Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have the fans spoken with their wallets?

Have the fans spoken with their wallets?

King Hsss from the second shipment is still available. Is this a sign that the fans have spoken with their wallets on the reversed shoulders debacle?

Vikor sold out in minutes, Bow sold out in minutes yet King Hsss is still available. Providing the production amounts have not changed for King Hsss compared to the previous figures that would mean the issues with King Hsss are enough to keep fans from buying

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    I might be wrong, but didn't the second run of Vikor last a few days before selling out? I would assume the same thing will happen with Hsss. The number of people taking a stand, and not purchasing Hsss solely because of the backwards shoulders would be very few, I would think.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I have spoken. I have a comic store and many fans wanted a Hiss figure, but I passed on buying incorrect toys...

I donīt want that my customers get upset. Maybe Mattel must do the same with us...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I think Vikor isn't really a fair comparison, as he is a character who is relatively unknown to a lot of customers. He doesn't have the same nostalgia factor attached to him, so it doesn't surprise me that he lasted a bit longer than most figures.

I do think the negative issues surrounding this figure are preventing it from selling out to a degree. People don't want to buy a defective product at the end of the day. I do think though that having two sale dates also has an impact as well. Many folks can't keep taking time off their job to be at a computer to buy a figure on sale days all the time. So I think it's a combination of things that's effecting the rate at which King Hsss is moving.

I dunno, I bought two so I could display him in snake mode (with the custom extra snakes) and in his humanoid mode. His shoulders don't really have an impact and would hardly constitute a defective product to me (I know I'm in the minority in this one).
    All caught up on figures...now what

I really dont think it made a difference. Vikor did take some time to sell out the second time around.

He will sell out just like the others.

The amount of people who really wont buy it just because of the shoulders will be kinda small I think. Lots of people are vocal about it and we hear from them more than those who dont care but from what I've seen on other boards its a minor issue.

It does seem strange to me that Hiss is still available as I know many collectors will want an extra to display both human and snake Hiss. Like RavenousPuma, I cannot see the problem with the shoulders. The serious defect Hiss has in my opinion is the pitiful attempt at a snake body given the freedom the 4H had in design compared with past versions of the toy. Despite being outspoken for months on the flawed snake body, I still purchased 3 Hiss', one more than my subscription.

I'm guessing Hiss is still for sale because Mattel upped production numbers on Hiss on the basis he is a faction leader, has 2 bodies, and the overwhelming positive reaction to the human body at and post SDCC (at least until the last few weeks).
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Production numbers are high enough now to keep figures on the website for several days/weeks. That is all. I don't think it's a sign of anything to do with "shoulders." I know it may be hard for some fans, but you need to move on to the next thing to complain about.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I have bought four Hissez, so my wallet truly has spoken

Two are for me and two are for barter

I could care less about the shoulders but I didn't buy one because it's a pretty "meh" figure and I wasn't impressed enough to go through the Matty Mayhem for a character I'm so-so on. So yeah, my wallet voted no.

Looks like I'll be doing the same on that Leech.

i hope they never fix it if they re-release king hssss, that would teach the people who passed on him, people really would have their collection incomplete if the shoulders aren't fixed? seriously? be happy what you get, that's what i say, i didn't even notice till someone said something.
    Last edited by StaticX999; April 3, 2011 at 08:22pm.

Quote Originally Posted by StaticX999 View Post
    i hope they never fix it if they re-release king hssss, that would teach the people who passed on him, people really would have their collection incomplete if the shoulders aren't fixed? seriously? be happy what you get, that's what i say, i didn't even notice till someone said something.
    well sead!

I bought 2 &need a 3rd one...it not that big a deal

Vikor's first batch sold out in a mere 3 minutes and then lasted almost 2 days with the 2nd batch.

King Hsss was probably produced in higher numbers due to him being a faction leader and the first Snake Man released.

I bet he'll be all gone by Monday night. I don't think the shoulder issue really affected sales much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Production numbers are high enough now to keep figures on the website for several days/weeks. That is all. I don't think it's a sign of anything to do with "shoulders." I know it may be hard for some fans, but you need to move on to the next thing to complain about.
    High enough production numbers?

Remind me of this again in a couple weeks when Sy-Klone and Panthor sell out within an hour.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I already got a hiss because of the subscription, and I didn't like his snake form much but after seeing the customs with the 7 snakes I changed my mind. I like the idea to display hiss in both forms on both Pre-ternia and "current" shelves. Still, I took my sweet time thinking about buying a 2nd hiss as the $31.07 with the added shipping and tax is getting more steep for me for just 1 figure. I decided not to get an extra Adora that I might have wanted on a Spirit and decided to only make an exception to buy 2 figures from now on if there is something really special about it. Horde Troopers excluded

So yeah I ordered a 2nd hiss yesterday. What I found interesting is that I already received the shipping notice this morning which usually takes a few days. That makes me think that maybe they aren't so busy with orders after all? Or maybe they are just fast this month...
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    ... but after seeing the customs with the 7 snakes I changed my mind. I like the idea to display hiss in both forms on both Pre-ternia and "current" shelves...
    Same thing happened to me. Curse you trend-setting fancy customizers. Inspiring the rest of us to follow your lead
    All caught up on figures...now what

Hmmm .... I must see these customs! How'd I miss them?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I really hope people are taking a stand! It might help wake up Mattel about the importance of QC. If people will buy figures even if they have problems, why bother spending the money to check them?

Seriously though, I have a sub so I had to get him no matter what, but I would have bought a second if he was assembled correctly. I am very disappointed in Roboto still. He's in the middle of my collection so I don't have to see his shoulders.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm happy to pass on KH.

First, the fact that KH was missing a snake & that he could have had even more snakes than usual (as they didn't have to fit inside a human "shell") was very disappointing. I still cannot understand why the number of snakes wasn't increased - nevermind reduced. Pathetic, really.

Then, the shoulder issue (AGAIN) had me convinced to pass.

Then, reading about KH's inability to sit down due to the leg/groin design ensured I'd never buy this version & was relieved not to have done so. Getting stress marks just from moving the legs on an articulated figure?

Jeezuz.

Forget this doll. I don't care if I never get a KH.

Though it would be nice to be a corrected version, or a 200x.

Hopefully, Mattel are getting the message.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    I'm happy to pass on KH.

First, the fact that KH was missing a snake & that he could have had even more snakes than usual (as they didn't have to fit inside a human "shell") was very disappointing. I still cannot understand why the number of snakes wasn't increased - nevermind reduced. Pathetic, really.

Then, the shoulder issue (AGAIN) had me convinced to pass.

Then, reading about KH's inability to sit down due to the leg/groin design ensured I'd never buy this version & was relieved not to have done so. Getting stress marks just from moving the legs on an articulated figure?

Adding a few more snakes would have looked great! Problem is, Mattel doesn't seem to realize that some updating and enhancing here and there is a good thing.

They keep saying that they "leave it up to the Four Horsemen" when it comes to design, but I believe that's a somewhat distorted version of the truth. I believe that they've limited the creativity of the 4H by their "retired look" nonsense.

I prefer the MYP King Hsss, so I'll wait for a CORRECTLY ASSEMBLED 200X version to be released. If that doesn't happen, I won't lose any sleep over it. My wallet has spoken!
    Last edited by MasterCollector; April 3, 2011 at 05:37pm.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I was looking to King Hsss and Iīm not getting him because of the shoulder issue. I think a lot of people are not buying him because of it, Vikor lasted 1 day 5h, even BA Skeletor lasted less than a day and King Hsss is a faction leader, an A list, a figure to buy doubles to display in each form. He should had sold out long ago, the shoulder issue is what stops people from buying him .

I would think King Hsss would have sold out by now. I think the fans have spoken with their wallets on this one.

The figure should have been like Trap Jaw, people buying doubles so they can display the figure in both forms.

People could have bought extras to make an Ultimate Snake Form. They could have bought an extra to try the shoulder fix.

King Hsss should have sold out by now if his production was the same amount as Vikor and Bow

if it is a poor sellout then they won't re-release him, cause he won't be in demand and those people who are throwing a temper tantrum don't get one, they may never do.

Quote Originally Posted by StaticX999 View Post
    if it is a poor sellout then they won't re-release him, cause he won't be in demand and those people who are throwing a temper tantrum don't get one, they may never do.
    Is this really necessary? I don't think anyone is "throwing a temper tantrum" for simply wanting product that is assembled correctly. It's pretty ridiculous to be angry at folks who don't want to spend money on something that was manufactured incorrectly. You stated we should "be happy with what we get". Would you buy a bike with the handle bars on backwards? It will still work, sure... but why would you pay full price for something that wasn't put together in the right way? Even worse- Why be so angry towards those who aren't willing to accept it?

If you are okay with the shoulders, that's fine. More power to you. Nobody is ridiculing you for accepting incorrect product. I see no reason for you to spew such venom against those who do want it corrected.

Sallah