Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44

Thread: Is anyone actually buying King Hsss from the April 1st sale?

  1. #26
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bremerton, WA
    Posts
    1,452
    I got one, and picked up an Evil Lyn as well since I like the figure and want one to open. Can't wait to get the Hssss to open.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

  2. #27
    Widget mummy-ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    I did. Even if it's wrong, it's still better than Ebay prices.

    I MIGHT be the only one.
    You are not the only one. I bought one too.

  3. #28
    Rebel Jubilation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,346
    I got one and can't wait for him to arrive. King Hssss is a great looking figure and I could'nt care less about the shoulders to be honest.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

  4. #29
    Heroic master of Nippes TuShan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    218
    Got me a second one too, because I want a second one to display in Snake form (with more snakes by combining my two Snake torsos). I will also use the second human torso to attempt a shoulder fix.
    Cheers,
    TuShan

    My Deviantart Page

  5. #30
    Heroic Warrior Rodster6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,363
    No way. I got one with my sub and wanted a second but I'm not buying a miss-assembled figure. If people are willing to buy faulty goods then they will continue to get faulty goods and get what they deserve really.
    Last edited by Rodster6; April 3, 2011 at 09:49am.

  6. #31
    Heroic Warrior Tundra_Torque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen, NC
    Posts
    1,444
    I bought another King Hsss on Friday. The shoulders don't bother me in the slightest. I just would like 2 figures - one to display as its human form and one to display as its snake form.

  7. #32
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Westchester County, New York
    Posts
    2,042
    Well, It comes as no surprise to me that a whole lot of people are still buying him even though he is in all actuality, "defective". I have learned that the love for this line alone will make buyers look the other way when it comes to figures having defects. Matty knows people will still buy them regardless of the lack of quality control... so they really don't care. It's all about the profits.

    It would be nice if he was boycotted and we all agreed not to buy him until they fix him... but Matty knows as I do that won't happen.

    Those who have bought him have the right to do so, but they are setting a precedence for Matty to continue to sell products with lack of quality.

    Matty should have recalled all the figures and fixed them. Then repackage them and sell them. They won't do that because they will lose money, and they can't do that... they would rather sell you figures with the arms backwards. Good business? Bad business? None of my business? You decide.

  8. #33
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    1,816
    I picked up 3 extra Hssss along with 2 Evil-Lyns and 2 Adoras. (I have 3 subs) But they are not all for me, also it was said that Hssss will not see a re-release until after 2012 at the earliest I believe? (can't remember exactly but I read it somewhere)

  9. #34
    Heroic Warrior demonicfirefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen, Wa
    Posts
    355
    I bought a king hiss, but the shoulders dont bother me, cause I got him purely for the snake form. The only human version of Hiss I want is the 200x version.

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior MOONCHILD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Almada; Portugal
    Posts
    536
    I would if he was on sale for half the price, considering the flaw (already admited by Mattel), or at least if we got a discount coupon.
    I must confess that I was tempted to buy another one to have both forms displayed, or to make a "custom job" but...

  11. #36
    Heroic Evil Warrior! Neutro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    LB, Cali-ternia
    Posts
    3,543
    For anyone still on the fence, I say GET HIM!

    Honestly. I hate these types of errors as much as the next guy, but this one really isn't very noticeable, at all. I mean I keep looking and looking at mine, and I really need to strain to see it as an error. I think all of his scale lines actually help mask the error quite well. So well that I can comfortably say the I am 99.99999% satisfied with this figure. Nah, just make that 100% satisfied. And I honestly think that 99.99999% of the fans will be too, once they've got him in hand.
    – No comment.

  12. #37
    Wraith Worshipper StaticX999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Hive Ship
    Posts
    2,473
    i love how people say a faulty product, like the legs weren't assembled or something

    plus if it is a poor sellout then they won't re-release him, cause he won't be in demand and those people who are throwing a temper tantrum don't get one, they may never do.

    i say their loss in the end.
    Last edited by StaticX999; April 4, 2011 at 07:14am.

  13. #38
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Winston-Salem Area, NC
    Posts
    4,508
    Quote Originally Posted by StaticX999 View Post
    i love how people say a faulty product, like the legs weren't assembled or something all i say is your loss
    Agreed. The product isn't "faulty" or "defective" as it retains all of its function. This Product is simply "aesthetically incorrect" in a minor way when compared to the original prototype.

    Does that excuse the situation for the 3rd time? No, clearly Mattel is at fault for this situation. This is something that they really need to get a handle on ASAP.

    But the Figure isn't broken. Mattel isn't openly selling an entire run of "Broken" Product at full price. "Incorrect" Product? Yes, but not broken.

    It should also be noted that the situation can be fixed fairly easily by the customer. Should that be the customer's responsibility after paying $20 plus S&H for this "Adult Collector" Figure? Absolutely not, but it does present people with an option so that they can make an informed decision that best suits them in the matter.

    At the end of the day, it's up to each customer to decide for her/himself whether or not they can live with paying for a product with this minor imperfection. I respect each individual's decision & reasoning in this matter.

    Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

  14. #39
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    149
    I picked anotyher one up as well.

  15. #40
    Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    424
    King Hsss is now listed as "sold out", but I'm going to have to call "bull****", as it was way too sudden to be a real sellout.

    I think that the rest of the stock will now be used for customer complaints (sans shoulder complaints), and in about 12 months time we can expect a reissue of Hsss, but without corrected shoulders. At that time, queue new fan complaints...

  16. #41
    waiting for Geldor Toymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Valley of Osgoor
    Posts
    6,041
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Beetle View Post
    King Hsss is now listed as "sold out"
    Shame, I was just considering getting a 2nd to show both forms, oh well, probably couldn't afford it anyway, I'll save up for the reissue
    Tweet Me!

    I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

  17. #42
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Westchester County, New York
    Posts
    2,042
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Beetle View Post
    King Hsss is now listed as "sold out", but I'm going to have to call "bull****", as it was way too sudden to be a real sellout.

    I think that the rest of the stock will now be used for customer complaints (sans shoulder complaints), and in about 12 months time we can expect a reissue of Hsss, but without corrected shoulders. At that time, queue new fan complaints...

    I was just thinking the same thing since all the other figures are now sold out.
    I find it a little too convenient for all figures that were for sale are now sold out.
    It's the constant BS that Matty throws our way that just annoys me.

    Quote Originally Posted by npbaity View Post
    Agreed. The product isn't "faulty" or "defective" as it retains all of its function. This Product is simply "aesthetically incorrect" in a minor way when compared to the original prototype.

    Does that excuse the situation for the 3rd time? No, clearly Mattel is at fault for this situation. This is something that they really need to get a handle on ASAP.

    But the Figure isn't broken. Mattel isn't openly selling an entire run of "Broken" Product at full price. "Incorrect" Product? Yes, but not broken.

    It should also be noted that the situation can be fixed fairly easily by the customer. Should that be the customer's responsibility after paying $20 plus S&H for this "Adult Collector" Figure? Absolutely not, but it does present people with an option so that they can make an informed decision that best suits them in the matter.

    At the end of the day, it's up to each customer to decide for her/himself whether or not they can live with paying for a product with this minor imperfection. I respect each individual's decision & reasoning in this matter.

    Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!
    It's all about semantics... Broken toy? No. Defective? Yes. The toy has it's shoulders on backwards which in my opinion makes it defective. However you say it's only aesthetic and does not hinder the operation of the toy. I agree... but the toy is not being sold in the form of the original prototype which is misleading.

    Roboto had the same issues and although people complained, they also said, "well.... I guess it's not too bad." And they dealt with it. The problem is this is the 3rd time shoulders are being put on wrong. It won't end because fans just accept it. Matty will continue to sell figures ass backwards because fans say, "awww that's ok... it doesn't look that bad... i'll just fix it myself."
    Last edited by mekaneckpain; April 4, 2011 at 09:13pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  18. #43
    Wraith Worshipper StaticX999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Hive Ship
    Posts
    2,473
    call me immature but i hope they don't fix the shoulder problem if it's re-released, that's IF, not noticeable and King Hssss is an awesome figure anyways.

  19. #44
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Winston-Salem Area, NC
    Posts
    4,508
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing since all the other figures are now sold out.
    I find it a little too convenient for all figures that were for sale are now sold out.
    It's the constant BS that Matty throws our way that just annoys me.



    It's all about semantics... Broken toy? No. Defective? Yes. The toy has it's shoulders on backwards which in my opinion makes it defective. However you say it's only aesthetic and does not hinder the operation of the toy. I agree... but the toy is not being sold in the form of the original prototype which is misleading.

    Roboto had the same issues and although people complained, they also said, "well.... I guess it's not too bad." And they dealt with it. The problem is this is the 3rd time shoulders are being put on wrong. It won't end because fans just accept it. Matty will continue to sell figures ass backwards because fans say, "awww that's ok... it doesn't look that bad... i'll just fix it myself."
    To be fair (& I greatly lament this), sadly almost none of these figures come out looking exactly like (i.e. as good as) the prototypes. This type of "misleading" really shouldn't be a surprise by now.

    I mentioned the fact that this is the 3rd incidence of this problem. I am all too aware of the history of this problem. I also mentioned that Mattel is clearly to blame and should address the situation ASAP. I'm not apologizing for Mattel and I certainly hold them accountable as much as the next person. Furthermore, they have publicly admitted the mistake and apologized for it. That's more than we often get from corporations. You can either accept the admission and apology or you can't. That's completely up to you and I respect your decision either way.

    The "Fix It" was brought up simply to remind people that they do have a choice in whether or not they want to display a "correct" loose human Hsss, sadly MOC Collectors are out in the cold on this one. I clearly stated that this was NOT an Acceptable Solution to the situation but simply an option. I don't know how much more open & honest I can be about the situation for you.

    Regarding the idea of a Total Recall or massive discount/refund on the figure that has been brought up by different folks over the past few weeks, it simply isn't feasible. We have been told time & time again that resources are extremely limited for this line & that many "good" things aren't "logistically" possible due to these resource limitations. I happen to believe that particular line of "Mattel-speak" though there are many other things that are said that I don't particularly accept at face value.

    Now if many "good" things aren't possible due to "logistics" even when everything is working as it should, imagine how devastating it would be for the line's "logistics" to have to recall & repair/scrap an entire run of figures. It could effectively cripple or even kill the entire line. I'm simply not willing to take the chance of adversely impacting the line in that manner because of this minor issue. Again, I am not apologizing for Mattel in this matter. That is simply my decision. Take it for what you will.

    As for minor aesthetic anomolies being a defect (semantics), let me just say that in your view, I would be defective, cause let me tell you, I definitely aint "pretty" and I can pretty well guarantee that I look nothing like "The Prototype"!

    The fact remains that Hsss is still a perfectly functional (if not perfectly prototype accurate, which almost none of them are) figure that can be posed and displayed in a variety of ways that still look good in many people's collections. It's not as though Mattel is knowingly selling these figures that have 4 left limbs or hands for feet or no torso or that fall completely apart upon contact with oxygen (although I sadly know that a few unlucky folks have received similar "defective" products from Matty in the past, i.e. The Goddess), the "pattern" on the shoulders is simply reversed. (In all truth, the bottom point of the "pattern" is about 1/8th of an inch from where it should be.) In my opinion, the "Loose Joint Issue" has been a much larger problem than this as the joints actually have an impact on how the figure performs/displays.

    As I stated earlier, each person must make their own decision in the matter. You can either live with it or you can't.

    Clearly, you can't & I respect your decision and the reasoning behind it.

    Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!
    Last edited by npbaity; April 5, 2011 at 07:19am. Reason: eYE Kaint Speel Guud!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •