Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.55!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.55!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 55 questions!

This round of questions were selected by lorde trooper,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!

-------------------

1. CarKrash:
    Last year there were two MOTU SDCC exclusive items (Orko + Adam and Mo-Larr + Skeletor). How many MOTU SDCC exclusives there will be in 2011?

We can confirm we will have two giant announcements to make for the brand at SDCC for the 30th! We will have two MOTU items. One will be a single figure with high piece count, the second will be a three pack. For more details stay tuned to Mattycollector.com!

2. Count Marzo:
    Are subscription exclusives accessories eligible for future Weapons Paks or are they off limits? I ask because Preternia He-Man has some really cool accessories with the Bionatops rifle and especially that Cosmic Key. They would be the highlight of a future Weapons Pak if they were included with a different color scheme.

They could be, but it is much less likely they will show up (especially the Cosmic Key as we really wanted that to be special for the subscribers). It is more likely the Bionotops gun could show up in a Pak. For the Key it is safe to say it will not show up again.

3. Prahvus:
    During New York Toyfair 2011 you were given a letter containing He-Man.Org fans requests for some practical changes design-wise. Do you have any comments about that letter or any news to give us about it? We'd sure appreciate your feedback.

The letter was excellent and very well written. Thank you. Some of the suggestions are actionable (like creating a new female buck which is already in the works) others, not so much (like removing the phrase “Made in China” on weapons, which is a legal requirement.

4. Niki:
    With all the talk about mini-comics characters and Filmation rights, I remembered the Rock People female in "RESCUE FROM THE SLIME PIT" comics and it's possible she is Granita. While she doesn´t look anything like her Filmation appearance, she is very prominent in that mini-comic.
    Is Granita a character available for MOTUC or does she belong to Filmation just like Octavia since there has never been a prototype for a female Rock warrior?

Granita specifically is a Filmation character but doing a female Rock Warrior that is not Granita is possible such as the one who appeared in the mini comics.

5. lorde trooper:
    I would like some clarification in regards to the Spirit Of Grayskull figure. I know there was one raffled off at SDCC and one in a charity event so my question is: For the Mattel employees whom received the Spirit Of Grayskulls, were they loose or in their standard King Grayskull packaging? There are Spirit of Grayskull figures showing up on the secondary market and there are questions about their authenticity.

All of the Spirit of Grayskull figures handed out to employees (and the one raffled at SDCC and auctioned at Dream Halloween) were in the box just like those sold at SDCC for the standard deco. The only one that was loose was the approval sample and that one is on Toy Guru’s desk! Only a very small number were made for employees, smaller then almost any other employee figure for any brand before.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 57!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 33.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 34.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 35.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 36.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 37.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 38.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 39.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 40.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 41.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 42.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 43.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 44.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 45.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 46.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 47.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 48.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 49.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 50.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 51.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 52.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 53.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 54.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 55 questions!

A Three Pack at SDCC! By the Goddess let it be the Star Sisters (if it is infact a MOTUC themed Three pack!) I can already hear Tallstar hitting the ceiling with excitement right now!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

WOW--at #1 !!! What could these be?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

A three pack! sweet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    A Three Pack at SDCC! By the Goddess let it be the Star Sisters if it is a MOTUC themed Three pack!
    *shaking* If it's not the Star Sisters, what else do you guys think can work as a 3-Pack?

On a side note, I'm a little confused by the response. Is the '2 giant announcements at SCDD for MOTU's 30th' thing separate from the SDCC exclusives?

Modulok or Multi Bot at SDCC? YES!

A single figure with a high piece count, eh?

I'm calling Modulok on this.

If so, what a great year for the Horde!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Is the '2 giant announcements at SCDD for MOTU's 30th' thing separate from the SDCC exclusives?
    I blooming well hope so. Giant is a pretty....well, giant word. Giant should equal something a little bigger than a special edition figure(s). What makes me think of something other than a figure is that fact that they used the word brand. One would think that that was referring to the MOTU brand as a whole. Then again, it is Mattel. Probably a MOTU bath towel.

As for the three-pack, I reckon Star Sisters. What else would be worthy of a three-pack?

I'm really looking forward to SDCC now. August will be a very expensive month with possibly Modulok/Multi-Bot, The Star Sisters, Man-E-Faces and Megator!!!

Bring them on!!
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by nanoFatato View Post
    Modulok or Multi Bot at SDCC? YES!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    As for the three-pack, I reckon Star Sisters. What else would be worthy of a three-pack?
    If one or both of these end up being true...

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I blooming well hope so. Giant is a pretty....well, giant word. Giant should equal something a little bigger than a special edition figure(s). What makes me think of something other than a figure is that fact that they used the word brand. One would think that that was referring to the MOTU brand as a whole. Then again, it is Mattel. Probably a MOTU bath towel.
    I figured it was something separate, 'cause they reveal the exclusives before SDCC, but then I was like: "But what does that first sentence have to do with the question?"

For the three pack, it has to be the Star Sisters. For the other, it has to be Modulok or Multi-Bot.

If not the Star Sisters, maybe something like Kowl, Cringer, and Gwildor? Surely not, though.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

The Star Sisters seem like the obvious choice but how about a Gwildor, Blade, Saurod three pack?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Or it could be Tuvar, Baddhra and Two-Bad. I can totally see Mattel's packaging engineers doing a three pack that shows Tuvar and Baddhra being merged into Two-Bad.

However, I would LOVE to see Tallstar change his avatar to the Tallstar figure's face if the Star Sister's are revealed.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Or it could be Tuvar, Baddhra and Two-Bad. I can totally see Mattel's packaging engineers doing a three pack that shows Tuvar and Baddhra being merged into Two-Bad.
    That would be awesome!

If it's not the Star Sisters, I'm going with a guess of Kowl, Loo-Kee, and Cringer 3-Pack!

HOLEY MOLEY...

Heroic Warrior
    Unless the plan on selling a $60 3 pack, then I don't see it being the Star Sisters. If they want to keep the price at say $25 to $40, I can see it being a 3 pack with smaller figures (Gwildor, Kowl, Loo-Key, old man Marzo, Odiphus), but since the Star Sisters are trademarked, I guess it's possible. I believe the figure with the high piece count will be Modulok' making 2011 the year of the Horde.

It MUST be Modulok. What other multi-piece figure (besides Multi-Bot) is there? There are two alternatives to Modulok or Multi-Bot that I could think of: Extendar and Rio Blast - who would require multiple pieces to replicate their special features MOTUC style.

As for the Star Sisters, this has been a fan demand for a while, and the 3-pack has always been amongst the speculation - Glory Bird would obviously be included as an accessory. The only alternatives I can think of to the Star Sisters are:

1. A 1987 movie 3-pack that included Blade, Saurod and Gwildor
    2. Horde Troopers (x2) with a Horde Commander
    3. A New Adventures Leader set with NA He-Man, NA Skeletor and Flogg (this one would make up for all the lacking presence of NA in the Classics line).
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Unless the plan on selling a $60 3 pack, then I don't see it being the Star Sisters. If they want to keep the price at say $25 to $40, I can see it being a 3 pack with smaller figures (Gwildor, Kowl, Loo-Key, old man Marzo, Odiphus), but since the Star Sisters are trademarked, I guess it's possible. I believe the figure with the high piece count will be Modulok' making 2011 the year of the Horde.
    I don't see why they wouldn't sell a $60 3-pack? Wasn't the DC Starro around that price last year? And Mo-larr was $40, and that was with another Skeletor that nobody wanted.

The only thing that I'm confused about is the different bios. Toyguru stated that one bio would be on the back of the SDCC exclusive, and then a different bio would be on the Matty site, for the same figure/figures?
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Heroic Warrior
    Good answers all over, this time around !

1. CarKrash:
    Last year there were two MOTU SDCC exclusive items (Orko + Adam and Mo-Larr + Skeletor). How many MOTU SDCC exclusives there will be in 2011?

We can confirm we will have two giant announcements to make for the brand at SDCC for the 30th! We will have two MOTU items. One will be a single figure with high piece count, the second will be a three pack. For more details stay tuned to Mattycollector.com!
    Modulok, Multi-Bot or... Mantenna (4 legs) should be unveiled soon.

And for the 3 pack, it can only be the Star Sisters (just trademarked), or Tuvar, Baddhra and Two Bad (no live trademark yet, except for Two Bad). Or, coming out of nowhere, we might get a Queen Marlena, Cringer and Young Adam 3-pack...

Very cool answer too about a possible female rock warrior !

P.S. : I also like how TG avoided to tell us what were the things that would be changed about QC in the letter that was given. I mean, what about the articulations ? What about the neck pegs ? What about painted hands ? At least, we know about the new female buck, and we also know there still will be "made in China" on some weapons.
    No answers on the QC proposals probably mean we won't see many changes in that department...

P.P.S. : an aftertghought... is SDCC the "30th", or not ? I thought the 30th was in 2012...
    Last edited by Prahvus; April 2, 2011 at 03:48pm.

Wow...what a day...Leech, Hurricane Hordak and an announcement of a three-pack!!!

Star Sisters spring to mind immediately- Shadow Weaver, Scorpia and Octavia would make a nice three-pack...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Oh yeah, that's true!

Or what if it's a Queen Marlena 3-Pack? Battle Armor, Green dress with red hair, and white dress with brown hair...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    This along with zodak74's idea seems to be the most logical money-wise for consumers. Albeit with what I'm averaging every month in payments for the subscription, I wouldn't be surprised if Matty has become emboldened in offering products and multi-packs at higher price points.

Great news about the Con exclusives! Strange answer about the Cosmic Key! We won't be seeing the cosmic key again? So…when Gwildor is made he won't be coming with a Cosmic Key??
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Great news about the Con exclusives! Strange answer about the Cosmic Key! We won't be seeing the cosmic key again? So…when Gwildor is made he won't be coming with a Cosmic Key??
    I think they were meaning that the Cosmic Key would NEVER appear in a weapons pack. If anything, the Cosmic Key will come with a black finish (instead of blue) when it's packed with Gwildor.

Heroic Warrior
    Strange answer about the Cosmic Key! We won't be seeing the cosmic key again? So…when Gwildor is made he won't be coming with a Cosmic Key??
    Yes, Gwildor will come with the cosmic key, but I remember that Toyguru stated somewhere that Gwildor's key would probably be based on the 80's toy key, which means it will be pretty different from Preternia Disguise He-Man's cosmic key.