Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have the fans spoken with their wallets?

Quote Originally Posted by StaticX999 View Post
    i hope they never fix it if they re-release king hssss, that would teach the people who passed on him, people really would have their collection incomplete if the shoulders aren't fixed? seriously? be happy what you get, that's what i say, i didn't even notice till someone said something.
    i skipped on king hiss because of his shoulders. i guess i don't deserve quality product and should just take whatever crap mattel dishes out. grow up dude.

While this second sale ended up being a good thing for some customers........being able to choose whether or not to get a cosmetically defective figure for full price and shipping....................I hope this puts an end to Mattel's "double-shipments" sales.

I didn't like the fact that this happened with Vikor and King Hssss, and Mattel didn't offer reduced shipping for their error. I really hope this was a big "backfire" for Mattel.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    While this second sale ended up being a good thing for some customers........being able to choose whether or not to get a cosmetically defective figure for full price and shipping
    I think it's safe to say that the delayed shipment on the second batch of King Hsss figures worked in the consumers favor. During that time, many who missed out on the figure learned of the problems it had ahead of the second sale date, to decide whether or not getting an incorrectly assembled figure at full price was a worth it. For many who are tired of the excuses, it wasn't. For many of us, QUALITY CONTROL makes a big difference when an individual figure(with MANY reused parts) cost $30 shipped.

In the case of Roboto, all figures were available for purchase on his release date, and the subscribers who received the figure and complained probably weren't enough in number to get the word out to the masses. Also, Mattel jumped on the "he's a robot so it doesn't really make a big difference" excuse that some buyers had expressed. This doesn't even take into account all of us who received a Roboto with two left biceps or two right shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I didn't like the fact that this happened with Vikor and King Hssss, and Mattel didn't offer reduced shipping for their error. I really hope this was a big "backfire" for Mattel.

As far as I'm concerned, Mattel should give everyone a 50% off on the next variant(optional purchase) figure due to the Goddess fiasco.

First release He-Man, Goddess, Roboto, and now King Hsss, all flawed merchandise that cost FULL PRICE, and Mattel hasn't once offered some type of credit or discount on anything for it.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    i skipped on king hiss because of his shoulders. i guess i don't deserve quality product and should just take whatever crap mattel dishes out. grow up dude.
    like i said it's people's loss, you responding to me shows how immature you are, if you think MOTUC are crap, then why do you bother buying any of them.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i'll buy another hsss for display.
    i was waiting for the 15th
    i was going to make a custom out of him.

like i said it's people's loss, you responding to me shows how immature you are, if you think MOTUC are crap, then why do you bother buying any of them.
    Wow, really? I'm the immature one? Do you even read your posts? I noticed you posted the same complaint in another king hiss thread. Once wasn't enough? Sorry the whole world doesn't share your view point. Like I said, grow up.

Also, I don't think MOTUC is crap. I'd love to know how you came to that assumption. I like most of the figures. If a figure has a factory flaw, I have the right to skip it and the right to defend my decision when I'm called out for it.

call me immature but i hope they don't fix the shoulder problem if it's re-released, that's IF, not noticeable and King Hssss is an awesome figure anyways.
    I rest my case.
    Last edited by Man-E-Toys; April 5, 2011 at 04:29am.

Ok guys, apparently you missed guitargod694's post. This back and forth has to stop. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and should be able to state it without other people ridiculing or belittling them for it. If you insist on bickering, take it to PM. Any further back and forth will be deleted, and the poster will be subject to warning/account suspension.

Please respect your fellow posters and their opinions.

Thanks!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I guess the fans HAVE spoken…he sold out.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I can understand that no one wants to buy a "noncorrect/damaged" figure like King Hsss.

Mattel must send the bad Versions of King Hsss back to the manufactur in China.
    Mattel must sell us figures which are 100% OK.

I bet Mattel took the figures of Matty.

I got him through the subscription and I cannot really tell that the shoulders are reversed. They seem okay to me.