Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.55!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    And I still don't know who the Star Sisters are despite the daily post about them by Tallstar.
    Tallstar, Starla and Jewelstar.

Grows tall = lookout, dazzles with stars that blind people (the leader), turns into a jewel and hypnotizes people. Now you're pretty much caught up.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

What about the old stuff....

I Didn't Slap You! I High-Fived You In The Face!

I'm on Twitter: ThunderPunchU

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Tallstar, Starla and Jewelstar.

Grows tall = lookout, dazzles with stars that blind people (the leader), turns into a jewel and hypnotizes people. Now you're pretty much caught up.
    No wonder I had no idea who they were, I watched every MOTU/POP episode when I was a kid, re-watching them here and there as an adult, but after some research I learned Chef Allen and Sorrowful the Dragon had more screen time, lines and a significant role then the Star Sisters. I don't understand what all the hype is about with them.

http://www.darah.com/she-ra/usrg/reb...tarsisters.asp

I would be highly upset to get 3 meaningless characters over 3 iconic ones in Cringer, Kowl and Loo Kee. Did they at least have a meaningful role in the magazine to change my mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Star Sisters would be cool but I'm not sure if Mattel would be brave enough to do that. When they got so much grief for Bow, I can't imagine the vile things POP haters will say about a 3-pack of obscure female characters.
    They can never get as much grief as they did from the uber bomb which was Mo-Larr
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by He Man View Post
    What about the old stuff....
    Wow, those are great ideas. I can see Matty doing three redecos as a 3-pack for SDCC. MEF is a great candidate too - maybe his cardback color scheme for the 3-pack since the subscription MEF is looking more like the toy colors from the Wondercon pictures.

My preferences for the SDCC 3-pack:

1) Tuvar, Baddhra, and Two-Bad
    2) Horde Troopers
    3) Cringer, Kowl, and Loo-Kee
    4) Star Sisters

I really hope Modulok is the single SDCC exclusive figure. All we would need is Mantenna to complete the first series of vintage Horde figures.

My head is about to explode from all the good stuff being revealed this weekend. Joecon has had great GI Joe reveals and Wondercon with the surprise MOTUC and Batman Legacies Batgirl reveals and now all this info from Q&As.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

No wonder I had no idea who they were, I watched every MOTU/POP episode when I was a kid, re-watching them here and there as an adult, but after some research I learned Chef Allen and Sorrowful the Dragon had more screen time, lines and a significant role then the Star Sisters. I don't understand what all the hype is about with them.

I would be highly upset to get 3 meaningless characters over 3 iconic ones in Cringer, Kowl and Loo Kee. Did they at least have a meaningful role in the magazine to change my mind?
    You should know by now that just because they make figures of A, B and C...that does not mean we will not get D, E and F.

A Kowl, Loo-kee and Cringer pack would be nice and I would love all of them but really wouldnt really make sense. It would be like Glimmer, Ram-Man and Flogg coming together.

And since we got He-Ro and Mo-larr I dont think significant roles in the classic cartoons is a deciding factor on SDCC exclusives or MOTUC figures in general (Gygor??).

Not every character is going to appeal to every fan in the same way. Even completists arent going to love all of the figures 100%. Trying to understand the hype or why certain people like or want the things that they do is an exercise in futility.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Well, their first and only appearance was Mattel saying "put them in to sell toys" so...they put them in!

Here's a bunch about them at TheFwoosh right now:

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/04/the-pop...e-star-sisters

I like them. I like Double Trouble too! She was never on the show and didn't get much "screen time" in any media, but she's an awesome concept.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I have a new guess:

"Single figure with high piece count" could be Oo-Larr.

That would allow them to re-use the statue. Just give him longer hair.

He'd have bare feet with switchable lower legs (boots). He'd also have a spear, the sword & sheath from the cave in the mini-comics. He could also come with the rest of the Weapons Rack weapons that won't come in silver on the pack.

My hope?

Marlena with Space Suit (for high piece count... Of course, Cringer could STILL be part of that high piece count).

&

The Star Sisters (for the 3-pack).
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Movie mayhem!
    I would be sooooo disappointed if it was oolar after tg's description.

The first thing I thought of regarding a three-pack was the Star Sisters, but I automatically doubted it. Just because it seemed obvious. What other three-packs could they do? Rock People with female Rock Warrior (wasn't there recent speculation about a female-sounding 'rock' name that was just trademarked?), small-scale character three-pack (I remember TG asking if fans would like an Orko/Gwildor two-pack, so maybe we could get three random small characters together), hopefully not an Adult Swim three-pack of sorts!, Marlena could have 3 looks - Queen, Astronaut and Battle Armor (but I doubt it), Trollan thee-pack?, Turned-Snake characters three-pack (hope not!), Three-pack of The Eldors? (that would be cool).. just brainstorming... Is there an army-builder pack that would warrant three, rather than two? I feel like there's something I'm not thinking of. Maybe it IS the obvious Star Sisters..?

Heroic Warrior

Well... Here's a question that may put it in better perspective for you.

Would rather....

A) Have all three Star sisters released at the same time in convention set you could easily skip...

OR....

B) have them take up three monthly slots?

I really have no attachment or interest in characters that obscure either... but since I'm not a fan of convention stuff ANYWAY, it seems like a good way to release them. First of all people who ARE fans can get all of them at once, thus avoiding the concept of 'Well... the first one didn't sell too fast, lets never complete the set."

If it sells good, Fine... if it bombs badly... Oh well, the people who wanted her got them and they never have to do a 3-pack again.

To be honest, I haven't gotten a SDCC figure yet... Though I STILL want to get myself an Adam!!

Dunno if this helps, but the Star Sisters are part of a feature story in issue #11 of the Masters of the Universe Magazine (1987).

Feature Story II: She-Ra in "A Summer Search"

In this illustrated text story, which looks as though it was lifted directly from an unpublished issue #7 of She-Ra Magazine, Adora, Bow, and Glimmer discover that the Star Sisters are missing, and that enormous chunks of their home, the Crystal Cavern on Sky Dancer Mountain, have been chopped out and carried off somewhere. The 3 set out to find their missing friends, and uncover some strange clues, including remnant shards of crystal at Catra's tree-house, a mysterious burst of light in the Whispering Woods, and a maniacal laugh from a shrouded glen. Setting up watch at the Crystal Cavern that night, She-Ra and her friends confront a surprise visitor: Jewelstar! Working for Catra, who holds her sisters captive, a terrified Jewelstar has been forced to harvest the cavern's crystals for Catra, for use in Horde weaponry! The princess of power develops a sting: while Jewelstar and She-Ra confront Catra, Glimmer and Bow invade the dark clearing, and free Starla and Tallstar from Entrapta's clutches. Tallstar hangs the tressed troublemaker up by her braids, and She-Ra puts the cat in a bag, and sends her out of the Whispering Woods bundled on Storm's back. The Star Sisters return Catra's stockpiled crystals to their cavern, and thank Etheria's heroes for re-uniting them. "That's what friends are for," She-Ra replies.
    ...and in Princess of Power Magazine Issue #6 (1987).

Feature Story: "The Path to Nowhere"

Hordak and the Evil Horde are mentioned for the first time in a She-Ra Magazine story, as Catra's role as a Horde spy is touched upon. The story finds She-Ra and Swift Wind, along with their new friends, the Star Sisters, searching the perimeters of the Whispering Woods for the secret trail that Catra has been using to infiltrate the bastion of the Rebellion. Splitting up to cover more ground, She-Ra and Swift Wind find themselves stranded in the Woods of Despair, a desolate, hope-draining forest. Only by raising her sword with an invigorating burst of light, are horse and rider able to move on, escaping a sure destruction. Meanwhile elsewhere, the Star Sisters locate Catra's secret trail. Standing taller than the trees, Tallstar also notices Catra and Entrapta approaching from the direction of the Fright Zone. Glory Bird flies to summon She-Ra, who arrives with a plan. Working quickly, the team rearranges the landscape, then goads the villains into chasing She-Ra and Swift Wind down the newly-altered path. Once out of their sight, Swift Wind takes to the air, while Catra and Entrapta follow the trail, directly into the Woods of Despair. Teamwork carried the day, as the combined forces of She-Ra and the Star Sisters have managed to banish Catra's evil plots from the Whispering Woods.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    My question actually got picked and that damn CarKrash's stole the show this time around.
    I liked your question (thats why i chose it) and his question stole the show over my question aswell.

Ok, 2 annoucements, im really hoping it is a green light for the movie, script has been offically panned out and production started. Also a new comic series annouced.

For the single carded figure with a high piece count, now keep in mind whatever is sold at SDCC it will be sold on mattycollector, remembering he-ro with the SDCC logo on his chest and orko with the plain only version on matty, if it is modulock then maybe he will have extra parts only exclusive to SDCC where the matty version will have same amount of pieces just not certain ones. Possibily some translucent parts. Modulock would be awesome to have.

As for the 3pk it may be the star sisters, yeah matty could sell them individually and put them at the back end of the sub so no-one knows they are getting them but if they are the SDCC you may have people wanting to buy them because they are the exclusive, scalpers will anyway so i doubt matty will get stuck with stock.

Would love it to be Marlenna in the space suit, green dress marlenna with cringer.
    Last edited by lorde trooper; April 3, 2011 at 06:43am.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by hemix View Post
    The first thing I thought of regarding a three-pack was the Star Sisters, but I automatically doubted it. Just because it seemed obvious. What other three-packs could they do? Rock People with female Rock Warrior (wasn't there recent speculation about a female-sounding 'rock' name that was just trademarked?), small-scale character three-pack (I remember TG asking if fans would like an Orko/Gwildor two-pack, so maybe we could get three random small characters together), hopefully not an Adult Swim three-pack of sorts!, Marlena could have 3 looks - Queen, Astronaut and Battle Armor (but I doubt it), Trollan thee-pack?, Turned-Snake characters three-pack (hope not!), Three-pack of The Eldors? (that would be cool).. just brainstorming... Is there an army-builder pack that would warrant three, rather than two? I feel like there's something I'm not thinking of. Maybe it IS the obvious Star Sisters..?
    My question about the female Rock warrior was picked and answerd but well...

And i thought about the rock warriors with "Rockseena" as the third member too but as i recall Rokkon isnīt trademarked so itīs very unlikley that they are the three pack.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    My question about the female Rock warrior was picked and answerd but well...

And i thought about the rock warriors with "Rockseena" as the third member too but as i recall Rokkon isnīt trademarked so itīs very unlikley that they are the three pack.
    I was excited to pick this question as the rock people are among my favs, always wanted a female rock warrior, wouldnt want her in a 3pk, just on a single card.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    I was excited to pick this question as the rock people are among my favs, always wanted a female rock warrior, wouldnt want her in a 3pk, just on a single card.
    Thank you for picking my question and i was happy about the answer too:

Granita specifically is a Filmation character but doing a female Rock Warrior that is not Granita is possible such as the one who appeared in the mini comics.

The answer is exactly what i hoped for and you are right singled carded would be even better!

Great news on the SDCC exclusives.

Modulok and the Star Sisters are the obvious ones and I'd be happy with both of these as it may be the best way to do both of them.
    Modulok would would have a lot of part so they probably couldn't do it as a $20 monthly figure. I hope he comes on a card and not in a window-less box like the vintage one.
    And I agree with blackiecats on the Star Sisters. Some people aren't bothered about POP let alone POP figures that were never release and are so obscure, so if they do them as an exclusive those people aren't locked into getting them with the sub. Hope Glory Bird come with them as an accessory.

I wouldn't be fussed about a movie three pack, I want those guys on single cards, but a Tuvar, Baddhra, and Two-Bad pack would be awesome!

The only thing that throws me is ToyGuru said a while back that one of the exclusives would have a different bio on the SDCC and Matty Collector versions, which is one of the reasons we all thought it was Marlenna.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Great news, I can't wait until SDCC. The star sisters and modulok sound like good guesses myself. Either way I'll be excited for whatever they are. I doubt it will be Oolar but I can't wait for him nonetheless. Also I thought the Molar 2 pack was cool; it looked awesome and was really funny.

Heroic Warrior
    So do we take the first clue for the SDCC and throw it out the window? The first clue stated that the bio would be different for the SDCC and mattycollector versions AND that it would be a $25 figure. Which is why I thought of Stinkor, similar to Orko and Adam.

Or can it be included into the new clues? One with a high piece count would put it at $25. But why would Modulok need two different bios?

In regards to the Star Sisters as the 3-pack, consider the following:
    three months left to be revealed (Oct-Dec):
    1) one of them is a Heroic Warrior
    2) one of them is a Galactic Guardian
    3) at least four females this year; two down, two or more to go

If the 3-pack clue is NOT alluding to the Star Sister for a SDCC exclusive then I'm clueless. To make them a special release item later in the year, along with the first vehicle, would be a heavy second half of an year!

This would also mean no Marleena for 2011!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MLBfan View Post
    So do we take the first clue for the SDCC and throw it out the window? The first clue stated that the bio would be different for the SDCC and mattycollector versions AND that it would be a $25 figure. Which is why I thought of Stinkor, similar to Orko and Adam.

Or can it be included into the new clues? One with a high piece count would put it at $25. But why would Modulok need two different bios?
    Who says the character NEEDS two different bios? They could simply... have... two different bios.

Just to recap...

We're getting two SDCC exclusives. - A 3-Pack and a single figure with a high piece count.

Mattel has Big plans for Battleground Teela.

Mattel has two GIANT announcements to make for MOTU's 30th anniversary.

I have a feeling I'm gonna need an ambulance on standby when SDCC rolls around.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    My question actually got picked and that damn CarKrash's stole the show this time around.
    , im just now finding out how much buzz my question created.. I think my question wasn't even picked originally, but Uncle Montork threw it in there because a different question that was picked was already answered or asked before..

i think it would be a great idea if the sdcc three pack was actually a true "buddy pack" in the sense that each character included would be related to a character already released. my thoughts are cringer, catra's cat-form, and kowl.
    ...and as for the single figure with the "high piece count" ... definately modulok!
    "I'm so excited. I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it. And I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I want Cringer!" lol
    Check out my MOTUC stop motion animations @
    www.youtube.com/toyhousefeatures

I really need to lay off the forums. I don't think I've dreamed about MOTU since I was a kid(if even then), but I dreamt about it last night. ToyGuru was yelling at me for my question and called me a jerk. I didn't even have a question picked.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Just to recap...

We're getting two SDCC exclusives. - A 3-Pack and a single figure with a high piece count.

Mattel has Big plans for Battleground Teela.

Mattel has two GIANT announcements to make for MOTU's 30th anniversary.

I have a feeling I'm gonna need an ambulance on standby when SDCC rolls around.
    I know. I hope Mattel don't underwhelm, like they have so many times in the past.