Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HURRICANE HORDAK discussion

The dial looks bad, in my opinion. I understand the homage to the action feature of yore is the intention, but it is not executed well.

For me, the non-functional dials are the same thing as She-Ra's comb weapon.

It's amusing once.

Now it's just becoming annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Not big, and not through him, but he has his ripcord.
    Exactly, if Hordak had been given a shield based on the dial, I wouldn't have minded, but a big dial on his back that doesn't do anything is just stupid imo
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

No dial please!

PLEASE!!!!!!!
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I like MOTUC Hurricane Hordak. I like the vac-metal choice for his armor but I don't like the big red dial on the back of his armor. Maybe if the dial is also vac-metallized gold instead of painted separately it would blend in easier. It'll make it seem more like it's part of his armor, like back spikes. That way it can still be seen as an homage by the Mattel folks but won't stick out so much as a nonfunctional action feature.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; April 3, 2011 at 01:46pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I like it. I'm sorry most of us don't.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I LIKE the dial! I consider it to simply be part of his armor, and why not!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    The dial will be particularly "helpful" when you'll want your Hurricane Hordak in a vehicle... That "bump" or "hunch" in his back will just prevent him to sit or lay properly.

Please remove that dial. Small dials (even useless) are OK. Big dials like the ones protruding from HH's back should be avoided, provided there's an action feature related to them.

I mean, one of the reasons why fans didn't want action features in the first place was that they didn't want bumps, buttons, levers and dials to ruin the figures look...

That's also how we got no action features (= cheaper figures to produce). But now, they still want to give us the useless, bulky dials and levers ? This is a nonsense ! And if they keep doing that, we'd have been screwed both ways : no action features, but still dials and levers ruining the look of the figures and the possibility to put them into vehicles !

P.S. : on a side note, it also looks like Hurricane Hordak was the victim of one of his "buzz saw" blades... It's not a big thing to change, since they just need to remove that cumbersome and ugly detail. Make the back of the armor smooth and flat, with no dial, please !
    Last edited by Prahvus; April 3, 2011 at 01:39pm.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    It's not a big thing to change, since they just need to remove that cumbersome and ugly detail.
    Flip it around. Indents on the figure would be easy to remove, since they just involve machining down an area. Stuff that involves indents on the mould would require filling or full-on remoulding...

Heroic Warrior
    There are still 6 months until Hurricane Hordak. I don't think the molds are already done. A change like this should still be able to be done. But of course, there's the "all sculpts are final" mandate.

So I guess we'll have something protruding from our HH's back, and many difficulties for him to "drive" a vehicle. Same for Mantenna, Tung Lashor, Snake Face, Terror Claws Skeletor and Flying Fists He-Man ? That remains to be seen...

The "keep the big dials" policy won't encourage the fans to buy the vehicles either, because there's no point in buying vehicles that very few figures will be able to "drive". I wish Mattel would see that.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Flip it around. Indents on the figure would be easy to remove, since they just involve machining down an area. Stuff that involves indents on the mould would require filling or full-on remoulding...
    There are no molds made for Hurricane Hordak. He's still 100% a prototype. If they take a knife and clean-cut the dial off, all will be well.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I really like Hurricane Hordak especially when the final version gets the more metallic paint job.

I was surprised and happy to see Hurricane Hordak! He was my favorite Hordak as a kid and I'm looking froward to having him in MOTUC to stand alongside my Battle Armor He-man and Skeletor! I love the Vac-Metal choice for his armor, but could do without the big red dial on his back, it's fine either way as he still looks awesome.

I think there are two sides to every "OMG, you've got to change this figure NOW or my head is going to explode arguement." I kind of like the dial and if the Horsemen chose to design it that way, I'm all for keeping. Honestly, for those people who haven't been completely happy with a Classics figure since. . . well, ever? it might be time for you to move on from Classics altogether.

I don't care about the dial on his back, simply because I don't care for the figure. I don't like variants.

I don't like the dial.

If something really needs to be on his back, put something to hold the other two accessories.
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Totally unexpected! I love it!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Totally unexpected! I love it!
    I agree! I wasn't expecting him either and that just may be the best thing about him!

Great looking figure. I am very pleased.
    – No comment.

Definitely interesting figure! I never imagined Hordak to be a 'techno' guy. I prefer him much more the way his character was presented in MYP cartoon - a powerful dark wizard. That is why I wish Hurricane Hordak figure had an extra arm attachement: a regular hand. The armor is great! It will be cool to see him displayed with the metalic silver Horde crossbow from the first weapons pack! (... and I hope there will be a Horde crossbow released in the next weapons pack that matches the color that was used for vintage Hordak)

Either NO dial at all, or make it blend in with the armor. This "nod" to the vintage MUST be an april fools joke on this particular figure. Especially since one of the design laws for MOTUC was to remove all action feature levers, buttons etc. sticking out of figures.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Hurricane Hordak is growing on me now that I've seen close up pictures.
    I also like the arm a lot and the fact that he doesn't have a cape.
    Although I really dislike the huge dial a lot. So much that I've started a poll on it: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show....php?p=2684799

I'm not sure yet about the gold armor which I may decide to paint black.
    Before I decide to paint it, I'll have to re-watch Excalibur for my final decision thanks to Niki's post
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    the shining armor is much more appealing and reminds me of Modreds golden armor in Excalibur which simply looked awesome.

The gold gives him an even more superior look.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I think there are two sides to every "OMG, you've got to change this figure NOW or my head is going to explode arguement." I kind of like the dial and if the Horsemen chose to design it that way, I'm all for keeping. Honestly, for those people who haven't been completely happy with a Classics figure since. . . well, ever? it might be time for you to move on from Classics altogether.
    Wow, nice assumptions you make there about people that disagree with a cosmetic detail on a toy. I think your post could have been much less offensive and accusatory. My ignore list was looking a bit empty...

I don't like this dial on the figure as it looks out of place, serves no purpose, and will affect the figure's ability to sit properly in the vehicle(s) coming soon (unless they put an indent for the dial into every vehicle).
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Either NO dial at all, or make it blend in with the armor. This "nod" to the vintage MUST be an april fools joke on this particular figure. Especially since one of the design laws for MOTUC was to remove all action feature levers, buttons etc. sticking out of figures.
    Yeah, if they wanted to add a spikey "spine" on the back of the armor as a "nod" to the dial, then sure, go for it.

But to just sculpt an immobile duplicate of the original dial just "because" does seem to be completely missing the point or the Classics line to me.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I mean, one of the reasons why fans didn't want action features in the first place was that they didn't want bumps, buttons, levers and dials to ruin the figures look...

That's also how we got no action features (= cheaper figures to produce). But now, they still want to give us the useless, bulky dials and levers ? This is a nonsense ! And if they keep doing that, we'd have been screwed both ways : no action features, but still dials and levers ruining the look of the figures and the possibility to put them into vehicles !
    This useless dial is the stupidest thing i've seen. there have been a lot of things i've disagreed with but this is just a stupid decision. there is no good reason to sculpt this dumb dial on Hordak.

the 4 horsemen limit articulation for the sake of the sculpt (roboto, king hssss, leech) but now they are ruining the sculpt for the sake of nostalgia? it's nonsense.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    Hurricane Hordak is growing on me now that I've seen close up pictures.
    I also like the arm a lot and the fact that he doesn't have a cape.
    Although I really dislike the huge dial a lot. So much that I've started a poll on it: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show....php?p=2684799

I'm not sure yet about the gold armor which I may decide to paint black.
    Before I decide to paint it, I'll have to re-watch Excalibur for my final decision thanks to Niki's post
    You are welcome, i haven´t watched the movie myself for ages now but the second i saw the picture i saw Mordred in my mind, he also had that great helmet which is shaped like real face and he was a wicked guy.

Hordak is in great company there!

But if you do paint it black you have to show me i bet i´ll find another armor refrence than

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    The dial looks like a part of the armor and that is cool for me