Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: HURRICANE HORDAK discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I'm guessing there's a 50/50 chance we get a Tung Lashor with that ugly stupid dial.

I imagine something along the lines of an official statement from Toyguru "We turned all the design decisions over the 4H and we were very surprised they went this route, but we all love it here at Mattel. It's so nostalgic, it really evokes the vintage line. I remember when I was a little kid I used to flip Tung Lashor's dial all day long."

Question: Any chance we can get a Tung Lashor without the hideous stupid dial later on?

Toyguru: "Nothing planned right now. This is your Tung Lashor, for better or worse. But you never know. Maybe one day. In the meantime, the 4H and myself love the dials so they are here to stay."

I still dont think it will happen, putting "dials" on armor is one thing, just putting it straight on a body, I dont see it
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I'm guessing there's a 50/50 chance we get a Tung Lashor with that ugly stupid dial.

I imagine something along the lines of an official statement from Toyguru "We turned all the design decisions over the 4H and we were very surprised they went this route, but we all love it here at Mattel. It's so nostalgic, it really evokes the vintage line. I remember when I was a little kid I used to flip Tung Lashor's dial all day long."

Question: Any chance we can get a Tung Lashor without the hideous stupid dial later on?

Toyguru: "Nothing planned right now. This is your Tung Lashor, for better or worse. But you never know. Maybe one day. In the meantime, the 4H and myself love the dials so they are here to stay."

i bet TG will save time and just copy and past that

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    I still dont think it will happen, putting "dials" on armor is one thing, just putting it straight on a body, I dont see it
    It's logistically possible. So be wary.

I'm locked into this guy with the sub, but I'm having a hard time getting into his design. I know he's a vintage figure and all that, but IMO Hordak in bright gold armor kinda kills his mojo. He just looks kinda dumb. It seems like too simple a variant.

I'm hoping I'll like him more when I have him in hand.

Perhaps the reason the dial is sticking out is because the figure has a working action feature and it's supposed to be a surprise. Hence why no samples have been sent out for review...
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

-Chancellor Palpatine

leave the dial. it's there for a reason.

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    The dial looks out of place as it serves no function and doesn't blend in. I think it is unnessessary. But I do like novelty and the nostalgia. So hopefully when Pixel Dan gets his review sorted I will be happier with the final product.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Vac metal armor, dial on the back.....I'LL PASS!

sadly it can't be taken out now, but Mattel and the Horsemen should STOP adding stuff that is reminiscent to the action features of ancient times that ruins the sculpt of the figures... I'm talking about dials, levers, buttons that do NOTHING because the figure has NO ACTION FEATURES tied to them...
    Extra accessories are OK in my book (like the Combweapons, or the blast cap ring)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by do4m View Post
    sadly it can't be taken out now, but mattel and the horsemen should stop adding stuff that is reminiscent to the action features of ancient times that ruins the sculpt of the figures... I'm talking about dials, levers, buttons that do nothing because the figure has no action features tied to them...
    Extra accessories are ok in my book (like the combweapons, or the blast cap ring)
    agree 100%! Accessories doesn't compromise the figure sculpt. They are welcome then.

And Clawful, one of the few figure with an action feature doesn't has any levers! Lol
    Last edited by Mamblo; September 9, 2011 at 09:37am.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I wouldn't mind the dial if it was sculpted as part of some sort of energy system.

Something like this would've been cool with me:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1315474175
    If they had done that, I'd have been fine with the dial. I still would have preferred him without it, but that would have been very neat in a vintage kind of way.

I just grabbed a HH on the secondary market. I chipped him when seeing how Hordak 1.0's cowl looked on him, turns out I didn't like it.

Then I figured I'd ask since it has been about 6 months since we've gotten vac-metal armor. How's is everyone's holding up? Did anyone put any sealer or anything on theirs and how did that turn out if you did?

I never really handled Hordak that often so in with that in mind HH should be ok. However, once Hurricane Hordak's armor starts chipping is it basically a done deal like one cannot stop the inevitable even if he's really not handled that often?

I checked this which discussed vac-metal in MOTUC and while it touched on HH it was more of a general pro's vs con's thread.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I have two and they're both in perfect condition with minimal handling.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    How's is everyone's holding up?
    I actually skipped Hurricane Hordak when he came out, but the recent Spy Monkey Armory gave me an incentive to buy him, so I just bought one MOC from an online toy store. Unfortunately, he arrived with a scratch on his stomach, just above the center of his belt. This bugs me more than I thought it would.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Then I figured I'd ask since it has been about 6 months since we've gotten vac-metal armor. How's is everyone's holding up? Did anyone put any sealer or anything on theirs and how did that turn out if you did?
    Mine is fine (Except for the missing red paint on his left eye-ball... but he came that way).

I have handled him plenty (lol), and changed the attachments, etc. I have no flaking or chipping on the armor.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

any1 got any pics of hurricane hordaks head on regular hordaks body?
    im not a fan of the heavy wash they put on regular hordaks head and it looks like hurricane hordak's head is a little simpler?
    do the heads even swap with their different cowl/cape situations?