Thread: MOTU Papertoys

MOTU Papertoys

Hi everybody, this is my first ever post on the forums and I thought I'd show you some of my MOTU papertoys. Shown here are the first 6 and I have sketches for pretty much the whole line and even the odd diorama or vehicle although this may be a bit ambitious!

There are other He-man papertoys out there on the net but I thought I'd design some with my own style of artwork. They are mainly based around the vintage lines but you'll see some Filmation/2002/classic-inspired bits in there too. They may not be quite as beautiful as the Classic toys but have the advantage that if you sit on them/lose them/drop them in acid, you can just print another!

I'm not sure if these belong in this forum rather than the art forum so apologies if i have that wrong.

At the moment you can download the templates from my Flickr page but I may find a more appropriate place to store them as I do more. Please feel free to download them and have a go at making one yourself, I'd love to see photos of them on people's desks or something! Any feedback on the artwork or construction would be gratefully received. Some are tricker than others to assemble, let me know if further instructions would be useful. Happy crafting!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Court Magician
    these are really cool i like them a lot. i am a fan of paper toys though. great job and keep up the good work.

Heroic Warrior SkeletorsMistress's Avatar
    Wow...these are awesome! Thanks

Heroic Warrior
    They look great! I just may print these out!

Porkor,the Italian PugMan homerandrea's Avatar
    very nice! thanks for sharing.

Heroic Warrior SkeletorsMistress's Avatar
    Ok...you totally made my Sunday!! :-)

Is this Skeletors new Faker??

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

Attack!

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
    Last edited by SkeletorsMistress; April 3, 2011 at 11:45pm.

IQ test results: negative sdilks's Avatar
    Too awesome!!!

Very cool, and very clever!

Nice work! Where's Fisto?!!
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has tried to contact us." -B.W.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    They look great, I can't wait to see the rest, oh, & I also wanna see the backs of them. :/
    Does Galactus fart?

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    these are truly awesome & you posted them in the right place. can't wait to see the rest of them.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Those are great, very creative!

AWESOME! at least these do not come with reversed shoulders lol! great innovative thinking!

Thanks everybody for the kind feedback, it's inspired me to get working on the next batch right away although I'll try and post a few more views of the first 6 as requested too.

SkeletorsMistress, fast work! Those pics are great, really made me laugh the two He-Men squaring up (one's slightly squarer than the other obviously). They look kind of cool in the vintage toys actually, I never though of trying that.

Hunter Knight, I suppose I could make some with backwards shoulders as a tribute, although if any of these have wobbly ankles it will be because they are made of paper so fair enough!

Thanks everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Design Lad View Post
    Thanks everybody for the kind feedback, it's inspired me to get working on the next batch right away although I'll try and post a few more views of the first 6 as requested too.

SkeletorsMistress, fast work! Those pics are great, really made me laugh the two He-Men squaring up (one's slightly squarer than the other obviously). They look kind of cool in the vintage toys actually, I never though of trying that.

Hunter Knight, I suppose I could make some with backwards shoulders as a tribute, although if any of these have wobbly ankles it will be because they are made of paper so fair enough!

Thanks everybody!
    Haha, true, just don't make them with destroyable crotches as an homage to green goddess lol!