Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Leech and Hurricane Hordak revealed at WonderCon!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Wow...Leech and Hurricane Hordak!

Now, I'm surprised we saw these fellas, but I'm not that suprised we're getting Hurricane Hordak. I think it was TG (or a Mattel answer), but someone said something cryptic about Hordak within the last few months, so I figured we would be getting a variant soon. I wasn't sure if it would be Hurricane or Filmation though.

He looks good. Nothing too "wow" about him, except that the prongs on his one weapon look like they can close. THAT'S pretty cool!

Leech...is a mixed bag for me. I'm very happy to be getting yet another Horde member, but I was expecting him to look different than he does. The 80's figure looked kind of hokey so he could have the real suction cup hands, feet and mouth. Since this line is mainly action featureless, they didn't need to be sculpted that way...but they still kind of are.

His feet have to be that way, I get that, but I wish his hands were a tiny bit closed kind of like a "spell casting hand." The Staction did a good job of this...plus claws on hands and not toe nail fingernails:

I can get behind this head as long as he comes with an alternate one. His eyes are too far apart. One on each side of his head. It was that way in the 80's, again, to incorporate the action feature. Now that we aren't stuck with the limitations of the 80's, I was hoping to see an awesome head.

I like the Filmation/Styleguide head. Also, I wish he came with another REMOVEABLE shoulder pad (like Filmation as well):

Quote Originally Posted by Ayota View Post
    Great scuplt for Leech, just too large of a head.
    I agree. The head does look MUCH better smaller, like we saw photoshopped.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Widget
    Did leech have that Horde bat shaped net in the cartoon?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I've been wondering about that.

It does look like the arm may have the post, while the pieces fit onto that. That would be so bad, because, as you infer, we won't be able to pose the arm as a cannon, like we did with the vintage figure as kids

The attachments look awesome though!

Maybe there is time to change that considering they were able to make changes with Roboto's attachments.

I'd also guess that the attachments won't spin. I don't mean with the action feature like with the vintage figure, but just a kind of snap-on, spin feature.
    I'm hoping the yellow piece is just a post/stick that plugs into the arm cannon and you connect the 3 weapons to it. That way, it can be removed. I will be CRAZY angry if he can't be displayed with his arm cannon. That's the main fun of this toy. I always saw him like Trap-Jaw in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    I'm happy we're getting Leech so early. But I gotta say that I'm not too thrilled with the size of his head either. Hopefully they decide to make his jaw artikulated!
    I want an articulated jaw too! I didn't mention anything because I haven't seen any clear side-shots, but that would be really Trap-Jaw got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Half Evil 333 View Post
    Did leech have that Horde bat shaped net in the cartoon?
    I'm pretty certain he didn't.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; April 2, 2011 at 03:12am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Leech reminds me of DCD's Shark

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I like the huge head, makes him a freak like rest of the original Horde.
    I do too. I think it looks awesome. It also looks like you can fit a figure's head in there!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I could be wrong but it looks like Leech has wrist articulation. Also the blades on Hordaks weapon seem to be articulated
    if it's articulated, that weapon is going to look great in different poses ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    Well those pics from that guy from the Fwoosh cinches it. That head is looks really out of scale with the body to me. The proportions are just wrong. It's a shame b/c Leech is one of my favorite characters.
    yeah - i agree here ... the head really does look too big ...

people have mentioned that they're cool with it - and that's cool ... but for me, the head will make leech look odd with the rest of the line as he will be the only one who is slightly out-of-scale ... only the giants and the beasts should look bigger than the original figures ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by Power Sword View Post
    I just got back home & see others have posted the same type pics I got but I'll go ahead & post s'more. I love Leach!!! Hurricane Hordak is awesome too!

I got a picture of me with the Power Sword 'cause my name here is... well... and one of me with Scott.
    Power Sword....what is this tower behind the glass in your last picture? Is it CG?? Is it a MOTUC tower/prop??

Soooooo Awesome!!!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I want an articulated jaw for LEECH !!!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I hated Clawfuls head cos it was too silly/dopey, but its sorta grown on me...I hope to hell Leeches head does the same.....cos its just way too childish

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    It does look like the arm may have the post, while the pieces fit onto that. That would be so bad, because, as you infer, we won't be able to pose the arm as a cannon, like we did with the vintage figure as kids

Maybe there is time to change that considering they were able to make changes with Roboto's attachments.

I'd also guess that the attachments won't spin. I don't mean with the action feature like with the vintage figure, but just a kind of snap-on, spin feature.
    Yes, I hope there is time to make the changes you suggested. They should also ensure the weapons can fit on Roboto and Trap Jaw's arms, so they can repaint them black & silver for the next Weapons Pak.

I too think that they should spin freely. It'd be the next best thing to having the action feature.

Someone needs to find out if Leech is coming with a second head.

I'm curious to know, if he is coming with a second head, what would everyone prefer; Filmation, staction or suction cup? I would prefer staction. And definitely NOT suction cup.

Hordak has really grown on me. Hopefully his arm canon won't have a pin cos if it breaks off it will be useless.

We need clearer pics of Man-E-Faces to see how orange he is.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    I'm curious to know, if he is coming with a second head, what would everyone prefer; Filmation, staction or suction cup? I would prefer staction. And definitely NOT suction cup.
    Definitely not suction cup. His head is almost there as it is!

It's a toss up between Filmation and Staction for me. I love them both for different reasons. It's so hard to "Sophie's Choice" Leech's head!

Since the current Leech head is going for "scary" (I think...), I guess Filmation. That way we'd have Leech in "attack mode" and in regular mode...when he's not trying to eat you alive.

Heroic Warrior
    Okay.

I still believe that Hurricane Hordak looks wonderful, and that he MIGHT be a big hit (that's if he doesn't suffer from the usual and unfortunate QC issues). Can someone PLEASE confirm that Hurricane Hordak's shoulders are assembled properly ?

Leech... Great body, and nice sculpt from the neck down. It seems from the pictures we got that his legs might be able to move, after all. But I guess we'll have to wait for the reviews to be certain. It would be cool if he'd get a second shoulder pad, as long as that doesn't limit his arms movement (but it doesn't look like it does).

The main disappointment here is Leech's head. Honestly, the Four Horsemen could have made a suction cupped head like in the 80's, I wouldn't have complained. But THIS head looks out of place, out of proportions and frankly ridiculous. It doesn't look like Leech, but kind of a crossbreed between Leech and a Chinese dragon !

Obviously, given the real hate that Mattel has for the 200x era (they proved it enough, lately) I didn't think they would go with the 200x staction head sculpt (which, I must say, is one of my favorite Stactions, and looks totally awesome !). That's too bad, because that would have turned Leech into a cool monster, and a major enemy.

We get here the weirdest head of all MOTUC figures released so far... I didn't mind about Clawful, because he looked like what we expected, and because his "muppet" look isn't too bad and doesn't look that ridiculous. But this... No way, man. It looks like they sculpted Leech for 4 year olds, and not with the "adult collector" factor in mind (once again) !

I don't think there will be another head for Leech, since no other head was shown. I don't think they'll change his sculpt either, since "all sculpts are final".

All in all, Leech used to be a figure I couldn't wait for. Now, I'm reconsidering buying him.

It seems like Leech has articulated wrists. There's one thing that bothers me, though : why didn't they display him with his crossbow in hand (or on wrist, should I say) ? Maybe because it can't be put there properly and tightly ?
    Last edited by Prahvus; April 2, 2011 at 06:19am.

I think Leech has been designed mostly so he can put is mouth around other figures heads and bodies. No need for a "second Filmation head" since this one is extremely close to the style guide anyway! I'm also happy he's going to be dark green, like the original toy.

For Hurricane Hordak, since it's so far in the future, I suspect that's not the final mold. So there may be time to change how the weapons attach, for those who are a fan of his "bio-synthetic converterbration" (or however it was spelled).

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    does leech have a neck? i cant see it that well.

Hurricane Hordak is just normal but Leech is .... Wouaaaaaaa!!

I hope the final figure will be just as this version.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    shouldnt leech have fat short legs

I still really like Leech and the head sculpt. It feels different being on the side that actually is happy with something for a change

Head looks silly. I cant really figure out why though .... Im not one to say this, but the 200X looks better. I've looked over both figures in my collection, and i dunno, i just can figure out why it looks goofy.

hurricane hordak is sweet, but i do hope they use a SHINEY gold, instead of a regular gold paint. The old hurricane hordak shines, makes him look really cool.

Ill still buy em ... but Ill reserve final head judgment on leech until i get better pictures.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    Head looks silly. I cant really figure out why though .... Im not one to say this, but the 200X looks better. I've looked over both figures in my collection, and i dunno, i just can figure out why it looks goofy.

hurricane hordak is sweet, but i do hope they use a SHINEY gold, instead of a regular gold paint. The old hurricane hordak shines, makes him look really cool.

Ill still buy em ... but Ill reserve final head judgment on leech until i get better pictures.
    I think I know why he looks a bit goofy to me: it looks as if he was smiling...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

I'm convinced this is an April Fools

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Trying to put my finger on it, seems maybe he just has too many teeth, going off the style giude leech and obvisouly they have done leech off it he has less teeth, did i mention i LOVE HH.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    wow a nice suprise! I'm loving Leech - I'm glad he has the bulkier torso and the bat net looks cool - his face is nice - but maybe there are too many teeth - maybe Mo-lar can assist here?

Hurricane Hordak - is OK - never been much of a fan - but he's alright I guess. I just hope we don't get buzz-saw Hordak soon - wasn't he just a regular Hordak with a saw in his chest??

WOWSERS!!!!!

Now this I wasn't expecting! But I'm relieved - it hasn't been the best few weeks for MOTUC has it? What with Catra's bio, King Hiss' reversed shoulders, the 'controversy' over the Faceless One's hood and robes, She-Ra as a basic 'reissue' in the DC packs...the list goes on...

...and so this move feels like they're trying to redeem themselves. I know the September figure has historically been revealed before SDCC, but not usually in April! Personally, I like the idea of them spreading them out a bit more - otherwise we're waiting four months between NYTF and SDCC and around six months between SDCC and the April reveal...

My thoughts on this dastardly duo:

Leech - was not expecting him any time soon - so totally stoked! He was one of the surprise hits of the MOTUC Popularity Polls from earlier this year and I can't wait. LOVE his new weapon! And I wonder if he'll come with another gold shoulder-pad for his other arm...? Hoping for a 'closed mouth' head too - let's get away from the 'this is the style guide head, this is the staction head' etc because the MOTUC one is clearly different from them all!!

Hurricane Hordak - he looks good - part of me is disappointed because I was hoping they'd throw us a curve-ball and make him blue. But, I guess it makes the possibility of 'blue' Hordak more exciting. I'd love him to come with a cannon-arm as in the Filmation 'toon - and this version looks like a more appropriate repaint than 'original' MOTU Hordak (no cape).

Are there any other photos from this event? It'd be good to see close-ups of the rest of the MOTU display...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo