O

Can't wait to see everyone's reactions when it is revealed who is ultimately responsible for Episode 2's climax.

Glad to see things come to a head early this season, as there's WAY more still to come. I was a little nitpicky-miffed about the changes they made to the dwarf scene at the wedding vs the book, (Tyrion was actually much more humiliated) and the climax was a lot more gruesome on the page than on the show, but either way, they were both over too quickly.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Tyrion's expression matched my own...

I did not see that coming. That was the ULTIMATE comeback.

That really threw me in the book.

To have Oberyn built up so much, and be such a cool character (IMO) with a lot of great story potential, and then to be so suddenly done away with ...totally did not see that coming.

We should also be saying good-bye to at least three more main characters over the next two episodes

Also, I like the direction in which they're taking Sansa. Makes her a lot more interesting. And Arya's reaction to hearing the news of her aunt was fantastic!

Heroic Warrior

The beetle got crushed.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    ah. should have seen it coming.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I've been waiting for that episode all season.

Bookish spoiler

I enjoyed the fight, but I hope they really convey how ***** up Gregor is in the next episodes. I kinda felt they undersold how screwed he's supposed to be. I've even read some reviewers (who apparently haven't read the books) speculating that he'd just recover normally after the fight.

Did they even mention on the show that he uses uber poisons on his spears?

My biggest impression was Sansa Stark. I love how she's grown from a "stupid little girl" into a player. Just hope she keeps it up. I haven't read the books so I have no idea what's going to happen, but if last episode was indicative of her future, she might become my new favorite character.

My current favorite character (Daenerys) however, disappointed me a little. Though, she really was in a position of "damned if you do, damned if you don't"... Both of these girls seem to have grown and learned a lot

WoW what an ending!
    Thats why I don't want to read ahead, for moments just like that!

Just as the fight started I said to my girlfriend "I really want Oberyn to win, but I'm expecting him to win so that means he probably wont".
    Theirs no way the Mountain could just recover normally after the fight lol, assuming he survives, the medics must have had to work very hard to save him.
    I wonder what the Hound is going to do now, will the two Strak girls be reunited.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    LOVED this week's episode, one of my favorites of the series. And I'm not even a big Jon Snow fan.

I'll just leave this here:

WOOLLY FREAKIN' MAMMOTHS!
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Evidently, last night's episode was the most expensive one for the show to date.

Some really nice stunt work, too.