View Poll Results: What is your opinion about the dials on the MOTUC figures?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like the dials on the figures

43 28.10%
  • I dislike the dials, they are ruining the look of the figures

69 45.10%
  • I'm neutral about it

41 26.80%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The huge dial on Hurricane Hordak's back

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar

The huge dial on Hurricane Hordak's back

What do you think of the huge dial that's on Hurricane Hordak's back?
    And would you like to see more dials on figures that had them?

There is also a concern that figures with dials on their back might not be able to fit in vehicles.

MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

I like them; they're a fun nod to the old days. I understand why some don't, but I think they're great.

I don't think the dial on Hordak is any more of a problem for sitting in a vehicle than his hood is.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I don't mind if the dial looks like an extra bit of detailing on a belt or something but having a huge great red dial on his back that serves no practical purpose just seems silly. Mantennas legs were stuck together in the 80s so will they be that way in MOTUC just for nostalgia?
    If I want the figures to be the same as the 80s toys I can buy the 80s toys for a couple of dollars each off ebay and re-live my childhood that way.
    Last edited by Rodster6; April 3, 2011 at 03:06pm.

But I want to re-live my childhood with the articulation and detail that only MOTUC offers.

And, in my opinion, much of MOTU is silly I(in a fantastic way), so there's no problem here. (For me.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I'm on the fence. It's fun as a nod to the vintage stuff but I really don't want them to waste any new tooling on that kind of stuff.

Heroic Warrior
    I find it frustrating that we get 'no action features that require a button or lever' becasue they want to preserve the sculpt.... and then put on a big gear wheels that don't work...

Syclone is subtle, but Hordak's... that just sucks... MAYBE for Buzz-saw, then you could say it was part of the blades.. but That??? I don't like it.

Of course I don't plan to get him anyway, (never had him, already have a good hordak) so my opinion doesn't mean much.

I like the dials in most cases. I think it looks cool on Hurrican Hordak because it looks like some sort of spiky red spine-like decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I like the dials in most cases. I think it looks cool on Hurrican Hordak because it looks like some sort of spiky red spine-like decoration.
    I'm with you on this. i think the dial adds to the decor.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I'm neutral about it really but I think in the case of Hurricane Hordak the dial actually looks quite good.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I wish they'd gone the route they did with She-ra's comb.

Make a really cool spiked spine thing that LOOKED like it was a dial...

As opposed to the gear that might possibly look like something other than a gear. If you squint... in the dark...

I LIKE nods to the original figures, and am pro vintage 100%, but I just don't see anything but the dial on this one...

I'm not a fan of the dials serving no purpose, other than nostalgia. Especially if it's not actually functional for any reason.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

I'am with phantom1592, they don't give action feature because they ruin the figure, and now they want to represent dials... if I was Mattel chairman, I will make each month 70 % figures without dial nor action feature and 30 % of figures with really strong and powerful action features, the ones that never would pass a security control .

I like them, but not only would I not care if they got rid of them, I can totally see why people dislike them. My biggest issue is if The Four Horsemen are so big on maintaining the vintage look, why does Webstor have tiny legs on his backpack that aren't removable?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I like them, but don't care if they're there or not. I understand the reasoning behind the inclusion.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I don't like them, but they don't bother me that much either

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I dislike them. Not having them was supposed to be one of the good side effects of no action features.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I dislike the dials. I get why they are putting them in but I'd rather get cardback/style guide accurate figures, not toy accurate figures. It seems that when the line started the cardback art was driving these desicions and at some point the toy look took over.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

I think the dials are a bad idea, a really bad idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I dislike them. Not having them was supposed to be one of the good side effects of no action features.
    This! A million times this!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I voted neutral as I don't even want the figure. I do not like variants, unless they playrd an important role in the Filmation toons. If He-Man never used the BA in the show, then to me he doesn't have BA. Same with Skeletor and Hordak and any other goofy action feature styled variants. The only variant in my collection I really like is PD He-Man, as it makes sense in the story and is a version of He-Man I always wanted.

I don't like the dial.

If something really needs to be on his back, put something to hold the other two accessories with.
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That is what we were told at the start of the line. No buttons and etc sticking out on the figures.

If they had made it look like something...not just a dial that would be cool.

But it just looks like a red dial, that doesn't dial.

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Romer View Post
    I think the dials are a bad idea, a really bad idea...
    I agree, especially the oversized one on Hordak's back.

I like them
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Honestly, Hurricane Hordak could use all the help he can get in the appeal department, since he's one of those figures that is really diminished without the action features built in. I'd really like to see the dial left in!