Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone actually buying King Hsss from the April 1st sale?

Heroic Warrior

Is anyone actually buying King Hsss from the April 1st sale?

Just wondering considering we all know that he has backwards shoulders and Matty is still selling them that way...

1- I think it's BS that Matty is still selling defective figures when they are well aware that they are messed up.

2- at the very least, if your gonna sell them... discount the price or offer free shipping on him.

Heroic Warrior
    I did. Even if it's wrong, it's still better than Ebay prices.

I MIGHT be the only one.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I ordered an extra one (already got 1 from my sub and 2 from the first sale, so this will make 4 total). I am keeping 1 MOC, and part of the reason for the extras is customizing (i.e. fixing the shoulders and making the 'ultimate' snake body that some have made... which requires cutting arms off of one snake body and gluing them to another (so 2 are required just for that), and I still want to have a normal snake body when all is said and done).

Though I also actually have a replacement King Hsss on the way as well (so I'll have even more extra parts) because on one of the snake bodies that I opened from my previous orders, there is a tear in one of the arms and the metal wire inside is sticking out a bit. It was like this when I opened it.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    I picked up an extra one today as well. I had 4 from my sub. (1 MOC/MIB, 1 open in "human" form for my regular display, 1 open in "human" form for my "Leaders" display & 1 open in "snake" form for my "variations" display - I'm also in the process of fixing the shoulders on this one's "human" form) The 1 I just bought will be cannibalized to upgrade one of the "snake" forms to a more "Kingly" status. Additionally, I'll probably fix the shoulders on the "human" form and pop the head out of the helmet to give him a "Palace Guard Disguise" form as well.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    because on one of the snake bodies that I opened from my previous orders, there is a tear in one of the arms and the metal wire inside is sticking out a bit. It was like this when I opened it
    Whoa ! You mean that the metal wire had pierced the rubbery plastic BEFORE you even opened the package !?

I knew this would occur (with a bendy part, that's unfortunately bound to happen), but even before you open the box ? That's a new record and a new low in QC debacle...

Now, I'm curious to see how many customers, in the coming months, will have the displeasure to discover the consequences of the ill choice of the bendable snake torso...

if i didn't have my sub, i'd still buy it, the figure is really cool, who cares about the shoulders, don't matter to me, not noticeable in my opinion.

I guess it makes me a fool, but I bought one.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I bought one. Originally I wasn't going to at all, but after setting up my display my 200X King Hsss just is...horrrible, especially next to my Tung lashor and Squeeze stactions.

I figure I can still display him nice enough, even with the shoulders.

I bought an extra one as well
    All caught up on figures...now what

i didn't buy one and i won't until the shoulders are fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    I did. Even if it's wrong, it's still better than Ebay prices.

I MIGHT be the only one.
    Don't feel lonely, I did too. The shoulders look fine enough to me, but I bought another to display the Snake Form anyway.

Me too, for the snake form (after my 1st ever attempt in customising ;-) )
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

I bought 2. I have no issues with the shoulders.

I picked one up. I'll either do the torso crack shoulder fix or I'll combine his parts with a Mer-Man buck to make a solid non detachable human form only figure. I haven't decided yet.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I did. Even though the shoulder issue knarks me, I want King Hiss. A reissue would have the same problems and I doubt a variant would happen any time soon...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I bought a 3rd one. The shoulders are a complete non-issue for me (and they work just fine, not really a "defect"). I will continue to support MOTUC even when things aren't 100% to my liking because keeping my favorite toyline afloat is more important to me than satisfying all of my personal quirks. Better an imperfect line than no line at all.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man123 View Post
    I guess it makes me a fool, but I bought one.
    It does not. I got mine from my sub and even with the reversed shoulders he is one of the most impressive Classics figures to date. He is just amazing, and I think almost anyone who actually got one in their hands would agree, especially because I don't think the shoulder thing is that noticeable, if at all, at least to me.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    i got one, missed out on him on the 15th

Heroic Warrior
    Picked up 3. 1 for play/display, 1 for MOC and the last for trading.

Court Magician
    Yeah, I grabbed one. I missed my opportunity last time. I do think Mattel is being totally stupid with their QC, but like someone else said, I would rather have a semi messed up line than no line at all.

I picked up another one to display one in each form with the one i got with my sub.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    i didn't buy one and i won't until the shoulders are fixed.
    If all fans thought like you, Mattel might "retire" their sub-par QC faster than they "retired" the 200X look.

They'd probably incorporate super duper hyper detailed inspections to their QC department.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Yeah, my five year old nephew doesn't care if the shoulders are backwards.
    HE'S A SNAKE!! HA
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i'll buy him if he is still available the 15th

Heroic Warrior
    I already got a King Hssss figure from my sub, but if I didn't have a sub, I would have bought him anyways because he is a great looking figure & the shoulders don't bother me. If anything, the looseness of his torso bothers me more. But, we that said, I will find it comical if he doesn't sell out & would serve Mattel right if he didn't. It would be a nice humbling experience and they could always bury the remainder of those unsold King Hssss figures in that Mexico desert right next to all the unsold Atari E.T. game cartridges. Lol.