Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HURRICANE HORDAK discussion

I love how HH looks, but also want to chime in with the hope for vac-metalized armor instead of matte gold paint. One, I think it looks awesome on the '80s figure, and two- I want Entrapta to have vac-metalized armor like her classic figure! Not to mention Mekaneck's goggles...

It's ok - no better than that.

I really hope it is not vac-metalized, but shiny paint.
    Vac-metalized looks cheap to me.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    I really hope it is not vac-metalized, but shiny paint.
    Vac-metalized looks cheap to me.
    I think I'm on board with you. Vac-metalized chips TERRIBLY. I was hoping for shiny paint.

With the higher quality pictures around, I think HH is perfect...except for that large, ugly dial on his back. If they get rid of that (and he can display his arm canon like the 80's figure), he's an A+ for me.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    HH is a very good Variant, BUT GUYS its almost a 100% Repaint not more!
    I would love to see finaly a Hordak with better Armor and stomach muscels
    Maybe, but he's better than BA He-Man & Skeletor did to him coming with a new sculpted hand/arm cannon & 3 weapons to plug into that hand. I think that's better than new armor imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think I'm on board with you. Vac-metalized chips TERRIBLY. I was hoping for shiny paint.

With the higher quality pictures around, I think HH is perfect...except for that large, ugly dial on his back. If they get rid of that (and he can display his arm canon like the 80's figure), he's an A+ for me.
    CRAP! They DID Give him the dial on his back!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    CRAP! They DID Give him the dial on his back!
    Yep. Judeh Simon took this picture:

I think it's almost petition time to stop the dials. Let's hope it gets lost in the mail (like Adam's sword holder did ).

ALSO, this kind of makes Buzz Saw Hordak even LESS unique, because this one has it sticking out his back...

"Stabbed in the back by my own Buzz Saw! Et tu, Buzz Saw?"
    Last edited by Darkspecter; April 2, 2011 at 04:31pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Yeah, the dial on his back is strange. On Sy-Klone it's tiny and can easily be a detail on the belt, and with Optikk it blends in with the rest of the cyborg detail on his armor. With Hordak...well, it's just a giant cog, for some reason. I wish they would have added some cybernetic detail back there to accompany it or something!

As it is, I don't care enough to say much, though I do agree that it's a strange choice.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Yep. Judeh Simon took this picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t/06a440e7.jpg

I think it's almost petition time to stop the dials. Let's hope it gets lost in the mail (like Adam's sword holder did ).
    There is a question on Ask Matty about asking to stop adding the dials...
    Bet the answer will involve that it's a throwback to the original toy and that the 4H make the design decisions, blah blah blah...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I agree that the other dails were more of a nod and blend in more.
    This one is really too much in your face.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Less dials and more weapons holders!!!
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Agreed the dial is too big and has no use. If you could attach his weapons on it it would be much more "ok", but just for homage
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

The dials have gone beyond the point of stupidity. I thought the whole reason for no action features was to eliminate buttons, levers, and dials. Thanks 4H and Mattel. You have convinced me not to subscribe again as these figures become more and more "reprints" of the 80s figures. I will pick and choose and skip these types.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Warrior
    I didnt really have any problems with the "dials" on Optikk and Sy-Klone because they did blend in very well with the figures and were nice little added details and nods to the vintage. However I agree that it doesnīt really work too well with Hurricane Hordak as there is nothing to disguise it... it is too much "in your face". Part of me almost wants to cal this one "Buzzsaw Hordak" because he looks like he has a buzzsaw stuck in his back, haha! Maybe if it were painted to match the armor it wouldnīt be so bad, but the red really sticks out.

Its actually kind of ironic though that this is the Hordak to not have a cape as people who didnīt like the "dial" could have used the cape to hide it.

I'm not really sure how they'll be able to vac metal the original Hordak armor design (flexible plastic with the pegs and sockets under the arms as opposed to the BA clip points) and not have the vac metal crack and fall off if you ever attempt to remove or swap the armor.

Or maybe they haven't thought of that either and we'll get a whole new mess of problems as people find that the vac metal cracks and splinters off at the drop of a hat if they ever attempt to remove the armor.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

I like the dial here, but don't want it on Tung Lashor!

Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    I'm not really sure how they'll be able to vac metal the original Hordak armor design (flexible plastic with the pegs and sockets under the arms as opposed to the BA clip points) and not have the vac metal crack and fall off if you ever attempt to remove or swap the armor.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Wouldn't it have to be rigid plastic and not flexible to be vac-metalized? I'm not crazy about it either, it does look cheap (besides the chipping). The dial is really unnecessary and an eyesore on this one.

That being said, I am happy to be getting this variant so soon. It was my only version of Hordak when I was little. It was the cannon arm that made me choose this version.

Quote Originally Posted by Xetheus View Post
    I like the dial here, but don't want it on Tung Lashor!
    OMG, yeah! He's not wearing armour...so it will LITERALLY be a buzz saw sticking out of his back!

Also, how will they vac-metal Hordak if the dial and back armour is all one piece? I don't think this is going to work at all. Logistical nightmare! Just cut the dial off, Mattel. You know it's the right thing to do.

While the dial is not a big deal to me, it would be nice if the dial was clipped on with a peg instead of being a permanent attachment.

I may need to acquire another Hordak to swap a cape onto HH.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

What? You don't trust Quality Control?

Some of the Vac-metal chips will blend in well with the other cosmetic defects some people experience with these figures.

I myself like the Vac-Metal, and hope this is a test for Jitsu's hand.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Heroic Warrior
    There's another reason to fight those dials : remember that, by the end of this year, vehicles will appear in MOTUC (1 vehicle this year).

Figures with capes or... with DIALS might be hard to put in the vehicles !

Personally, I don't want a re-run of the She-Ra/Swiftwind issue.

So PLEASE remove the dial ! That way Hordak will have a "flat back" and will be able to "drive" a vehicle easily !

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    What? You don't trust Quality Control?

Some of the Vac-metal chips will blend in well with the other cosmetic defects some people experience with these figures.

I myself like the Vac-Metal, and hope this is a test for Jitsu's hand.
    He's going to quickly become "Battle Armour Hordak" except, we will only be able to display him damaged. Hopefully he's painted gold underneath because...that gold won't stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    There's another reason to fight those dials : remember that, by the end of this year, vehicles will appear in MOTUC (1 vehicle this year).

Figures with capes or... with DIALS might be hard to put in the vehicles !

Personally, I don't want a re-run of the She-Ra/Swiftwind issue.

So PLEASE remove the dial ! That way Hordak will have a "flat back" and will be able to "drive" a vehicle easily !
    Mattel doesn't think that far ahead. That is another very valid concern though, so I will bold it below:

Figures with dials on their back might not be able to fit in vehicles!

This isn't an over-reaction. I have the 4H Mattel Batmobile, which I love. However, BATMAN has a difficult time fitting in it! I forget what the problem is (that I noticed). I think it might have been that Batman's torso isn't sculpted perfectly symmetrical so his arms can't both go into his sides in the same spot or something.

So, yes, a big ass dial on a figure's back will really affect vehical sitting status...when the MOTUC figures can't really sit all that well as it is!

Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    So glad they are bringing the bling for Hurricane Hordak! That was my one minor gripe about him as I don't really care for the "flat" metallic" colors like on He-Ro. I loved the bling of the 2002 Battle Sound He-Man and Skeletor figures. Nice to see them bring some of that shininess into MOTUC.
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

I hope there's still time to take that dial off, it just looks stupid with no action feature. Orko doesn't have a big ripcord through him as a nod to the classic line!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Orko doesn't have a big ripcord through him as a nod to the classic line!
    Not big, and not through him, but he has his ripcord.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!