Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HURRICANE HORDAK discussion

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

HURRICANE HORDAK discussion

The 1st Hordak release had 5 accesories:

Besides Armor and Cape, we get Staff, Crossbow, Imp (with a a lot of detail), but with the new variant we get just 3 acc and the same armor.

Why we can get another cape or other cool accesory?

Also I prefer a vac metalized armor like the vintage one...

I had Hurricane Hordak when I was kid and the MOTUC version is cool, but Im a bit dissapointed in no big improvements or surprises here...

This weapons also connect with Trap Jaw???
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

But Hurricane Hordak has a new Headdress (without a cape) and he has the 3 vintage accessories he had (Propeller, knife shield thing, and Ball mace) The Armor could be new. We can't see the back piece and the 4H MIGHT have sculpted a new armor to add the dial from the vintage figure... (They did it with Optikk and SyKlone)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I like it the way it is

While I wouldn't say no to something extra, I'm happy with what he's got. And anyway, he's a bonus figure, isn't he? That usually means minimal new stuff and small amount of accessories. That being the case, I think he's pretty well rounded!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    While I wouldn't say no to something extra, I'm happy with what he's got.
    I agree with this. Given the formula though, I hope they do not bother with Buzz Saw Hordak until sometime in late 2016 if at all.

Key note: a vac metalized armor and he would be perfect.

I hate he didn't get it same goes for He-Ro.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok
    I hope they do not bother with Buzz Saw Hordak.
    SAME HERE!
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I agree with this. Given the formula though, I hope they do not bother with Buzz Saw Hordak until sometime in late 2016 if at all.
    Do you think they'll bother with that one at all? Maybe I lack imagination, but it's just a Hordak with a chest that opens and there's a saw in it right? No changes to the look what-so-ever. And since there are no action feature's he may as well be Buzz-Saw-Cabinet-Hordak.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Buzz-Saw Hordak is cool so I definitely hope they make him.

Re: Hurricane Hordak. Awesome! What a welcome surprise.

On second look, am interested to see how the weapons work - it looks like the weapon parts may have a hole in them meaning there's a peg hanging out of Hordak's laser arm?? I thought Mattel would use a similar connection to Trap Jaw and Roboto.

Really need to see a pic of Hordak's right arm without weapon inserted.
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; April 2, 2011 at 01:26am.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I woulda loved the vac armor much like he-ro, however, in a way its safer, 85 percent of my vac metal childhood toys have flaked off or scratched to hell.

RIP Silverhawks lol
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Unfortunately, I cannot say I love this Hordak. In fact, I hate him. The gold color looks out of place. The arm with the helicopter blade just looks rediculous. Does he even come with a real hand? This might be the first extra figure I get rid of.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    would have been cool to have another accessory. like a blue imp.
    had him as a kid. the original had gold shiny chrome like plastic.
    maybe it would flake like the silver-hawks. i had a character for tmnt called chrome dome his shiny chrome worn off.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Do you think they'll bother with that one at all? Maybe I lack imagination, but it's just a Hordak with a chest that opens and there's a saw in it right? No changes to the look what-so-ever. And since there are no action feature's he may as well be Buzz-Saw-Cabinet-Hordak.
    Quite correct - the only significant difference is a slightly misshapen Horde symbol to cover up the door:

What they possibly could do, though, is use the name for a styleguide Hordak...

personally, i love HH ...

the gold paint job is really cool (yes, vac-metalised would have been cooler) and i like his weapons arsenal too ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I love him, he's perfect.

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Never been an hordak fan, and this one is no exception.

I really love this Hurricane Hordak!!! The torso could be used for Flying Fist He-Man

NICE SURPRISE!

Heroic Warrior
    I like Hurricane Hordak ! He looks awesome !

In the 80's, I personally think that Hurricane Hordak was the best looking Hordak of them all...

This MOTUC HH, if done, assembled, painted, articulated and produced properly, should be a quick seller.

P.S. : can anyone confirm that Hurricane Hordak's shoulders are assembled properly (at least, for the prototype we saw at WonderCon) ?
    Last edited by Prahvus; April 2, 2011 at 06:49am.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Since so much of HH is just regular Hordak, it would be AWESOME if Mattel gave him new, "fixed" ankles. That would be pretty sweet.

80's lookback!

Last edited by Darkspecter; April 2, 2011 at 06:53am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I think Hurricane Hordak looks awesome and as a child i always preferd him over the original release, the shining armor is much more appealing and reminds me of Modreds golden armor in Excalibur which simply looked awesome.

The gold gives him an even more superior look.

The three accessories are great but i would wish there would be a simply right hand as another accessory.

Isnīt his loincloth longer than the first one?

Hurricane Hordak has been one of my most wanted variants so I'm really glad were getting him. It's about time we got a Hordak variant and the fact he's been shown with Leech makes him even more exciting.

Catra, Leech and Hurricane Hordak all in one year! Hopefully well see Mantenna in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    What they possibly could do, though, is use the name for a styleguide Hordak...
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ordak_m606.gif
    I think that's the best idea for Buzz saw Hordak. Like it has been said, that Hordak is pretty much the same thing as normal Hordak save for the chest cavity. I wouldn't be interested in him, but if they made the style guide version, it would make him different enough to buy again (I don't have any nostalgia for that look, but it's an iconic look all the same, and has plenty of fan backing). All they would need is a removeable chest-plate that could be replaced with an "open" one (or looks like it's open) and has some saws popping out. Heck, would be a nice addition to throw in a removeable arm (like Trap-Jaw) and add in the Hurricane arm as well (though, sans arm attachments to keep the figure in the "bonus" relm).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'd like it if they painted his flat abd piece black, but kept the top removable armor piece gold. That way if I wanted to swap out the gold armor with the black armor of the original figure for a more Filmation Hordak, I'd have that option.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I agree Buzz Saw Hordak is not needed in this line IMO.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

HH is a very good Variant, BUT GUYS its almost a 100% Repaint not more!
    I would love to see finaly a Hordak with better Armor and stomach muscels