Results 1 to 25 of 473

Thread: Leech and Hurricane Hordak revealed at WonderCon!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    468

    Leech and Hurricane Hordak revealed at WonderCon!

    Just saw Leech from the Horde, will post pics soon

  2. #2
    Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    The Dark Hemisphere
    Posts
    4,665
    welcome news if true (given the date I don't believe anything without solid proof)
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

    please check out my fan fics at:

    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

  3. #3
    Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,226
    Hmmm...

    April Fools, much?
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

  4. #4
    Greg at your service AnnnaMot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Posts
    3,679
    cant wait

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior Beastmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    892
    You know there's a separate thread for April's Fools, right?

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Beastmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    You know there's a separate thread for April's Fools, right?
    I stand corrected and humbly apologize...

  7. #7
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,777
    How does he look? Filmation? 200X staction? Vintage? Two heads? Is he fat?

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  8. #8
    Human Mutant Power! carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,455
    cool, cant wait to see pics
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

    Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior urbanmyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,497
    Is he packed with Cringer or Kowl?

  10. #10
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,921
    It's not a joke! Hurricane Hordak too!

    http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...659843&theater

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Merman79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    967
    Holy Crab , WHAT A AWESOME GRAET FIGURE!!!!!

    LEECH IS PERFECT.

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior Bowhead Whale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Grand'Mère, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    Holy Crab , WHAT A AWESOME GRAET FIGURE!!!!!

    LEECH IS PERFECT.
    If you say so...

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    458
    It looks like Leech has the movement inhibiting crotch design!
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

  14. #14
    Gimme Granita! Scorpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,519
    WOWSERS!!!!!

    Now this I wasn't expecting! But I'm relieved - it hasn't been the best few weeks for MOTUC has it? What with Catra's bio, King Hiss' reversed shoulders, the 'controversy' over the Faceless One's hood and robes, She-Ra as a basic 'reissue' in the DC packs...the list goes on...

    ...and so this move feels like they're trying to redeem themselves. I know the September figure has historically been revealed before SDCC, but not usually in April! Personally, I like the idea of them spreading them out a bit more - otherwise we're waiting four months between NYTF and SDCC and around six months between SDCC and the April reveal...

    My thoughts on this dastardly duo:

    Leech - was not expecting him any time soon - so totally stoked! He was one of the surprise hits of the MOTUC Popularity Polls from earlier this year and I can't wait. LOVE his new weapon! And I wonder if he'll come with another gold shoulder-pad for his other arm...? Hoping for a 'closed mouth' head too - let's get away from the 'this is the style guide head, this is the staction head' etc because the MOTUC one is clearly different from them all!!

    Hurricane Hordak - he looks good - part of me is disappointed because I was hoping they'd throw us a curve-ball and make him blue. But, I guess it makes the possibility of 'blue' Hordak more exciting. I'd love him to come with a cannon-arm as in the Filmation 'toon - and this version looks like a more appropriate repaint than 'original' MOTU Hordak (no cape).

    Are there any other photos from this event? It'd be good to see close-ups of the rest of the MOTU display...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Now this I wasn't expecting! But I'm relieved - it hasn't been the best few weeks for MOTUC has it? What with Catra's bio, King Hiss' reversed shoulders, the 'controversy' over the Faceless One's hood and robes, She-Ra as a basic 'reissue' in the DC packs...the list goes on...
    Meh, I feel bad for anyone who lets those things get 'em down. The line is going strong. A bad week would be cancellation of the bonus figures or other reductions to the line. These are just minor quibbles.

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior tumalu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Meh, I feel bad for anyone who lets those things get 'em down. The line is going strong. A bad week would be cancellation of the bonus figures or other reductions to the line. These are just minor quibbles.
    Couldn't agree more with you, my friend!
    If these are bad weeks I don't know how good weeks would be..

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior He-Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    2,865
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Meh, I feel bad for anyone who lets those things get 'em down. The line is going strong. A bad week would be cancellation of the bonus figures or other reductions to the line. These are just minor quibbles.
    Sorry to single you out, but can we not turn this thread into a "you can't complain about this or that" debate.

  18. #18
    Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the realm of G.R.I.M. Headquaters
    Posts
    1,077
    For an adult line, Leech's head looks childish, as well as Buzz and Awf- I mean Clawfulls. It's 2011 and I don't care about nostalgia or holding on to figures I had as a child. It's a shame that Mattel DESPISES the 200x era figures and designs. Those designs were serious and IMO defined what MOTU characters should look like. If you want your precious 80's designs so bad go jump in a hot tub time machine and knock yourself out. Mattel I shake my head at you.
    Last edited by warrenpeace2012; April 2, 2011 at 09:06am.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

    And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

  19. #19
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,530
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenpeace2012 View Post
    For an adult line, Leech's head looks childish, as well as Buzz and Awf- I mean Clawfulls. It's 2011 and I don't care about nostalgia or holding on to figures I had as a child. It's a shame that Mattel DESPISES the 200x era figures and designs. Those designs were serious and IMO defined what MOTU characters should look like. If you want your precious 80's designs so bad go jump in a hot tub time machine and knock yourself out. Mattel I shake my head at you.
    I'm not going to get into a vintage VS 2002 argument but you do realize that the line you want MOTUC to be based on is coming up on its 10 year anniversary, don't you? That's long enough in the past that what you have is a case of nostalgia as well. Practice what you preach.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior Poe Ghostal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    537
    Does anyone think Hurricane Hordak's armor might look better if it were chrome like the original figure? Has Mattel vetoed chrome armor?

  21. #21
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'm not going to get into a vintage VS 2002 argument but you do realize that the line you want MOTUC to be based on is coming up on its 10 year anniversary, don't you? That's long enough in the past that what you have is a case of nostalgia as well. Practice what you preach.
    I don't think it's nostalgia. The thing about 200X is that in alot of cases it "improved" upon the characters who were held back by parts re-use or action features. Arguably, the vintage aspect is liked because of nostalgic ties (instead of being better than the revamp) in most cases, whereas the 200X aspect is liked because the 4H "fixed" the designs of the old figures and sculpted them better. Now if better designs than 200X came along and fans still preferred 200X, then you would be right about 200X being nostalgic.

    The Stactions had no action features, so characters whose sculpts were affected by them in the 80's came out as improved. The Leech and Mantenna stactions weren't held back by their action features.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 2, 2011 at 11:53am.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Living in a reality where MOTUC goes on forever and ever and ever.....
    Posts
    126
    Leech!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you *** KIDDING ME?????? I never expected this today visiting the org. One of my top five favorites! I didnt even know a new reveal was coming. REALLY hope this is not a joke. Cant wait!!

  23. #23
    Gimme Granita! Scorpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,519
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Meh, I feel bad for anyone who lets those things get 'em down. The line is going strong. A bad week would be cancellation of the bonus figures or other reductions to the line. These are just minor quibbles.
    I disagree - whilst it doesn't impact on the success or longevity of the line, King Hiss' reversed shoulders really should have been avoided after the Roboto fiasco. A one-off minor-quibble wouldn't make a bad week. Minor quibble after minor quibble after minor quibble makes a bigger quibble - and that's why I assume we've seen Leech and HH so soon.

    There was a real feeling of anomosity here, particularly when Catra's bio was revealed. It actually put me off visiting the forums because of the fury that was being spouted... The examples I gave were disappointing to me, purely because of the potential for them based on what is available to Mattel (Faceless One's robes for example, which make help to differentiate the character from others and I also question the thinking of pairing She-Ra with Supergirl in a two-pack when Wonder Woman would have worked so much better, IMO...).

    ...but anyway, stoked for Leech and Hurricane-Hordikins.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,067
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Sorry to single you out, but can we not turn this thread into a "you can't complain about this or that" debate.
    Anyone's free to complain naturally, and I won't begrudge them that! I'm just putting it in perspective. We're still doing pretty good even with the errors or unpopular choices. I get not being happy with something, as I have been that plenty as well (must Skeletor's hood look like the matchmaker's headscarf from Fiddler on the Roof?).

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I disagree - whilst it doesn't impact on the success or longevity of the line, King Hiss' reversed shoulders really should have been avoided after the Roboto fiasco. A one-off minor-quibble wouldn't make a bad week. Minor quibble after minor quibble after minor quibble makes a bigger quibble - and that's why I assume we've seen Leech and HH so soon.

    There was a real feeling of anomosity here, particularly when Catra's bio was revealed. It actually put me off visiting the forums because of the fury that was being spouted... The examples I gave were disappointing to me, purely because of the potential for them based on what is available to Mattel (Faceless One's robes for example, which make help to differentiate the character from others and I also question the thinking of pairing She-Ra with Supergirl in a two-pack when Wonder Woman would have worked so much better, IMO...).

    ...but anyway, stoked for Leech and Hurricane-Hordikins.
    I'm very sorry you felt that animosity then, it did not seem as bad to me but maybe I didn't pay as much attention to the bio or how it was received. I'm not sure I'd call bad experiences on the boards a bad week for MOTUC, but I can understand feeling down or repulsed too. I did not like how the Faceless One turned out either (though the black hood fix pleased me a lot), but at least he's a figure now. I'd like to think we can convey when we don't like something or how it was done to Mattel without having to be unpleasant with each other.

    And I agree with being stoked for Leech and Hurricane Hordak (even if he's less shiny than he could be)!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •