Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.55!

Two SDCC Exclusives!!

I definitely think the 3 pack is some kind of combination of smaller figures like Kowl, Cringer, Loo-Kee, etc..

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    This way non POP fans can pass on them.
    All inclusive line. Sub holders didn't get to pass on Vikor, Gygor or other early concepts that were originally scrapped. The Star Sisters are at least OFFICIAL characters that appeared in media (cartoon, She-Ra magazine) and were coming. The She-Ra toyline just ended before they made it out.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thegrandchawhee View Post
    1. Why did Skeletor's face and hand need to change from Original to Battle Armor? He was perfect in his 2008 release.
    Lots of people didn't like them.

2. When they make someone with fangs, like Hssss or Leech, why do the teeth need to be dull and round?
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/For_safety_reasons

3. Why doesn't Sy-Klone spin?
    Mechanisms cost $$$ & interfere with articulation, and so this line goes without (apart from Roboto - but there, they spent so much time & money getting the gears right, even without them moving the head, that they skimped on other checks and so forgot to check the shoulders...)
    Last edited by Reboot; April 2, 2011 at 07:19pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Modulok seems likely to be the $25 item with a "large piece count". As for the 3-pack, I think it's likely to be of smaller characters like Kowl, Lookee, and Gwildor, for example.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    All inclusive line. Sub holders didn't get to pass on Vikor, Gygor or other early concepts that were originally scrapped. The Star Sisters are at least OFFICIAL characters that appeared in media (cartoon, She-Ra magazine) and were coming. The She-Ra toyline just ended before they made it out.
    I'm a POP fan! But the fact is some fans will not want the Star Sisters. Making them an SDCC item pleases everyone. I'm not saying they are any less worthy for a monthly slot, but not everyone agrees and the haters outweigh the lovers. Again I'm saying that as a fan of both MOTU and POP equally.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I feel like his comment about waiting "30 years" is more fitting for Marlena, or even Cringer, than for The Star Sisters though.

I never thought he literally meant 30 anyway
    Then again the Star Sisters were never made (just like Eldor and He-Ro) so a segment of fans has been waiting almost 30 years

If we are being nitpicky lol
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Let's face it, the answer to question 1 is all that anyone read. This is one of the few times where this thread has had so many posts in such a short time

It makes perfect sense for the SDCC Exclusive to be Modulok which is why I don't think it will be him. TG loves to play these games.

I give props to TG, he weathered the Reverse Shoulders storm and has once again recreated excitement with the Wondercon reveals and the anxiety of the SDCC Exclusives

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    He is sneaky cool like that, isn't he?

Wait a minute . . . TG said only 4 females this year, and we already have two. I'm leaning towards Cringer, Kowl, and some other creature three-pack.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I'm a POP fan! But the fact is some fans will not want the Star Sisters. Making them an SDCC item pleases everyone. I'm not saying they are any less worthy for a monthly slot, but not everyone agrees and the haters outweigh the lovers. Again I'm saying that as a fan of both MOTU and POP equally.
    That works for the Star Sisters too.

Not everyone likes Prince Adam and Orko
    Not everyone likes He-Ro

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Wait a minute . . . TG said only 4 females this year, and we already have two. I'm leaning towards Cringer, Kowl, and some other creature three-pack.
    Actually, he said "at least 4"
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Actually, he said "at least 4"
    Ah, that is true. But him saying that kind of levels the odds a little. Personally, I'd rather it be Star Sisters than have a creature multi-pack. I'd hate to have to buy a Loo-Kee, Kowl, and Cringer pack JUST for Cringer! Highly unlikely, however, that someone would buy the Star Sisters pack just for Jewelstar . . .
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I'm putting my money on a Tuvar/Baddhra/Two-Bad three pack...

Awesome news either way...this is a GREAT year for MOTUC!
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Heroic Warrior
    I am kind of split on this one. Assuming the single SDCC figure is either Modulok or Marlena like most people have been guessing, then I think the 3 pack probably would be either the Star Sisters, or a minis pack.

At first I thought the Star Sisters would be an odd choice, getting 3 prototypes out so early when we barely have any POP characters, but then I remembered that He-Ro also came out very early in the line as well. And it makes sense to package them together as that is probably how most people would want them. And even then if they wanted to, they could STILL release them as individual releases later down the road, no new tooling, just new packageing. I donīt know if it would be done as reissues, or variants, or what, but Iīm sure they could make something work, much like as if we ever got a single carded Adam sperate from Orko.

The minis three pack could also be true. However while I could see Kowl and Loo Kee in there, I donīt think it would include Cringer, but some other character (maybe Glory Bird?). Cringer, if done correctly, could probably stand as a single carded figure on his own. Kowl and Loo Kee couldnīt, and I donīt see who they would pack them with as they donīhave any direct connection to any of the other characters. (Kowl would have been perfect with Bow, but we know that is no longer possible.)Plus I donīt think they would include Cringer because although this is all the MOTUC brand, they are still labeling the factions, and so Loo Kee and Kowl would need the POP sticker, but Cringer wouldnīt fit into that faction. They could leave off the sticker, but then that alienates the POP fans. Therefore it makes sense to make sure all three figures are POP related. Plus if the single SDCC figure is more of a Masters related figure (like Modulok or Marlena), then it might be good to have a a POP SDCC exclusive as well. That way it attracts the attention of any casual female fans as well to the line (especially with She-Ra 2.0 and Swift Wind coming out soon after, as well as the She-Ra vs Supergirl 2pack). Plus the three pack is the best way to make sure all three characters get bios as if they were just a pack in with a single carded figure, they wouldnt fit the bio on the package (much like with Orko how they skipped Adamīs bio. It wasnīt as a big a deal with him because a lot of it was covered in He-Manīs bio, these other characters wouldnīreally fit into someoone elsesīs bio.)

Star Sisters would be cool but I'm not sure if Mattel would be brave enough to do that. When they got so much grief for Bow, I can't imagine the vile things POP haters will say about a 3-pack of obscure female characters.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Star Sisters would be cool but I'm not sure if Mattel would be brave enough to do that. When they got so much grief for Bow, I can't imagine the vile things POP haters will say about a 3-pack of obscure female characters.
    But then thats why they put a character like Modulok as the other exclusive, a straight up old school character to please the hardcore vintage fans. That way even if they skip the three pack, there is still something to please everybody.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I thought the "PoP haters" loved Bow? Personally, I'm very disappointed they felt the need to "200X" him, but went 100% vintage with Leech and Roboto and keep dials instead of things like, Bow's vintage chest armour and boots.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Of course, one little thing if the three-pack IS the Star Sisters... that would use up Toyguru's "at least four females" and more. After that, it'd just be the bonus She-Ra 2.0 for 2011 - no Marlena, Glimmer, MYP Evil-Lyn, et al...

Those PoP haters don't have any commitments to have the Star Sisters in their collection if they are released as an SDCC exclusive.

Don't you think the haters would be more upset if the Star Sisters were released as single carded figures, each in a monthly spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I thought the "PoP haters" loved Bow? .
    Some people changed their opinion of him due to the MOTUC toy, but there were still plenty of people who acted like getting him in the subscription or having him in MOTUC at all was like being hit in the face with a 2x4.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Those PoP haters don't have any commitments to have the Star Sisters in their collection if they are released as an SDCC exclusive.

Don't you think the haters would be more upset if the Star Sisters were released as single carded figures, each in a monthly spot?
    I guess, but there are some people who hate She-Ra & friends enough that the very idea of a POP 3-pack might turn them off this line completely. I hope I'm wrong but I'm sometimes surprised at how much venom some people have for POP.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; April 2, 2011 at 09:37pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

WOW...a star sisters three pack would be amazing but I'm thinking no since its way too obvious. It would be beyond cool though. And I'd be totally ok to not get anymore females this year.

I'd prefer if Modulok was not released this year. We are already getting Catra and Leech...plus Grizzlor last year. I LOVE the Horde but we still have 6+ years of this line planned...we cant get all of the heavy horde hitters out so soon. I was expecting maybe one a year (with the possibility of a lesser known Horde member coming out the same year as Catra and Entrapta). I think we should save Mantenna and Modulok for down the road. The Horde Troopers can come out in 2012 and the other popular Horde guys can be held hostage.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    HD video game?

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeTeela View Post
    WOW...a star sisters three pack would be amazing but I'm thinking no since its way too obvious. It would be beyond cool though. And I'd be totally ok to not get anymore females this year.

I'd prefer if Modulok was not released this year. We are already getting Catra and Leech...plus Grizzlor last year. I LOVE the Horde but we still have 6+ years of this line planned...we cant get all of the heavy horde hitters out so soon. I was expecting maybe one a year (with the possibility of a lesser known Horde member coming out the same year as Catra and Entrapta). I think we should save Mantenna and Modulok for down the road. The Horde Troopers can come out in 2012 and the other popular Horde guys can be held hostage.

Ok i see Mantenna and Modulok as both being hugely popular but i think Mosquitor would be too as well as Multibot. Then there is still Dragstor, Calix, and Entrapta. But if they have acquired the Filmation rights u gain several Horde memebers Dylamug, Vultak, Octavia, Scorpia & SHADOW WEAVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    My question actually got picked and that damn CarKrash's stole the show this time around.
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

At first I thought it was a typo and he meant high price count, but a Modulok would be welcomed but surprising as they already have Catra, Leech and Hurricane Hordak all the same year. But they get a bigger budget for Comic Con, so doing Modulok would be smart, but I would think it would be above the $25 amount as well as the 3 pack, but we will see.

I would be surprised to see The Star Sisters as a 3 pack, as majority of the Con would have no idea who they are and would not buy them. But a Cringer. Kowl and Lookee 3 pack will have the lines around the block and that's where my bet is.

And I still don't know who the Star Sisters are despite the daily post about them by Tallstar.