Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.55!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    A Three Pack at SDCC! By the Goddess let it be the Star Sisters (if it is infact a MOTUC themed Three pack!) I can already hear Tallstar hitting the ceiling with excitement right now!
    I was thinking Star Sisters immediately! If not them, I have another idea...

Quote Originally Posted by nanoFatato View Post
    Modulok or Multi Bot at SDCC? YES!
    I thought this too! I'm kind of worried though, because I wanted multiples to make a big beast. I have like 11 vintage Moduloks or something and made a psycho best! I posted pictures of him here years ago. Man, I love Modulok and Multi-Bot!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    If it's not the Star Sisters, I'm going with a guess of Kowl, Loo-Kee, and Cringer 3-Pack!

HOLEY MOLEY...
    That was my other idea! Either Star Sisters, little guy 3 pack or Queen Marlena, baby Adam and baby Adora.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Great news about the Con exclusives! Strange answer about the Cosmic Key! We won't be seeing the cosmic key again? So…when Gwildor is made he won't be coming with a Cosmic Key??
    I was saddened by this too! Surely they remember there are TWO Cosmic Keys and not just one. I mean...we need TWO!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Yes, Gwildor will come with the cosmic key, but I remember that Toyguru stated somewhere that Gwildor's key would probably be based on the 80's toy key, which means it will be pretty different from Preternia Disguise He-Man's cosmic key.
    Ahh yeah…I remember that now! Thanks for reminding me. The way the question was answered just seemed odd to me.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Wow...what a day...Leech, Hurricane Hordak and an announcement of a three-pack!!!

Star Sisters spring to mind immediately- Shadow Weaver, Scorpia and Octavia would make a nice three-pack...
    Just the thought of those three in a single Filmation inspired 3 pack almost made me pee myself a little bit! But I am not holding out hope as all those characters would be massive sellers in their own right and I am sure Mattel would want to get as much bang for their buck as possible if they were to man up and get the Filmation rights to certian characters.

If it was a two pack I would have guessed at maybe Marlana and Cringer, with baby Adam and Adora as her Accessories, but a three pack...with the recent announcement of packaging changes re pink for POP MOTUC figures that we might see at SDCC, (then the Star Sisters TM and also the individual Sisters names also Trade Marked) for SDCC, well it does seem like it could be the Star Sisters. If it is the sisters, I bet they will come with a give away Glory Bird (ala Gleek). I think with the higher SDCC budget for the exculsive figures I really hope that we might see some uniquely tooled parts specifically for Tallstar and Jewlstar, primarly due to the fact they would be convention exclusives. Then later on down the line I wouldn't be supprised if they were released as single figures. I am sure a three pack is gonna be quite pricy which might put off a number of fans buying 3 such obscure figures all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Good idea's but it could also be the 3 Horde Shadow Wizzards!
    Last edited by Angel-T; April 2, 2011 at 04:31pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    The Star Sisters and Modulok has been trademarked, so I bet that both will be revealed. Im very happy.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I am totally confused.

Initially, a while back I'd heard that Modulok was going to be the SDCC exclusive.

That changes to Marlena & Cringer.

That evolved into Marlena, with space suit, and maybe or maybe not Cringer.

Then one of my sources told me that Toyguru was very displeases with all the leaks last year, so he purposely leaked incorrect info in an attempt to discover where the leaks were coming from.

I think that's a bit silly, as the feedback that is generated from leaks can be valuable to Mattel. But whatever.

Now I'm wondering if it's this:

Single figure with high piece count: Modulok

Three pack: Queen Marlena (green dress), Cringer, Astronaut Marlena Glenn.

We haven't been waiting "30 years" for Modulok. We haven't been waiting that long for The Star Sisters either.

I'd LOVE it if the Star Sisters were the three pack, but I don't expect that

One of the huge announcements might be the deal with Classic Media, and if it is, then a Filmation 3-pack would be excellent.

I don't know if anyone remembers , but on the Matty Forum months ago, Catra's Wrath started a survey asking what kind of Filmation themed three-packs people would like to see.

I am pretty sure that was just a dream kind of survey, but just sayin'...
    Last edited by bcrduke; April 2, 2011 at 04:22pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Good guesses being tossed-out that I didn't think of immediately. My brain was too scrambled with the possibility of the SS to come up with some other options right away. They do seem kinda unlikely so soon though, especially since they were just recently trademarked - the names tend to be in the database for a bit longer before we actually get the characters. But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Defenders of Good 3-Pack? j/k

Angel-T: Unfortunately, the pink packaging thing was an April Fool's Day joke response.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Then one of my sources told me that Toyguru was very displeases with all the leaks last year, so he purposely leaked incorrect info in an attempt to discover where the leaks were coming from.

I think that's a bit silly, as the feedback that is generated from leaks can be valuable to Mattel. But whatever.
    I keep thinking that, 'duke. Give false information to certain folks to discover where the leak on the MOTUC team is coming from.

We haven't been waiting "30 years" for Modulok. We haven't been waiting that long for The Star Sisters either.
    In the April 1st Q&As, it was revealed that the 30 years isn't literal. It could be Cringer, Marlena or the Star Sisters.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    On a side note, I'm a little confused by the response. Is the '2 giant announcements at SCDD for MOTU's 30th' thing separate from the SDCC exclusives?
    I am also a bit confused, in one of the Q&A's posted yesterday the person answering the question said that TG was getting a bit over excited after speaking to fans when he said "it's something we have been waiting for over 30 years for". But that it was from the time of the original line. It kinda read to me like they were trying to down play the comment a bit, but now there are again saying they have two massive announcements as if they are trying to raise the hype up again. I kinda feel a bit like a rabbit cought in the central isle of a motorway and not knowing which set of headlights to look at first. Is this really gonna be massive news?

To me massive news would be any of the following:

A new comic;

A new carton

A direct to DVD film;

The Sony MOTU movie being green lit;

A Castle Grayskull or Snake Mt playset for MOTUC;

Filmation character rights and full access to all the brands media such as all the comics and story books created

A unique Filmation inspired line of 100 % Filmation Accurate toys/ stactions/ statues;

Mini Comic reprints in a Trade Paper Back book;

Swords of Power and Protection Role Play items;

Finally Not Forgetting A MOTUC Shadow Weaver figure.

Hopefully one of these will be close to the mark.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

"30 years" hype has nothing to do with SDCC exclusives. There's SDCC MOTUC exclusives AND two big MOTU/MOTUC reveals at SDCC.

..or I read the answer totally wrong.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

True... The 30 year comment may have nothing to do with the exclusives. I think it does, but you might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    In the April 1st Q&As, it was revealed that the 30 years isn't literal. It could be Cringer, Marlena or the Star Sisters.
    I know, I read that

I feel like his comment about waiting "30 years" is more fitting for Marlena, or even Cringer, than for The Star Sisters though.

I never thought he literally meant 30 anyway
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    "30 years" hype has nothing to do with SDCC exclusives. There's SDCC MOTUC exclusives AND two big MOTU/MOTUC reveals at SDCC.
    Correct.

"We can confirm we will have two giant announcements to make for the brand at SDCC for the 30th! We will have two MOTU items..."

Two announcements will be made at the convention. The two items we will know about well beforehand and will be available at the show, so those wouldn't fall under "announcements."

True... The 30 year comment may have nothing to do with the exclusives. I think it does, but you might be right.
    Marlena, Star Sisters or another MOTU movie?!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    I am totally confused.

Initially, a while back I'd heard that Modulok was going to be the SDCC exclusive.

That changes to Marlena & Cringer.

That evolved into Marlena, with space suit, and maybe or maybe not Cringer.

Wouldn't it be funny if you'd got ALL the info & misinfo, making it useless as a means of discovering the hole in the bucket?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Or it could be Tuvar, Baddhra and Two-Bad. I can totally see Mattel's packaging engineers doing a three pack that shows Tuvar and Baddhra being merged into Two-Bad.

However, I would LOVE to see Tallstar change his avatar to the Tallstar figure's face if the Star Sister's are revealed.
    My thoughts exactly, if it is not the Star Sisters (please be Star sisters). Modulok must be the SDCC exclusive and if so the Horde is coming on strong this year.

Heroic Warrior
    Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Modulok=SWEET
    Star Sisters=Whatever

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    my idea for a 3-pack.

Horde Trooper, generic Snake Man, & Merfolk.
    Does Galactus fart?

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

We can confirm we will have two giant announcements to make for the brand at SDCC for the 30th! We will have two MOTU items. One will be a single figure with high piece count, the second will be a three pack. For more details stay tuned to Mattycollector.com!
    I bet one of yhe giant annoucements will be Granamyr:

Something fans have been waiting for 30 years!
    Not big as in mini-comics but would be bigger than Tytus!
    The G clue
    No US$ 60,00 oversized beast yet!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

I was absolutely convinced that Marlena would be the SDCC item. Now it might be the Star Sisters...and I am COMPLETELY ok with that. Bring whatever it is on..and fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if you'd got ALL the info & misinfo, making it useless as a means of discovering the hole in the bucket?
    That's quite possible lol

Honestly, at this point, if it's all incorrect info, that would mean the leaks to me would have been coordinated, and if they were, then TG and the sources need a better hobby

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Didn't they also say the packaing would be different on one SDCC item that was going to be sold on Matty's site? Was it the bio and packaging or just the bio? I remember TG saying MOC collectors may want both.

I just don't see there being two outright exclusive items for us to buy. Like if the single figure is Modulok, then I'd expect the 3pk will be repaints of some kind. Or if the 3pk is the genuine exclusive, then the single figure will be something oddball/different.

Hmm.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    Didn't they also say the packaing would be different on one SDCC item that was going to be sold on Matty's site? Was it the bio and packaging or just the bio? I remember TG saying MOC collectors may want both.
    Unique bio and pack out. I don't know if that means packaging (like King Grayskull's) or something like Orko with bio and Adam lying down and then the Mattycollector version would be Adam on card, Orko lying down (as an example).

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar

Now I'm wondering if it's this:

Single figure with high piece count: Modulok
    ...and my squeals of joy would go on into the night.

Three pack: Queen Marlena (green dress), Cringer, Astronaut Marlena Glenn.
    Really cool if it happens.

We haven't been waiting "30 years" for Modulok.
    Time passes differently for us here in "wanted a 200X update but also need a MOTUC Modulok-land", so it feels like 30 years.

I'd LOVE it if the Star Sisters were the three pack
    Brains would explode.

One of the huge announcements might be the deal with Classic Media, and if it is, then a Filmation 3-pack would be excellent.
    All body parts would cease to function, screams of joy continue for many moons afterward, mass flailing, "cats and dogs living together", etc.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Does anyone know how to submit a question, because I have things I've often wondered myself, like for example:

1. Why did Skeletor's face and hand need to change from Original to Battle Armor? He was perfect in his 2008 release.

2. When they make someone with fangs, like Hssss or Leech, why do the teeth need to be dull and round?

3. Why doesn't Sy-Klone spin?
    Randor: He-Man! You can FLY!
    He-Man: ... No...

Hopefully the announcements at SDCC will be the Filmation rights and the MOTU film confirmed for production (perhaps having access to Filmation characters would help with the movie?)

As for the SDCC exclusives I think it will be Modulok (single figure) and then the 3-pack will be Cringer, Kowl and Loo-Kee. I think the Star Sisters have been purposely trademarked so we think it's them (way too obvious in my opinion) But then again they would be best sold together as an SDCC item than take a monthly slot individually. This way non POP fans can pass on them.

or if we are going down the Queen Marlena train of thought.....what about Marlena (in green dress) Cringer and a King Randor repaint (in Filmation/Mini Comic type design/colours?)