Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO's A Song of Ice and Fire: A Game of Thrones

Doesn't the show say The Khalasar is 40,000 strong?

If they don't wear any armor, I will scream, "you don't fight with honor!" But then Bronn will show up, point at the moon door and say, "No. He did".

Anyone hope we see more Imp slapping. That be a great moment when Joffrey says I'm the king. And Tyrion says is that so. And the Imp asks a guard to give him his glove and he slaps Joffrey for or five times.
    "I'm telling mother." "Go ahead I awe her a good slapping as well."

Heroic Warrior
    After the season's over, I will reveal a hilarious Internet meme I came across last night while pondering certain plot points. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone not in the know.

Im really loving this show and its such a huge temptation to go on Wiki and read up on the books but I just dont want to ruin anything cos I just love the surprises that keep coming in each episode!

I really didn't expect Cersei to do what she did with the Kings last words and now Ned is in a real pickle! Although I knew Petyr would do something slimy sooner rather than later.

Tyrion rocks!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Doesn't the show say The Khalasar is 40,000 strong?
    Maybe, I don't remember. I'll see if I can find it in the book.

Yeah they do. Otherwise, he wouldn't marry off his sister for a few hundred horse riders.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Yeah they do. Otherwise, he wouldn't marry off his sister for a few hundred horse riders.
    Yeah, you're right. I was thinking of something else. Still 40,000 Dothraki don't pose much threat, unless they decide to adapt to castle warfare. At one point in the books it says that when the Dothraki come to an opponent that bars it's gates and won't meet them on the field, they will ride elsewhere to find more "worthy" foes.

Well like King Robert said, once they start attacking villages, Robert's claim will be questioned. But now that Joffrey is king, it might be different fighting both the king's army and Lannister's army.

Lannisters: Hear me roar!

They would've had to fight the Lannister army anyway. The queen is a Lannister, remember?

King Robert is refering to everyone being Starks, Lannisters and so on againts them. He may have been a drunk but he did know battle things and Joffrey is a kid still and Robert knows this too. And he would unravel faster then Aerys in the madness catagory.

I've been catching up with the book. Robert never wanted Joffrey to be king. He knew how twisted and mean Joffrey.

Also, these are no longer spoilers, but

1. Why would they cut out the scene where the Hound tells Sansa his story instead of Little Finger? But judging from the Episode 8 preview, it looks like they finally meet alone. I loved that scene in the books.

2. Hodor! We need more scenes of Hodor where he says his name.

Episode 8 Thoughts

Great episode, only wish it was longer.

That was the greatest audition tape for Conan ever. Momoa looked liked a one man army going after his man unarmed and ripped out his life literally. You don't need to be Mr. Olympia to do what he did in those few seconds.

Syrio taking down the armed guards with a wooden sword was bad ass, reminded me of Spartacus doing it. Arya got her first kill as well.

Rob comes into his own and starts taking steps into becoming his father meanwhile Bran is forced to become Rob to his own little brother. Interesting nude scene with Hodor and his "giant".

Was hoping to see Jaime, but thankfully we got Tyrion back on screen.

Joffrey and Cersei are fantastic villains. I love hating these two.

Not sure what to make of Sansa, she's finally coming around, but not enough. She's still all about herself, unlike the rest of her siblings.

Some great scenes with Jon and Ghost with the white walkers.

Everything is on the line now with only two episodes left.

By the way, this was the only episode actually written by George R. Martin. Bravo.
    Last edited by SCB; June 6, 2011 at 12:05am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Anyone else hope to have seen Barristan prove his theory and cut through them like a Cake.

Movie mayhem!
    I think I forgot to post this here... but another promotional thing was the iron throne making its way around NYC. Anyway here is me on the Iron Throne

I seriously want one for my house

If you get bored and want a laugh you should look them up online... there are some hysterical ones especially from Wonder Con... here are a few of my favorites:

BTW, for you kids who are getting into the novels now, don't forget to check out the "Dunk and Egg" short stories. They take place in Westeros about 85 years before GoT. They're only about 100 pages each and they stick to one PoV, so they're very simple, unlike the novels, but they're still excellent. They can be found in "Legends" I and II edited by Robert Silverberg, and "Warriors" edited by George RR and company. The SoIaF books have easter eggs that pertain to them also.

Season 1 is only 10 episodes???
    Ballz!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

To those who have read the books,
    Is season one going to cover the first book and then season two the second book, or will season two still be about the first book?

Edit:
    just checked on wikipedia and it says it will cover one novel's worth of material per season.
    Last edited by 13977; June 8, 2011 at 11:20am.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    BTW, for you kids who are getting into the novels now, don't forget to check out the "Dunk and Egg" short stories. They take place in Westeros about 85 years before GoT. They're only about 100 pages each and they stick to one PoV, so they're very simple, unlike the novels, but they're still excellent. They can be found in "Legends" I and II edited by Robert Silverberg, and "Warriors" edited by George RR and company. The SoIaF books have easter eggs that pertain to them also.
    You can also find the first one in one of his Dreamsongs books which are AWESOME books, they contain his short stories but then also excerpts where he talks about his life and what was going on for him when he wrote that story. very cool. his "fame" was a long time in coming and he struggled a lot at first

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Season 1 is only 10 episodes???
    Ballz!
    Yea, but I'm assuming next season will be more. Typically with show that are this expensive they try to do it in as few eps as possible to save money.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    You can also find the first one in one of his Dreamsongs books which are AWESOME books, they contain his short stories but then also excerpts where he talks about his life and what was going on for him when he wrote that story. very cool. his "fame" was a long time in coming and he struggled a lot at first

Yea, but I'm assuming next season will be more. Typically with show that are this expensive they try to do it in as few eps as possible to save money.
    I have Dreamsongs, but I haven't read it yet, good to know that it comes recommended.

IDK for sure, but I think season 2 is also a paltry 10 ep's.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    I have Dreamsongs, but I haven't read it yet, good to know that it comes recommended.

IDK for sure, but I think season 2 is also a paltry 10 ep's.
    Really? I thought I had read it would be longer but maybe I am mistaken.....dunno how they can fit all of book two into the same number of eps and not loose a lot.

HBO dramas are usually no more than 12 episodes a season. Even if they do increase the number of episodes in season 2, I doubt it would be by more than 2. If you want a longer season, you need to start watching network TV where it's usually 22-24 episodes a season.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Check this out fellas, I already got mine, so If you want to be cool like me, you'd better get one before they're gone.
    www.teefury.com
    [/URL]

I wonder if there will be t-shirts team Lannister or team Stark hit the clothing stores.

HBO is selling some great GOT shirts. The teefury one is a little plain for me. Hopefully they make more, maybe a Tyrion one about bald men's tears?

EPISODE 9

Finished the book last night, so I saw this coming, but it was still hard to watch. One thing the show did that didn't come across in the book is the mysterious man protecting Arya. Him protecting her while Ned accepts his fate was extremely well done and hard to watch. \

I've read on other boards that fans thought HBO wouldn't have the balls to kill Ned, in fear of losing season 2 viewers. Well I think viewers are starting to learn that Martin doesn't pander to convention. Being open, honest, and honorable are not the most rewarding things in the 7 kingdoms.

The show has turned epic, too bad it's so short.
    Last edited by SCB; June 12, 2011 at 11:01pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The real answer to these questions will be can they bring in new people to better keep this show more balanced. This show needs grounding performances like from Mark Addy and Sean. Stannis and his wife and other people not see yet should be intresting casting.

That was powerful stuff. I've read the book 3 times, but I've never been as emotional about what happens to Ned as I was watching this episode.