Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The official Slush Head thread

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    After reading this I switched the tentacles and they look much better, then I tried to switch hook and claw, but they seem very fragile. Which is the best way to remove the accesories without breaking it?
    Boil & pop.

On that note: I filled the dome with mineral oil. He looks awesome this way - the liquid looks really, uh, slushy!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Has anyone completely dismantled Slush heads dome? i.e removed the head??

I love this figure. Especially with Optikk. The NA villains have become among my very favourite figures in the line and I can't wait for more of them.

I finally caved and filled the dome with water and he looks so much better, really improves the look.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

So since its been pretty much a year since some of you have put some sort of liquid in ol' slushy's head...any problems?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    So since its been pretty much a year since some of you have put some sort of liquid in ol' slushy's head...any problems?
    I will reply with pictures.

Since I've rarely taken him out of the ikea display cabinet, he's been left with the water I put in the day I got him.
    I have taken him out and played around with him a few times, but I never did anything more with the water.

1. This is how he looks after a year, some condensation is all, I filled the head halfway up when I got him, about 2/3 of that water is gone.
    2. Refilled the head to see if I couldn't get the condensation away, as you can see no wear or tear on the glass itself nor face underneath.
    3. Took out half of it, condensation again - This might be because it's warm outside, I'm 99% sure I could dry him out and he would be clear as normal.
    4. Emptied him out, you can see a "water" line where the water has been, but this has since that point condensed as well, so all in all - no damage done

Fabulous secret powers revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post

Since I've rarely taken him out of the ikea display cabinet, he's been left with the water I put in the day I got him.
    I have taken him out and played around with him a few times, but I never did anything more with the water.

1. This is how he looks after a year, some condensation is all, I filled the head halfway up when I got him, about 2/3 of that water is gone.
    2. Refilled the head to see if I couldn't get the condensation away, as you can see no wear or tear on the glass itself nor face underneath.
    3. Took out half of it, condensation again - This might be because it's warm outside, I'm 99% sure I could dry him out and he would be clear as normal.
    4. Emptied him out, you can see a "water" line where the water has been, but this has since that point condensed as well, so all in all - no damage done

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...psfed0dbec.jpg
    Thanks Haradrel! What about you guys who used mineral oil and stuff any problems?

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Thanks Haradrel! What about you guys who used mineral oil and stuff any problems?
    No problems with the figures paint or anything, but after several weeks the oil started to leak (very slowly), although I securely glued the cap of the filler onto the dome. It's a real pity, because the mineral oil looks EXACTLY like it did on the vintage figure...

Still I'm going to refill it soon. It just looks so awesome!
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; June 11, 2013 at 02:49pm.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    No problem.
    One thing that was noted on facebook was that some tap water might leave a residue or film on the inside of the dome depending on the quality of tap water some may use. (Not mine though)
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    No problems with the figures paint or anything, but after several weeks the oil started to leak (very slowly), although I securely glued the cap of the filler onto the dome. It's a real pity, because the mineral oil looks EXACTLY like it did on the vintage figure...

Still I'm going to refill it soon. It just looks so awesome!
    No problem.
    One thing that was noted on facebook was that some tap water might leave a residue or film on the inside of the dome depending on the quality of tap water some may use. (Not mine though)
    Thanks guys. Still can't decide if I want to add anything or not. I might just wait...ANOTHER YEAR.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...psfed0dbec.jpg
    Great photos! And you mentioned water quality too, which I think is VERY important!

I just got a Slush Head, and he'll still be MOC until my move is finally over, but I think I'd like to have him out and filled with water! I plan on using distilled water. I could also boil it and filter it to remove even more impurities.

I think I'll go with the version in image #3, the half mask fill rocks.

Heroic Warrior
    youtube collection 125.jpg He can not be exposed to earth's oxygen ! this is what happened when i removed his dome , shotly after this, his head exploded and it took all day to clean up the mess
    Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    Has anyone completely dismantled Slush heads dome? i.e removed the head??