Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show your appreciation for Leech!

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar

Show your appreciation for Leech!

Hey guys as I already said on the official Leech's thread I got an answer on FB from the Four Horsemen about him neck:

You're seeing it from a bad angle in that photo, but we had to do the neck area the way we did so it wouldn't.
    Hinder movement of the head. Also, it looks as if they may not have the head pushed all the way down on that prototype, so the neck articulation's not in place yet.
    The head you see there is currently just attached with a chunk of clay shaped similar to a rod so it can remain somewhat posable for photography or display.

-FH-
    So I don't want to keep debating about Leech, it's more about showing our appreciation to the FH's awesome job because many of us may have misjudged Leech.
    In the future, maybe Mattel's people should try to use more care and attention when posing these porototype for display, to avoid this kind of issues. Just take you time when posign them!
    Thanks

"One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-´

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I think Leech looks much better with his head properly positioned as well. I thought it was the head scale initially, but looking at it close it does seem to the the head position that was bugging me.

I made the mention in another thread, but I think if the 4H and Mattel can swing it that it may make sense to have one of the 4H present for their Appreciation Tours during the cons. That way not only can they double check the assembly and positioning of the protos, but they can also answer questions and give insight into the sculpts.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    As the leading scumbag around these parts allow me to offer my praises for the upcoming Leech MOTUC figure. He will be a most welcome addition to the growing army of villainous evil. Way to go, Alessandra! I knew you were an appreciator of evil. Keep it up!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I liked Leech, but now is much better with the head in the right position...

Thanks 4H for a great figure. The net is an awesome accesory and a new weapon for the MOTUC Hordesmen.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I think Leech looks great! Very exciting!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Mantenna was always MY Hordesmen, but I must admit Leech, who I have little attachment to, BLEW ME AWAY. No doubt about it.

Heroic Warrior
    I love Leech's head. I don't see why so many people are complaining. The figure is great!

I liked the look of Leech from the moment I saw him and also don't understand all the complaints. The 4H have done a fantastic job on him
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I think they did a great job with Leech.

The only issue that I can live with easily is that I would prefer the torso to be one color.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

My most anticipated figure so far this year.

Heroic Warrior
    I am definately looking forward to Leech. Aside from Hordak, Leech and Mantenna were the only Hordesmen I had as a kid, so they were the most important ones to me and I can´t wait to be one step closer to completing my set.

I loved that figure the first time I saw 'em and I don't have any problems with 'em now, either! He's AWESOME, and I really hope I can fit a figure's head in his mouth. The head is my favorite part of the figure, and he looks significantly horrifying. I love it, and I'm really looking forward to him!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I love Leech, they just did it again. Awesome figure!! Thanks 4H!
    I really don´t get the net thing, was it in any episode or comic?! It´s okay anyway, september can´t come soon enogh!!

I'm lovin me some Leech! Thanks for the info AlessandraF!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

We we we so excited we so excited about Leech!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

There's nothing about Leech I dislike on any level he looks fantastic. Seeing the Horde's men build up numbers wise is great and I can't wait till we get Mantenna, Entrapta and all the rest.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Saurod

Looks loooong way better in that way, its great to know!
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Leech was my favourite figure as a kid! I was always trying to get him to stick on to walls in the house.. and of course he was at the breakfast table with me in the mornings eating cereal (yes I spoon fed cereal to my toy lol)

With that being said.. I am super hyped about this figure! I think from what is being shown to us.. he looks fantastic already and I am not in any way disappointment.

Can't wait to get this figure in September and grab a bowl of cereal!

I love Leech.
    The lowered looks better though.

Considering that I thought he would need to be shorter than a standard figure, I think he turned out very good. I can see the difficulty some are having with the head, he looks a bit like a green duck with fangs from certain angles, but considering that the original figure was goofy, this seemed inevitable. Sorry to pull favorites, but for me, 200X was about making these look less goofy, while MOTUC has made that a lower priority in favor of being more like the originals and adhering to the economy of molds assembly formula. So I'm giving it a backhanded compliment, but again for MOTUC this looks really good to me. I shed my tears for the shortcomings back with Grizzlor.
    Last edited by gbagok; April 3, 2011 at 08:05pm.

I love Leech! The people that set up Mattel's displays and product photos on mattycollector really need to take a class though. I mean really, no thought goes into posing these figures at all.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Thats great news, I think the head will look a lot better when its properly pushed down. Thanks 4HM for letting us know
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Leech looks amazing. My pick of the figures of 2011. Love it.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

If you look at the classic toy head and then look at his current MOTUC head the 4H have totally captured his classic toy likeness. The only difference being there is no suction cup in his gob, if there was he would be pretty much identical to his classic toy. The problem is when the 4H made that staction head they blew the old leech design right out of the water IMO. Filmation Leech will always be my prefered version, but this head is exacty what classics ethos is al about taking the cassic toy design, and bringing it up to todays standards. I want a Filmation Leech but this version is also stunning and I will display him proudly on my toy shelf!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I think that it looks pretty good, especially in pictures I have seen from different angles and now with the head pushed down. I liked Leech as a kid a lot and this one seems like a pretty decent homage and update to the original (though i am really glad the suction cup lips weren't included....as a second head maybe but not as the only one). I did recently get the 200X staction finally though, and honestly that may be enough for me. That staction was my favorite one, and I loved the way Leech looked. Honestly I'm the same way with all of the Horde.

So I'll probably pass, but not because of the figure itself, rather just based on having a version I am happy with already. But you never know, future pictures and reviews may sway me over, has happened in the past. I like Leech well enough where I could deal with having two