Thread: WTFWTK 2.57 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.57 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by zodak74,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Scorpia:
    Master Sebrian is mentioned by name in Staghorn's classic toy cardback bio. Is he available to be made in MOTUC?

2. Kagamigod:
    In the MOTUC story, did The Goddess disappear or stop existing after Adam reclaimed the sword halves and became He-Man... or is she still in the picture somehow?

3. Eterniandreams:
    Now that King Hssss' shoulders are manufactured wrong and recreating them in the near future is not an option, does that mean that characters that may be planned to reuse those same parts (for instance Kobra Khan, Rattlor, etc) will be delayed to fix the reversed shoulder problem, or will they also be released with incorrect shoulders?

4. Dynamo Of Eternia:
    Regarding She-Ra 2.0, it has been stated that she will not come with a Style Guide tiara like the first release did, and that people will have to use the tiara head from She-Ra 1.0 on She-Ra 2.0 to get that look.
    Are there more changes to her body, and if so which incarnation of the character will the rest of her body will be based on? I think fans of the Style Guide version of She-Ra won't be too happy if the version that will sit atop Swift Wind is based on the classic toy's look.

5. Prahvus:
    I know vehicles will only begin at the end this year (1 vehicle for 2011). Since some figures that were only prototypes or concepts in the 80's made it into MOTUC (He-Ro, Vikor), I was wondering if it could be possible for us to see, somewhere and some time down the line, 80's vehicle prototypes or concepts coming to plastic life in MOTUC.

--------------

So ask those questions!

Hurricane Hordak looks great, but one question I have is... vac-metalized armor like the classic figure- is this a possibility? Mostly asking because Entrapta's classic toy (as well as Mekaneck's goggles) featured this, and it would be great to have them appear in MOTUC with vac-metalized parts instead of a dull matte paint job as seen on HH at Wonder Con.

Great reveals yesterday, but quite a few people have an issue with Leech's head sculpt being too big for the body. Is it too late to ask for changes on him? And secondly if it is, is there a reason the head was made as big as it is?

Mo-Larr was met with mixed reactions. I, for one, really enjoyed his inclusion in the line.

Has this experience with Mo-Larr soured you on releasing any further "celebrity" MOTUC figures in the future and are there any characters that could actually fall into this category?

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Some vintage accesories like Tower Tools, Cliff Climber, Scubattack and the Stilt Stalkers are cool to include in MOTUC, but they are too generic.
    Is there a chance to get this accesories with new characters created in exclusive for using these accesories?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    You have said Mini-comic characters are an available option for figures. With that in mind what do you think about the possibility of the warrior in yellow who is participating in a tug of war against He-man in the mini-comic Skeletor's dragon being a figure? He's obscure but I think something can done with him. Also is there any possibility of a male non-sorceress mini-comic Zoar being made? A possible Oo-lar pet.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ler00_full.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ge064_full.jpg
    Last edited by mick4metal; April 13, 2011 at 05:44am.

Heroic Warrior
    We learned about the Faceless One two years before he was slated to be released (may 6, 2009).
    Could we now find out what April 2013's figure is slated to be? It was pretty fun to have that countdown marker.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Heroic Warrior
    Dear Toyguru,

I have an important question about the coming MOTUC vehicle(s) :

can you please make sure many figures will be able to "drive" the vehicle(s) properly, and that the vehicle(s) is/are made to accomodate many figures ?

I mean, we have quite a lot of figures with capes (the capes are sometimes attached to their armor). Hard to put them in a vehicle...

Then, there will be the inevitable "larger bucks" (Leech, Ram Man, Extendar...), and we know those are a real challenge to put in vehicles.

Finally, there are the figures with "hunches" (cf. Sy-Klone's back), wheels, levers and dials. More figures who probably won't fit in a vehicle...

We tell you this AHEAD OF TIME, so you can think about it and find a solution with the design team. We don't want to get more bad news like we had with Swiftwind needing a She-Ra 2.0...
    Last edited by Prahvus; April 5, 2011 at 02:41pm.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    As a kid i always like many thousands of other kids collected trading cards, what are the chances of getting highly detailed trading cards with power rating on the backs so on one side you have a great quality picture and the other side enough info you can play battle games with your cards, possibly by just rolling dice. In a movie year could this be an option
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Subscribe to stay alive! Zargon's Avatar

Gone for Good on Mattycollector.com

My understanding is that only the exclusive (original King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, Preternia Disguise He-Man) and the "shortrun" (SDCC He-Ro, SDCC Orko, Mo-Larr vs Skeletor, flocked ears Moss Man) figures would not be re-issued. I realize that the re-release of Mo-Larr was a special case and was remaining stock and that the initial release of flocked ears Moss Man wasn't planned. I see that both versions of Orko say "Gone for Good". Will Orko w/ Prince Adam (non-SDCC) version never be available again or will Orko and Prince Adam be re-issued separately?
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: 2015 to survive - Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Widget
    One thing that bugs me about the Skeletor and Mer-Man figures is that they come with uncovered feet. While they were featured that way in some of the original mini-comics, their original figures AFAIK were painted with their feet covered such that they looked like they were wearing boots. Is there any chance that they can be painted that way for an upcoming rerelease?

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Shouldn't you guys have released the Sorceress figure before you guys killed her off? It's kind of sad now having a character of a figure that you know is dead.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    In the past we were informed that there would be no action features that required unsightly dials and buttons to break up the sculpt.

As we seem to be getting Dials and such anyways now... Has the opinion on Action features changed??

Will Leech have working suction cup hands that can cling to smooth surfaces, like the original?

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Is there any interest or any plans to do MOTUC vs WWE 2 packs? This something I would love to see and purchase
    Last edited by StraightEdgeHe-Man; April 13, 2011 at 03:01pm.