Thread: Have the fans spoken with their wallets?

Hybrid View

Have the fans spoken with their wallets?

King Hsss from the second shipment is still available. Is this a sign that the fans have spoken with their wallets on the reversed shoulders debacle?

Vikor sold out in minutes, Bow sold out in minutes yet King Hsss is still available. Providing the production amounts have not changed for King Hsss compared to the previous figures that would mean the issues with King Hsss are enough to keep fans from buying

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    I might be wrong, but didn't the second run of Vikor last a few days before selling out? I would assume the same thing will happen with Hsss. The number of people taking a stand, and not purchasing Hsss solely because of the backwards shoulders would be very few, I would think.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I have spoken. I have a comic store and many fans wanted a Hiss figure, but I passed on buying incorrect toys...

I don´t want that my customers get upset. Maybe Mattel must do the same with us...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I think Vikor isn't really a fair comparison, as he is a character who is relatively unknown to a lot of customers. He doesn't have the same nostalgia factor attached to him, so it doesn't surprise me that he lasted a bit longer than most figures.

I do think the negative issues surrounding this figure are preventing it from selling out to a degree. People don't want to buy a defective product at the end of the day. I do think though that having two sale dates also has an impact as well. Many folks can't keep taking time off their job to be at a computer to buy a figure on sale days all the time. So I think it's a combination of things that's effecting the rate at which King Hsss is moving.

I dunno, I bought two so I could display him in snake mode (with the custom extra snakes) and in his humanoid mode. His shoulders don't really have an impact and would hardly constitute a defective product to me (I know I'm in the minority in this one).
    All caught up on figures...now what

It does seem strange to me that Hiss is still available as I know many collectors will want an extra to display both human and snake Hiss. Like RavenousPuma, I cannot see the problem with the shoulders. The serious defect Hiss has in my opinion is the pitiful attempt at a snake body given the freedom the 4H had in design compared with past versions of the toy. Despite being outspoken for months on the flawed snake body, I still purchased 3 Hiss', one more than my subscription.

I'm guessing Hiss is still for sale because Mattel upped production numbers on Hiss on the basis he is a faction leader, has 2 bodies, and the overwhelming positive reaction to the human body at and post SDCC (at least until the last few weeks).
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I really dont think it made a difference. Vikor did take some time to sell out the second time around.

He will sell out just like the others.

The amount of people who really wont buy it just because of the shoulders will be kinda small I think. Lots of people are vocal about it and we hear from them more than those who dont care but from what I've seen on other boards its a minor issue.

i hope they never fix it if they re-release king hssss, that would teach the people who passed on him, people really would have their collection incomplete if the shoulders aren't fixed? seriously? be happy what you get, that's what i say, i didn't even notice till someone said something.
    Last edited by StaticX999; April 3, 2011 at 07:22pm.

Quote Originally Posted by StaticX999 View Post
    i hope they never fix it if they re-release king hssss, that would teach the people who passed on him, people really would have their collection incomplete if the shoulders aren't fixed? seriously? be happy what you get, that's what i say, i didn't even notice till someone said something.
    well sead!

I bought 2 &need a 3rd one...it not that big a deal

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Was that really necessary?

King Hssss' shoulders really didn't bother me any (If I don't notice it initially, then it's not a big deal, but if they sold a corrected version, then I would get him), but I don't dismiss the fact that it does bother other fans. For all the money that we're giving to Mattel, for all the grief we get trying to purchase these things, and since we cannot simply get King Hssss on a rainy day, we expect this stuff to be right the first time.

Mattel might be the world's biggest toy company, but the actions they have taken to fix this problem are terrible! No discount or coupon on upcoming MOTUC figures, no type of reparations to try to make things right? Just "Okay so the shoulders are reversed...King Hssss is still an awesome figure and you should get him anyway, even though his shoulders are reversed!"

Is that so unreasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by Terry75 View Post
    I think he is probably just getting tired of hearing about the shoulders. For some of us that don't care about such things, the negative comments really ruin the figure for us as much as the shoulders do for you. Not everyone wants to share in other's misery. That's what I'm guessing at least...
    There's a simple answer to that. Don't go to those threads if it bothers you so.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I would imagine that people are avoiding him due to the problem. Being that he is the leader of a fairly major faction in MOTU, I would have expected him to sell out pretty quickly. Especially when this is a figure that more people are probably going to be inclined to buy an extra of to display him in both of his forms.

This is one of the few occasions where people actually could "vote with their wallets", due to it being a sale split between two dates and the problems being noticed before the second sale occurred. Normally between the subs and the way everything else just sells out, there's almost no such thing as 'voting with our wallets'.

I really don't think comparing this sale to Vikor is remotely accurate given how extremely obscure of a character Vikor is. This is definately a different situation.

Of course, the problem here is that if he doesn't sell out, Mattel isn't going to likely want to reissue him at all (let alone with corrected shoulders) since they are going to need the first release to sell out to justify a second run. It's a a big cluster ****.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    There's a simple answer to that. Don't go to those threads if it bothers you so.
    A great suggestion...unfortunately, you can't swing a dead cat around here without hearing about it.

i skipped on king hiss because of his shoulders. i guess i don't deserve quality product and should just take whatever crap mattel dishes out. grow up dude.

While this second sale ended up being a good thing for some customers........being able to choose whether or not to get a cosmetically defective figure for full price and shipping....................I hope this puts an end to Mattel's "double-shipments" sales.

I didn't like the fact that this happened with Vikor and King Hssss, and Mattel didn't offer reduced shipping for their error. I really hope this was a big "backfire" for Mattel.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    i skipped on king hiss because of his shoulders. i guess i don't deserve quality product and should just take whatever crap mattel dishes out. grow up dude.
    like i said it's people's loss, you responding to me shows how immature you are, if you think MOTUC are crap, then why do you bother buying any of them.