Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Slush Head thread

I'd love something like Gbagok's design:

I really like Emiliano's except for the head, its too 'When Mars Attacks' IMO.

I really hope the tentacle's are bendable and poseable.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

A big fan of Slush Head
    Yeah Gbagok's design is awesome. He used a lot of Emiliano's design but changed the things I didn't like about Emiliano's design like the head and the arms.

I wonder if the MOTUC version of Slush head will get a second weapon.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

A big fan of Slush Head
    LOL it looks similar! But that figure can't be compared to the awesome Slushy!!

Heroic Warrior
    I really hope, he comes out in MOTUC...

Like Optikk, he could be a very awesome figure, if the 4HM do some of their magic...

i'm quite sure the 4H will hit this guy out of the part. Growing up, i had most of the Motu character and loved them. i remember NA coming out and the only one that caught my eye was Kalamarr. i bought him as soon as i saw him. he ended up being my favorite toy from the entire Motu universe. In fact, last year, i went and bought a complete one just so i could have him again. he definitely needs to be made. he needs to be the next NA and he needs to be this year. Should we start a Slushy Club? (Grown) Kids for Kalamarr?
    [This space for rent. Inquire within.]

Master of New Adventures!
    Well done, Mike.

Well Slushy was certainly one of my favorite characters. (Most know Crita is my fave, but that's fodder for The Tar Swamp. )

Slushy was a lovable villian if ever there was one. Mark Taylor (now Senior VP and GM at Nickelodeon and one of my oldest friends) and I had a great time with Slushhead when we did NA for Jetlag. We used to sing Slushy's Ode to the Quagmire Swamp song together and Slushy never ceased to amuse us during what turned out to be a brutal production schedule.

I would have loved to take Slushy back to Eternia with Skelly, Flogg, He-man, Crita, Drissi and Mara in the Season Two of NA that never happened. He would have provided much-needed comic relief to the coup that had taken place on Eternia during He-man's absence.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    We have the other NA character threads here too. Please don't stop with Slushhead. I'm sure the NA fans would love to hear your insights into all of these characters. It's akin to having Dean Stefan here to speak about the 200X characters and storylines.

Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 6, 2011 at 01:17pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I can't wait for Slushead to get made! He was definitely one of the cooler NA figures, along with Lizor. I was never much of a fan of his back tentacle weapons, but I think thats because I lost them within hours of playing with him as a kid. Great design and awesome figure!

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    We have the other NA character threads here too. Please don't stop with Slushhead. I'm sure the NA fans would love to hear your insights into all of these characters. It's akin to having Dean Stefan here to speak about the 200X characters and storylines.
    Thanks for that heads-up, Mega.

We're in a very busy period as it's the television industry's pitch season and we're putting the finishing touches on our new slate of projects. But I promise I'll get to each of those threads in due time.

Best,

Jack

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
    BY FAR I'd like to see Emiliano's design used. To me it is one of THE BEST MOTU designs ever, and really takes an decent character and makes him look amazing.
    When I look at Emiliano's take on Slush Head, the design on that makes me think he'd fit in with the Horde a bit moreso than NA. That design has a much more distinctive horror element than science fiction IMO.

I'm excited to see how they do the design for Slush head. Can't wait to see what the 4H do.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm really excited for Slush Head. This is one cool NA character !

But please no Hssss- or Bow-styled crotch, and no bendy tentacles !

P.S. : I really like the bio Gbagok wrote for Slush Head !

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Well done, Mike.

Well Slushy was certainly one of my favorite characters. (Most know Crita is my fave, but that's fodder for The Tar Swamp. )

Slushy was a lovable villian if ever there was one. Mark Taylor (now Senior VP and GM at Nickelodeon and one of my oldest friends) and I had a great time with Slushhead when we did NA for Jetlag. We used to sing Slushy's Ode to the Quagmire Swamp song together and Slushy never ceased to amuse us during what turned out to be a brutal production schedule.

I would have loved to take Slushy back to Eternia with Skelly, Flogg, He-man, Crita, Drissi and Mara in the Season Two of NA that never happened. He would have provided much-needed comic relief to the coup that had taken place on Eternia during He-man's absence.
    Awesome Jack, thanks for stopping by this thread!
    I would have loved seeing that! It's too bad we didn't get a second season.
    I wonder if Slush Head would have missed the Quagmi swamp when being on Eternia. I bet he would have felt homesick at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    When I look at Emiliano's take on Slush Head, the design on that makes me think he'd fit in with the Horde a bit moreso than NA. That design has a much more distinctive horror element than science fiction IMO.
    Yeah that's true! I wonder why Emiliano chose that design?

Has anyone ever officially approached Matty or Toyguru about Slushy? Anyone do a WTFWTK question?
    [This space for rent. Inquire within.]

Emilianos head is a bit extreme thatīs true but i would love to see a total new interpretation on him, he could need a bigger head if you ask me more like a real Calamar and i hope the FOUR HORSEMEN give him(and maybe LIZOR, SNAKE FACE and TUNG LASHOR) his own bug with a more unique skin structure.

On Eternia it could have been interessting to see him in a team with Mer-Man or fighting against Mermista or even better in a real matching fight against Ssssquezze or Entrapta!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Love Slush Head! I imagine he might be held back because of the dome; do they go with a clear plastic resembling liquid, add their own liquid, or have buyers add their own liquid? (ewww ) At least we know they can make pliable soft rubber pieces in the line, so SH will probably have tentacles somewhat like Hsss' snake body arms.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindless-Focus View Post
    Has anyone ever officially approached Matty or Toyguru about Slushy? Anyone do a WTFWTK question?
    The only that I can remeber about him was the no water on his helmet answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Emilianos head is a bit extreme thatīs true but i would love to see a total new interpretation on him, he could need a bigger head if you ask me more like a real Calamar and i hope the FOUR HORSEMEN give him(and maybe LIZOR, SNAKE FACE and TUNG LASHOR) his own bug with a more unique skin structure.

On Eternia it could have been interessting to see him in a team with Mer-Man or fighting against Mermista or even better in a real matching fight against Ssssquezze or Entrapta!
    Imagine Hydron adn Mermista vs Mer-Man and Slush Head!

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    Love Slush Head! I imagine he might be held back because of the dome; do they go with a clear plastic resembling liquid, add their own liquid, or have buyers add their own liquid? (ewww ) At least we know they can make pliable soft rubber pieces in the line, so SH will probably have tentacles somewhat like Hsss' snake body arms.
    Yeah I think the domw maybe a problem. But I'm sure they'll do the character justice.
    I really like the idea of the bendable tentacles, I hope they do that.

Ya know, since I just read the comments on this: I don't see why they couldn't build the helmet to be removeable and have a rubber edge around it, so that you could put in your own water and seal it up if you wanted. Of course, I guess the armor would have to be water-tight...and the neck area so it doesn't leak into the main body. Okay, maybe that's not such a good idea...hmmm....
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    The bendable tentacles are a great idea!!! yes, please those!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    The only that I can remeber about him was the no water on his helmet answer.

Imagine Hydron adn Mermista vs Mer-Man and Slush Head!

Yeah I think the domw maybe a problem. But I'm sure they'll do the character justice.
    I really like the idea of the bendable tentacles, I hope they do that.
    Right on!!! Hydron and Mermista against Mer-man and Slush-Head thatīs epic and that would get really wet

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Ya know, since I just read the comments on this: I don't see why they couldn't build the helmet to be removeable and have a rubber edge around it, so that you could put in your own water and seal it up if you wanted. Of course, I guess the armor would have to be water-tight...and the neck area so it doesn't leak into the main body. Okay, maybe that's not such a good idea...hmmm....
    Maybe they could do a "Bow" string thing, a not removeable helmet but itīs sealed (in the end the figures are made of plastic) but on top a hole so we could fill it up with water at least!?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    Those look like Humpty Dumpty from Outer Space!

Can't wait for Slush head though! I LOVE Slushies!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Yeah Gbagok's design is awesome. He used a lot of Emiliano's design but changed the things I didn't like about Emiliano's design like the head and the arms.

I wonder if the MOTUC version of Slush head will get a second weapon.
    Where can we see Emiliano's designs
    I read Gbagok had referenced Emil's Extendar's design too

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Yeah I guess they'll have to simulate water on the helmet.
    I really want to see how the 4H tackle this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    Where can we see Emiliano's designs
    I read Gbagok had referenced Emil's Extendar's design too
    Here you go man:
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/doc.php?type=4&id=25

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Yeah I guess they'll have to simulate water on the helmet.
    I really want to see how the 4H tackle this guy.
    Yeah, this does worry me a tad. IMO, Slush Head missing the water in his helmet is like Mosquitor missing the blood in his chest.

Slush Head is definitely the next NA figure I want to see. I love the vintage figure!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Yeah, this does worry me a tad. IMO, Slush Head missing the water in his helmet is like Mosquitor missing the blood in his chest.

Slush Head is definitely the next NA figure I want to see. I love the vintage figure!
    EXACTLY! Mosquitor and Slush Head should have LIQUIDS!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post

I hear you man! Lets hope they make our beloved characters justice.
    Will they be able to pull it off? I sure hope so.

I also wonder if the 4 Horsemen will come up with an extra weapon for Slush Head. Since most MOTUC figures are coming with two accesories I wonder if Slushy will too.