Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HURRICANE HORDAK discussion

Anyone that was at the con know if the blades on the attachment on his arm actually fold in and out? It looks like each blade has has hinges but they are probably just sculpted and not functional. Just curious.

I hope they don't do the vac-metal. I think it looks cheap as hell.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I hope the vac-metal will hold on the soft armor. Or will they use the same mold for hardplastic?I donīt think the clasps will work with a harder plastic

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I think there are two sides to every "OMG, you've got to change this figure NOW or my head is going to explode arguement." I kind of like the dial and if the Horsemen chose to design it that way, I'm all for keeping. Honestly, for those people who haven't been completely happy with a Classics figure since. . . well, ever? it might be time for you to move on from Classics altogether.
    I've been happy with pretty much every figure so far, but I draw the line at an ugly and pointless dial
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    You are welcome, i havenīt watched the movie myself for ages now but the second i saw the picture i saw Mordred in my mind, he also had that great helmet which is shaped like real face and he was a wicked guy.

Hordak is in great company there!

But if you do paint it black you have to show me i bet iīll find another armor refrence than
    True, that helmet Mordred wears does look really wicket!
    Excalibur is a pretty dark and gory version in Arthurian Legend.
    I like "The Mists of Avalon" the best.

I'm still not sure about gold or black since Mordred wears a full plate armor that completely covers his body so I decided to make a really quick and sloppy mock up:
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

On the Dial: Those who don't like it better learn how to customize and Vac-Metallize armors. That's Toyguru's advice AND I QUOTE:
    I've seen the back and forth. Personally, I totally dig them. And I know Eric does as well, and he sculpts the figs and came up with the idea! So for those who are out on them, for the time being, you'll just need to learn to customized cause I don't think they are going anywhere for now.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

oh gee, he is such a nice guy, he really knows what to say and how to say it

^^^^sarcasm

how about this, I learn to not buy Vac-Metalized figures, I like that better.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    On the Dial: Those who don't like it better learn how to customize and Vac-Metallize armors. That's Toyguru's advice AND I QUOTE:
    So...if like 85% of the fan base absolutely HATED something, his advice is "live with it or fix it yourself"?

That's pretty brazen for a toyline that's success and longevity is solely determined upon making the customers/fan base happy...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

So, anyone knows how to vac-metallize at home? Cause that's what TG is suggesting Chop the useless dial and Vac-metallize the armor yourself...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    12. Is there a reason other than cost for why action-features will not be included? Action-features are the main feature for characters like Stonedar, Rokkon, and The Meteorbs.
    For characters that need action features to exist, we will look into snap on parts like an extra neck piece for Meckanek. The action features were eliminated to make the figures more collector friendly.
    I guess dials and such are collector friendly, but the fun actions behind them aren't. *shrugs* I'm really surprised there isn't a 2 inch lever sticking out of Clawful's hand.

I know there is a quote where Mattel said they wouldn't include levers and dials on the figures, but I can't find it in our Q&A's. Must have been from another site.

We need to make a searchable database out of all of the Q&A's.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; April 4, 2011 at 11:44pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i like the dial on his back and hope they keep it for production.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That's pretty brazen for a toyline that's success and longevity is solely determined upon making the customers/fan base happy...
    Um, maybe you should tell Mattel that...I don't think they know.

and Yay! Hurricane Hordak!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    So...if like 85% of the fan base absolutely HATED something, his advice is "live with it or fix it yourself"?

It really seems they are making MOTUC in their own image and if it fails and has any flaws, the customers/fans have to tough it up and buy it anyway.

It is really different for GhostBusters (looks at Winston Zeddemore GBII Slimeblower). They do listen what the fans say because they are afraid to test the waters to release a very inaccurate figure which was almost into production because they know GB fans will not buy it guaranteed even if it ends the line because most are getting fed up with cheap repaints. The majority wants Janine, Dana and the ghosts anyway.

MOTUC fans actually really care about the line and want it to last as long as possible to see most if not all of the characters which were in all the previous lines. This does seem to severely backfire where Mattel thinks they can get away with a lot of things like this which is one of those "Just like you remember! (This is a 1-up of the vintage with added articulation) And as an added bonus, we add all the buttons and levers just to remind you guys that it used to have an action feature! (which is non functional anyway and is very present which may offend half of the fans... but you guys buy it anyway!)". Which is true, we do buy it all because we're locked in the subscription! If we don't get a sub, we miss out on an exclusive figure which costs $50 at minimum on the after market and we have to deal with white screens of death, reloading pages while we are in the middle of entering the captcha, short stock with another boat coming with more product in 2 weeks which may prevent us from combing shipping with other items we want, sell outs while we are waiting for all the previously mentioned... That's a lot of headache for a toyline. The only bad thing about having the sub besides sometimes getting what you don't really want is that it's not truly "all in" because we still have to get those stands, accessory's, mini playsets & vehicles.

I'm locked in the sub so i get all the figures. I don't like to resell and trading sometimes costs quite a bit in shipping. At least I can customize the figure to where I will be satisfied, but what about the other fans that dislike it and what about future figures? Will fans get fed up where they eventually stop buying and the line gets killed? There are a lot of concerns and complaints because like I mentioned earlier, we care about this line to last!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

I know there is a quote where Mattel said they wouldn't include levers and dials on the figures, but I can't find it in our Q&A's. Must have been from another site.
    I'm sure I saw that somewhere too, real early on.

We need to make a searchable database out of all of the Q&A's.
    Yes, we do. I also would like a searchable database of all of ToyGuru's tactful responses which we can add:

Quote Originally Posted by ToyGuru
    I've seen the back and forth. Personally, I totally dig them. And I know Eric does as well, and he sculpts the figs and came up with the idea! So for those who are out on them, for the time being, you'll just need to learn to customized cause I don't think they are going anywhere for now.
    With.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind having the arm to swap between it and the hand arm on regular Hordak as a cannon, but I can live without the rest of this figure.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOYGURU View Post
    The important part of this quote is that it's the four horsemen sculpting this stupidity. they are to blame.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    The important part of this quote is that it's the four horsemen sculpting this stupidity. they are to blame.
    I love their sculpting "stupidity"!
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    Well, seeing as Mattel puts the kibosh on a lot of the non-vintage stuff they do. They might as well decided,to stick to 100% Vintage stuff to avoid Mattel's wrath and surprise us with stuff like Catra's Whip...

I miss the day in which surprises were things like MAA's back rack or Scareglow's CG reliquary instead of Huge back gears and Crab shields.

The best way to figure out what percentage of fans oppose or support this feature is to vote in the polls:

He-man.org dial poll

MattyCollector dial poll

Last edited by Zodach; April 5, 2011 at 12:57pm.

I love him the way he looks... period

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    The dial looks like a part of the armor and that is cool for me
    It does, does it not?

...Oh. No, it doesnīt. Itīs just a freakinībig dial sticking out of his back. It would look like a part of his armor if it werenīt read, if it had a purpose of being there or if it would have been implemented in the overall design. And the winner is... (drumswell)
    None of the above!

Heroic Warrior
    Originally Posted by ToyGuru

OK. That means I won't buy MOTUC vehicles. First, we already have loads of figures wearing a cape (and the cape is sometimes attached to their armor). Those cannot drive vehicles. Then, we'll have the "bigger bucks", like Leech, and we know those figures are hard to put in vehicles. Finally, we'll have figures with hunches (cf. Sy-Klone' back : there's a "hunch" to give space so we can attach his red blade) or with dials, levers and wheels (Hurricane Hordak is one of them). And those might have serious problems to drive a vehicle too. Mattel already screwed us with She-Ra 1.0 which can't ride Swiftwind... now, we actually TELL them ahead of time, and they just seem to tell us to **** off !

All in all, I really don't see a reason to buy a vehicle if there are only 2 or 3 figures that can drive it !

So I'll pass on vehicles, and I'll probably use that money to buy the new Thundercats Classic.

Plus, I think Toyguru's attitude stinks regarding the dial thing. And such arrogance and despise for the fans don't deserve my money.

Also, I think Toyguru's sentence saying "it's the 4 Horsemen who decided to keep the dial" is weak and cowardly. I'm pretty sure the Horsemen are actually coerced to sculpt the figures so they match the vintage ones like 98%. Before, the 4 Horsemen were adding cool little extras (200x heads, awesome accessories) that improved the figures. Now, they don't sculpt extras so much anymore, since Mattel refuses them most of the time... Clawful's shield and Megator's "secret accessory" are exceptions. And yet, Clawful's shield is cool, but a bit of a nonsense since the guy is almost fully armored.

NOTE : I edited the question I asked in WTFWTK since we already had an answer about the "dial gate"... I asked a question related to the vehicles and, hopefully, their ability to accomodate many figures instead.
    Last edited by Prahvus; April 5, 2011 at 02:44pm.

I think he looks cool. The dial doesn't bug me but I can see how others hate it. It is strange that one of the ideals behind this line was not to have action-features take away from the sculpts. Guess that went out the window with 200x inspired heads.

I kinda hope he either has a removable arm with replacement regular arm (doubtful) or a pluggable normal hand (more likely, but still doubtful). I also hope his parts are compatible with a certain robot and cyborg.

And while it won't happen I would really like "in motion" weapons. Kinda translucent blurry version of the propellor or mace so when posed it looks like his weapon is spinning in action instead of just sitting there. Maybe a third party (SpyMonkey) could tackle it...

Truth is...the org. Is very very small minority...if you dnt like it, dnt buy it! Iits the same with every figure and we know the same ones will complain each time...i love the dials just cause...i love my collection...not once have I complained bout my figures so much...they are toys...they are made by humans...suprise folks there will be mistakes....just part of it...dnt like it dnt buy...they will still sell out.

Heroic Warrior
    I like the dial.

It`s fun for me!