Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Wondercon pictures

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar

My Wondercon pictures

Scott was there and he gave me some additional info, I also have 2 videos I'll try to post when I get home. Please merge if needed.

Leech has only one head. No articulated jaw. Looks great in person. Net is huge and his.
    Hordak has the dial, will be vac metalized (sp)
    Manny looks in between flesh and orange.

My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Heroic Warrior
    Judeh, I couldn't help noticing on your pictures that Megator's weapon has such a long chain that it cannot possibly be of any use...

By the way, can you tell us... did they improve Man-E-Faces so we can actually see his faces (eyes and everything) ? I'm asking because the pics from NYTF seemed to show that Man-E-Faces helmet was putting his eyes and forehead in the shadow...

Oh ! And the Man-E-Faces pictured seem to be a produced version and not a prototype anymore, right ?

And it seems like Man-E-Faces has painted hands, no ?

P.S. : I prefer Leech seen from behind. He looks less goofy !

P.P.S. : do you know if Hurricane Hordak can actually spin his "hurricane tools" ?
    Last edited by Prahvus; April 2, 2011 at 03:06pm.

Great Pictures!

Is it the lighting or does Man-E-Faces look more orange than what we have seen so far?
    Matty needs to do pre-orders !!

Man-E-Faces is purchased.

The dial is just for looks, right? It doesn't work, just like Optikk's, correct?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Hmmmm....I wonder why they decided not to give us 2 heads for Leech? I don't dislike how he looks, so I'll be okay with this one.

Blonde Teela looks a little bit better than when I saw the reveal pictures.

Why does Hordak have the dial? Will it actually be functional? If not, then it looks horrible.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Vac metal armor?

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    Hmmmm....I wonder why they decided not to give us 2 heads for Leech? I don't dislike how he looks, so I'll be okay with this one.

Why does Hordak have the dial? Will it actually be functional? If not, then it looks horrible.
    Same reason they have done it on like 2 or 3 other figures. its suppose to be just like the old days, but i agree with you, no need for that to be on there.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

By the way, can you tell us... did they improve Man-E-Faces so we can actually see his faces (eyes and everything) ?

Oh ! And the Man-E-Faces pictured seem to be a produced version and not a prototype anymore, right ?

P.P.S. : do you know if Hurricane Hordak can actually spin his "hurricane tools" ?
    If you look at him straight on there isn't any major shadows obscuring his face. He looked pretty complete and functional as you'll see if i can get the videos up soon. But I;m not sure if it's a production sample.

Not sure about hordak's weapons spinning, I want to say yes, but I can find out when I go back this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marek View Post
    Is it the lighting or does Man-E-Faces look more orange than what we have seen so far?
    He looks in between, not as orange as the lighting makes him out, but definetly not skin tone.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    The dial is just for looks, right? It doesn't work, just like Optikk's, correct?
    yep, just for looks.

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post

Scott said they really pushed for the suction cup but weren't able to get it so he only gets one head, the way it's built, you can see where the jaw attaches to the upper skull but it's not moveable.
    Teela looks much better in person as well...
    dial on hordak is just like cy-klone, just as a homage, doesn't spin.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Vac metal armor?
    Just like the old toy...I'm not sure what that means but scott said it's vac metalized on the finished product but this prototype is just painted on.

Last edited by Judeh Simon; April 2, 2011 at 03:31pm.

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

If it's vac metal, then the figure is ten times better. Vac = the shiny plastic from the 80's and 90's toys.

Very happy about the vac-metalized armor. That makes the figure what it should be.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    How are the shoulders?

Better check NOW!!!

Oh no...please don't tell me Man-E-Face's gun is made to fit only into his open hand...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Thanks for posting pics! It's neat also that the headdress can be put on the current MOTUC Hordak to get him in capeless form.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Vac Metal is easily chipped...

Leech only has one head? I'm surprised. Thought for sure that they would have had a vintage head, if only for looks.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Vac Metal is easily chipped...
    I promise I won't be dropping him on concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Leech only has one head? I'm surprised. Thought for sure that they would have had a vintage head, if only for looks.
    I thought so, too, and wish he had one.
    Last edited by RockinHard; April 2, 2011 at 03:40pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for posting the pics! The figures look great! The ONLY thing that bothers me about Leech is that his neck seems a bit thin to me, but I guess that's to keep the head swap-ability there.

MEF's skin looks TONS better out from under the display lights. Looks to be in between lilly white flesh (of the card back) and the jump suit orange (of the original figure). Not a bad compromise.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Thanks for the info and pics... some of the best thus far to emerge from the weekend

Yeah, Only one head for leech, scott pushed for a second head but no luck.
    Hordak is the 3rd Quarterly and I asked about the 4th one but he didn't fall for it...He only said it will be revealed at SDCC.

It was really exciting meeting and talking to Scott, he was really nice and forthcoming about everything he could share. he pulled out the figures, and turned them around for pics. Thanks Scott!

Edit: Can somebody post the videos in this thread if I email them to you?
    Last edited by Judeh Simon; April 2, 2011 at 03:48pm.

leech

thanks for all the pictures they look great. did you ask scott when they are going to update the release schedule?
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Thanks for posting the pics! This Line just keeps on getting better and better!

best figure

also seeing all the figures up close can you give us your opinion on your favorite?
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

I want the Power Sword that's on the wall behind Toyguru! We need a counterpart to the plastic Sword Of Omens that's going to be in Bandai's Thundercats line.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelessone101 View Post
    thanks for all the pictures they look great. did you ask scott when they are going to update the release schedule?
    Quote Originally Posted by Facelessone101 View Post
    also seeing all the figures up close can you give us your opinion on your favorite?
    Do you mean the re-release sechedule? I'll try to ask if I can this afternoon. Seeing all the figures I have to say Teela and Manny surprised me with how good they look I was on the fence with both of them but having them right there convinced me. Leech looks much better than in pictures, especially if you don't look at his mouth straight on and tilt his head a little. Don't quote me on this but I think when his head fell off I didn't see a neck at all, his torso kinda just blends into the head. Catra's skirt looks better in the packaged version.