Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Leech and Hurricane Hordak revealed at WonderCon!

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    The weapon is a Horde symbol-shaped net with suction cups on it. Suction cups = Leech.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    a net that traps characters against walls, so he can suck out their energy while trapped?
    Yep.

OMG Bat suction netting! Do you think it attaches to his back...or something... so he can cling to walls and whatnot? Or maybe to "toss" to capture enemies?

wow!!! ...

HH looks freakin' awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Unless something has changed, awhile back I think they said Leech would have two heads.
    i really hope you're right - i don't like that leech head ... awesome body sculpt though ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I just want good hip articulation. Fans in attendance should ask about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    But do we need a Hordak variant? NO! Waste of tooling money that could have been put to making other characters that are needed more than this!
    we need variants when they look as good as HH does!!! ... he is amazing ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

this is a surprise i thought the new reveal was going be the SDCC exe but still cool to get to reveals that we where not planing to see and can not wait for Sept

awesoma powah!

leech looks great and i love man-e-faces coloring.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbebanur View Post
    this is a surprise i thought the new reveal was going be the SDCC exe but still cool to get to reveals that we where not planing to see and can not wait for Sept
    The Q&A for today says that the SDCC reveal might be another Attack of the Show reveal. It'll get mentioned on Facebook...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Leech is totally amazing!
    That net is really cool too!

Hurricane Hordak?... O well I guess it's an unavoidable variant/repaint as a nod to the vintage line...

EDIT: I have to get back on this, Hurricane Hordak is growing on me.
    Now that I've seen close up pictures, I also like the arm a lot and the fact that he doesn't have a cape.
    Although I dislike the huge dial a lot I'm not sure yet about the gold armor which I may decide to paint the armor black.
    Before I decide to paint it, I'll have to re-watch Excalibur for my final decision thanks to Niki's post
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    the shining armor is much more appealing and reminds me of Modreds golden armor in Excalibur which simply looked awesome.

The gold gives him an even more superior look.
    Last edited by synthalus; April 4, 2011 at 09:37am.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Leech's head looks huge! But I definitely like the figure. It will be my first Leech figure ever since I do not have the vintage or staction.

Hurricane Hordak is a waste for me. I hate variants that don't change the character much!! It's too bad that Matty suckered me into a subscription, so I have to buy it. I'm just glad I didn't keep two subs this year.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

The new net looks great and september is going to be a huge Horde month LEECH and HURRICANE HORDAK in one month!

Cool Idea

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    Hurricane Hordak is a waste for me. I hate variants that don't change the character much!! It's too bad that Matty suckered me into a subscription, so I have to buy it. I'm just glad I didn't keep two subs this year.
    but the paint-job rocks on this figure! ... and his weapons? - wow! ...

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Leech's head looks huge! But I definitely like the figure. It will be my first Leech figure ever since I do not have the vintage or staction.

You can sell it...Hurricane Hordak gives us a Mega Man like arm cannon: The Horde-Buster™. Just heat and pop the arm at the shoulder and add it onto the standard Hordak. Viola Horde-Buster™!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Wow, both figures look great!!

Can't wait to see better pics of Leech and that interesting net!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Well, according to Matty's hints, this will be Hordak from after he gets trapped in Despondos and the original Hordak will be Preternia Hordak.

to clear up my last post was surprised we got reveals today and thought we would not got a reveal until the got around to revealing the SDCC exe

OMG!!! THEY LOOK TERRIFIC!!!

WOW, 2011 is definitely the year of the Horde!

That Hurricane Hordak looks terrific. I really like the new vest... spiffy!

And I have to say this: NOT fan of Leech, TIL NOW!!! I mean, wow! He's a freakin' hulk! And his head is 1,000,000,000 times better than the original!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    That Hurricane Hordak looks terrific. I really like the new vest... spiffy!
    yeah - HH is winning! ...

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhead Whale View Post
    Mybe the lips are too thin? Leech is a blood-sucking monster, maybe he needs thicker lips to to get fixed on his victim.
    Hmm yeah, I think I'd prefer slightly larger Filmation-esque lips, with slightly smaller teeth, with his mouth not as wide open.
    Still looks good though!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You can sell it...Hurricane Hordak gives us a Mega Man like arm cannon: The Horde-Buster™. Just heat and pop the arm at the shoulder and add it onto the standard Hordak. Viola Horde-Buster™!
    Soooo if Hordak defeats say Skeletor, he gets a Skull Shield power upgrade? Beating King Hsss gives him a Search Snake? Rain Flush from Tung Lashor? Leaf Shield from Moss Man?

Hurricane Hordak is my favorite variant from the vintage line; he always made me think they copied the Filmation show so he could change his arm into interesting weapons, so I'm really happy to get him. That and he's one of the few remaining vintage I still have from back then.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Okay, after looking over the design again, I'm really starting to think Leech uses the net to pin his enemies up against a wall or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Okay, after looking over the design again, I'm really starting to think Leech uses the net to pin his enemies up against a wall or whatever.
    good call ... like a sticky-web trap ... maybe he uses his bow to fire it? ... his bow looks a lot bigger than the original ...

USE YOUR ILLUSION

leech

how is he going to hold the bow?
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    Leech is totally amazing!
    That net is really cool too!

Hurricane Hordak?... O well I guess it's an unavoidable variant/repaint as a nod to the vintage line...
    My thoughts exactly. I don't like useless variants.