Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: HURRICANE HORDAK discussion

Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Damn Four Horsemen Sculpt-Ors! You give me some of the best MOTU product ever for the past decade plus and now you go and put an unnecessary big red dial on Hurricane Hordak's back that was on the vintage one even though there's no action features in MOTUC!

(before anyone gets too ****** at me, that was my attempt at an SCB-like sarcasm/joke post. Unfortunately, I'm not as good at pulling those off as he is so some people would probably take me seriously. )

I really don't care about the dial. It doesn't bother me but I can see how it would bother some people. It doesn't matter to me. It would be good nostalgia for anyone that really liked Hurricane Hordak back in the day though. I was more of a Buzz Saw Hordak guy myself.
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Were there as many complaints about Optikk's dial?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Good question. Actually, not from what I remember. I think most people thought it was funny or hilarious. I wasn't fond of it, but it wasn't "terrible" (as in, this giant thing that stands out like an eyesore) and I loved everything else about Optikk, so I kept quiet. Too many people were hating on him just because he was an "NA" character, so I put aside my little quibble.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Not that I recall.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

If anyone wanted to put the cape/cowl peice fro mthe original motuc hordak onto hurricane horda ki wonder if the dial would get in the way. anyone have thoughts on that?

I abolutely love the dial. I was not interested in Hurricane Hordak, but the dial makes me want it. I think I'll have to buy one when he's released.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Good question. Actually, not from what I remember. I think most people thought it was funny or hilarious. I wasn't fond of it, but it wasn't "terrible" (as in, this giant thing that stands out like an eyesore) and I loved everything else about Optikk, so I kept quiet. Too many people were hating on him just because he was an "NA" character, so I put aside my little quibble.
    I thought the Optikk dial was dumb.

I took out my vintage Hurricane Hordak to show my girlfriend what i was complaining about & when I showed her, the original dial does not stick out of his back.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post

(before anyone gets too ****** at me, that was my attempt at an SCB-like sarcasm/joke post. Unfortunately, I'm not as good at pulling those off as he is so some people would probably take me seriously. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I abolutely love the dial. I was not interested in Hurricane Hordak, but the dial makes me want it. I think I'll have to buy one when he's released.
    I think that may be how to do it CM!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    I took out my vintage Hurricane Hordak to show my girlfriend what i was complaining about & when I showed her, the original dial does not stick out of his back.
    Yes, you are completely right ! How dumb is it that the MOTUC figure gets a flaw that was actually inexistent on the vintage figure ?

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    I think that may be how to do it CM!
    I think you have a point, but I must say that I was 100% serious when I wrote that reply.

I love the goofy elements in the original MOTU toyline and to me adding a big non-working action-feature-wheel to a figure is, well, goofy. And I hope 4HM keep up with the goofy stuff - especially when they get to figures like Snout Spout, Rio Blast, Rock Warriors. I do understand that a lot of people do not like these goofy elements and I wouldn't be surprised if 4HM tone them down after the feedback they receive from this one, but to me these elements can be a reason to buy a figure.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Big dials like the ones protruding from HH's back should be avoided, provided there's an action feature related to them.

I mean, one of the reasons why fans didn't want action features in the first place was that they didn't want bumps, buttons, levers and dials to ruin the figures look...

But now, they still want to give us the useless, bulky dials and levers ? This is a nonsense !

I agree 1000%
    Tiny ones like Optikk's and Sy-Klone's are OK, but Hordak's really gives us the annoyance of kibble when there's no "added value" attached to it.

PLEASE LOOSE IT IF THERE'S STILL TIME! We're still 6 months from September so i think there is!

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Not a fan of the big cog but since I display my figs facing forward it doesn't worry me

I really hope the mold for this armor piece hasnīt been made yet, so the funds havenīt been spent yet.

Itīs just such a ridiculous decission to make a new armor with a big useless and annoying dial when the ones that care for the matter donīt want it and the other ones donīt see it because "their figures are being displayed facing forward".

Just use the regular Hordak armor. Please!
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I agree. if tooling dollars are scarce then why make a useless dial? I don't mind the dial but I think funds could be better spent on something else.

If it's vac metal, it's the dial is included in the tooling. It's not additional.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    If it's vac metal, it's the dial is included in the tooling. It's not additional.
    Well, it will require more work. They have to skip the dial when they vac metalize and then paint the dial. So, it probably will end up costing a bit more in the end. Probably not much more, but since it's a bit more time consuming and everything, I'm sure it will be a few more dollars.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Pretty sure they get a discount on the dial when they pay for the vac metaling.

I personally don't mind the dial at all. It's not like I'll ever pose him on the shelf with his back facing out, so I'll never see it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    The dials have gone beyond the point of stupidity. I thought the whole reason for no action features was to eliminate buttons, levers, and dials. Thanks 4H and Mattel. You have convinced me not to subscribe again as these figures become more and more "reprints" of the 80s figures. I will pick and choose and skip these types.
    Aren't they supposed to be "reprints" of the 80's figures though?...
    I Didn't Slap You! I High-Fived You In The Face!

I'm on Twitter: ThunderPunchU

Not fond of the dial. I'll not be taking him out of the package, so it should be fine.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Thanks, Skeletom! Another point to add to my list of why it was a facepalm decission to include the dial

1: MOC collectors will never see the dial. -> Dial useless -> tooling money burnt.
    2: People who display the figure frontal will not see the dial. -> Dial useless -> tooling money burnt.
    3: 90% of those not complaining about the dial say they will display their figure so that they wonīt be seeing the dial anyway. -> Dial useless -> tooling money burnt.
    4: 90% of those who care about the design and look of the figure complain about the dial. - Dial hated -> tooling money burnt.
    5: The dial on the original vintage figure wasnīt part of the design, but part of an action feature. The dial on the MOTUC version isnīt part of an action feature, but became part of the design. However, it looks totally out of place.
    6: Seeing how far the dial sticks out of the back, it is somehow safe to assume the figure wonīt be able to sit on a vehicle properly.

Tooling money has been allocated to a new piece of armor that obviously noone wants and/or needs. The dial doesnīt blend in at all.
    This money COULD have been spent for a new accessory, a new weapon or an additional head (e.g. Leech was supposed to have a second head, and heīs even scheduled for the same month!)
    Plus: The new armor piece most propably cannot be reused on any other figure, while a new weapon or accessory could, thus giving Mattel even more opportunities to make money off a new sculpt.

On the other hand, I think noone would have complained about the dial if it would blend in with the armor. Think of Man-At-Arms, the palace guards and Grizzlor. Make the back of the armor able to hold the accessorys and weapons, blend in the dial and you make 90% of your customers happy.
    Last edited by DJ Force; April 12, 2011 at 04:25am.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Mattel should have done an Hordak with a decent armour instead, just like how king hsss armour is made.

DJ Force, I'm not sure your numbers would really hold up. That's a lot of 90 Percents...

The Dial is in, the Dial's a Win. Sorry you guys don't get the kick out of it that I do!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Warrior
    You are concerned by the dial?

Better think, how the quality of the vac-metalizing will be...

Quote Originally Posted by He Man View Post
    Aren't they supposed to be "reprints" of the 80's figures though?...
    Nope, they are supposed to be homages. Taking the best from the original figures with slight improvements. In fact, one of the first things Scott said at the beginning of the line is that they were going to remove action features so they could lose the dials, levers, etc that interfere with the sculpt & design. We all see now that what they were really saying is "we lie & we are cheap".

Would you want a steering wheel on the passenger side of the car that didn't move or anything? Well, that is what these dials are... useless.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Truth is...the org. Is very very small minority...if you dnt like it, dnt buy it! Iits the same with every figure and we know the same ones will complain each time...i love the dials just cause...i love my collection...not once have I complained bout my figures so much...they are toys...they are made by humans...suprise folks there will be mistakes....just part of it...dnt like it dnt buy...they will still sell out.
    Wow, just wow... The Org is NOT a small community in the land of MOTU. It was actually here that Mattel announced the line and showed the first pictures. I don't think they would do that if we were so "small". Also, if the dial is a "mistake" then we have caught it in time and it can be changed. Hooray! I'm glad you like it, but that doesn't mean everyone will follow your opinion. Oh, and I think your "o" key is broken.
    Last edited by Lookie; April 15, 2011 at 02:29pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection