Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The official Slush Head thread

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    URGENT: Please be aware that Slushy cannot survive without Quagmi Swamp water in his helmet!

Fyi, I badly wanted to bring him back to Etermia with He-man, Skelly, Crita and a few others if NA had had a Season 2.
    Jack, though I have only seen a few NA episodes, I really dig what you are saying here. This guy looks AMAZING! The villians from this line really knock it out of the PARK for me. Tell me, did you have a hand in any of the villian designs, Jack?

Cant WAIT for this guy! Apparently, he will be here, along with the Griffon and Spector, in about a week. I had a vintage Slush many years ago. I was in my 20s, and was very let down that his groovy tendrils basically 'degraded' into pieces when I tried to move them around a bit.
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

NA does not do it for me, that being said so long as they are based on the standard figures, all I would be interested in are the Skeletor & He-Man variants, and that is dependent on how they look. Therefore while Slush is visually more appealing than Spector is, or ever has been, I'll be passing on both. But if I had to choose between getting Spector & Slush Head....I'd be getting Slushy.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    Jack, though I have only seen a few NA episodes, I really dig what you are saying here. This guy looks AMAZING! The villians from this line really knock it out of the PARK for me. Tell me, did you have a hand in any of the villian designs, Jack?

Cant WAIT for this guy! Apparently, he will be here, along with the Griffon and Spector, in about a week. I had a vintage Slush many years ago. I was in my 20s, and was very let down that his groovy tendrils basically 'degraded' into pieces when I tried to move them around a bit.
    Thank you for your kind words.

Well Mattel presented me with the entire two waves of characters, including most of the mutants. But I did have the latitude to develop many characters on my own -- Crita being paramount among them, followed by the Gleanons and the Mites.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow...Slush Head has an action feature!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JorReno View Post
    Wow...Slush Head has an action feature!!!
    An action feature that hinders articulation too! The original figure could turn it's head. Although the Four Horsemen did an exceptional job sculpting the figure, Mattel's design department clearly isn't nearly as talented. In fact one could easily get the impression that they are inept. I love how so many fans are patting Mattel on the back for designing a dome that doesn't leak. Wow, what an accomplishment! Would it have really been that difficult to make the head turn?

Very excited for another NA character!! I am really digging this corner ofthe universe.

This will also be the first Slush head I ever owned!
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

I cant believe how my dislike for Na has turned into something very positive : Man , I love these characters , I wanna thank four horsemen for giving us these masterpieces . Slushead its another gem in this collection !

And...ehmm.... I'm one of those will fill the cape with water ! ahh
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Quote Originally Posted by triklops1 View Post
    I cant believe how my dislike for Na has turned into something very positive : Man , I love these characters , I wanna thank four horsemen for giving us these masterpieces . Slushead its another gem in this collection !

And...ehmm.... I'm one of those will fill the cape with water ! ahh

Maybe you're like me and you found NA He-Man figures at the time of the late eighties just too much of a departure. The figures were just plain ugly/ridiculous - like Ronald McDonald's pals had become space mutants - and they looked like scrawny knock-offs of GI Joe or end-of-the-line Power Lords. Plus the figures and story had become about as far removed from the chunky, careful sculpts and varied-but-similarly themed plots of the original MOTU line, cartoon and minicomics.

The 4H have probably seen all that and experienced it and have "reversed engineered" NA to be as they would have been in the original line - iconic, aesthetically pleasing and plain playable.
    let's hope they continue as Sagitar needs a helluva makeover!
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    Very excited for another NA character!! I am really digging this corner ofthe universe.

This will also be the first Slush head I ever owned!
    Here here! These NA figures are actually some of the best in the line so far. The Horsemen are knocking them out of the park!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar

Anyone having problems with SlushHeads Weapons?

Maybe its just mine, but figured id ask before I preform surgery on him.... his right claw will NOT stay on at all. Its so loose that it falls right off even if he's standing still.

I may pour some crazy glue in the slot to tighten it up a bit, but figured Id see if its just me having the problem first.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Maybe its just mine, but figured id ask before I preform surgery on him.... his right claw will NOT stay on at all. Its so loose that it falls right off even if he's standing still.

I may pour some crazy glue in the slot to tighten it up a bit, but figured Id see if its just me having the problem first.
    Are you talking about the claw itself, or the tentacle? If it's the latter, those muthas are a pain to push in. I was actually concerned I was going to break both of mine, but once they snap in they're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Are you talking about the claw itself, or the tentacle? If it's the latter, those muthas are a pain to push in. I was actually concerned I was going to break both of mine, but once they snap in they're fine.
    The end that goes in the backpack. It falls right out no matter what i do. Only the right side. I pushed it all the way in (giggle) and nothing.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Yeah, guess you'll have to pick a position you prefer it to be in and do some super glue surgery.

Why am I suddenly thinking of American Pie 2?

Court Magician
    is there a way to drain the water from his helmet? I cannot get it out

The end that goes in the backpack. It falls right out no matter what i do. Only the right side. I pushed it all the way in (giggle) and nothing.
    I used a hair dryer to soften the back pack (not the tentacle) and it went in. mine had two stages. In and loose then in further, now its snug. there was no way it was going in without heating it up first

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy413 View Post
    is there a way to drain the water from his helmet? I cannot get it out
    Maybe you can use a drinking straw and suck it out. No joke. Might not be healthy thus. It probably does not get out, cos there is no airflow. The water seals itself by getting stuck in the filler neck. You may also shake it very hard to get air in it which might work. Then let it dry in a dry place. I would not put it into direct sunlight, cos this will neither by good for the plastic, nor the colour. The problem is that you probably will get condensed water in the dome by evaporation. It should dry for a longer time.

I will not put water into mine simply because of the water that might be hard to get out. I also want to remind everybody that water is THE universal solution. It might damage your figure over time if you plan to leave the water inside kind of "forever". Since we all know Mattel's safty standards do not always stand their ground, the water might dissolve the eye painting or the plastic itself over time. Surely not when used just a few times, but then you will have problem #1...how to get the water out with no remains.

I'd be carful with the water if you plan to leave it in the dome for a long time...you might regret it!

As Sir Reilly noted in post #193 here

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...l-Thread/page8

they switched the tentacles from the prototype.

Another mistake in the long history of mistakes in the MOTUC line or is somebody at the "Mattel Design Team" actually suffering from dyslexia? It starts becoming pathologic!!!

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Get an adult to push it in for you.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar

I just got Slush Head today and these dam tentacle arms won't stay in snug. I have them all the way in but they are super loose and the plastic knob on the end wants to snap off. Very disappointing as this is a great figure!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    Get an adult to push it in for you.
    I wish the box said that lol.

Yeah tried the hair dryer trick and it made it looser even after I pinched it closed around the tentical........ not winning here.... (Insert 900 sex jokes here).

Its the way the right hole is shaped (...) The left one has two lips (stop it) to hold it in (seriously stop it), the right one has one and it makes the peg fall right out.

I got the tentacles all the way in, with quite a bit of effort. So they are very snug. Problem is I now need to take them back off so I can box him up, and I started wiggling one around not realizing that I was the process of tearing the knob off the end. Luckily I stopped before it completely ripped, but I just wanted to warn anyone who was hoping these would pop in and out like Draego-man's wings.

Heating up the backpack with a hairdryer is probably the way to go, just don't go trying to rip them out like I did.

I'm REALLY loving Slush Head! He's really an awesome figure! I can't stop looking at him…now he REALLY looks like a MotU figure! He's my favorite of the three figures released this month!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Slush Head doesn't seem to be doing very well on the secondary market. He's a cool figure in his own right but, does he not have the same appeal as figures like Fisto or Stinkor?

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Slush Head doesn't seem to be doing very well on the secondary market. He's a cool figure in his own right but, does he not have the same appeal as figures like Fisto or Stinkor?
    He is an NA figure so that should be easy enough to understand, a lot of people dislike NA in any incarnation.

I got my Slushhead and opened him over the holiday, I guess I was messing with the plastic and I broke the tentacle where the claw goes in (I mean literally snapped it you can see the white). Emailed MattyCollector on a Sunday and they got back to me within 1hr and are having UPS come to pick him up in exchange for another. Very impressed with that response, I figured I was SOL
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    sorry, I was not aware that there was such a dislike for NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    He is an NA figure so that should be easy enough to understand, a lot of people dislike NA in any incarnation.

I got my Slushhead and opened him over the holiday, I guess I was messing with the plastic and I broke the tentacle where the claw goes in (I mean literally snapped it you can see the white). Emailed MattyCollector on a Sunday and they got back to me within 1hr and are having UPS come to pick him up in exchange for another. Very impressed with that response, I figured I was SOL
    sorry to hear about the broken figure, cool DR is doing something fast for once lol

As far as NA goes, I am not a NA fan, but when the 4HM take a NA figure and put it through the classics machine I end up liking it. I can look at the old NA figures and think which ones would look cool as Classics, but I would never call myself a "NA Fan", but hope more get made for the NA fans and I just enjoy good 4HM MOTUC figs
    the ignore list is my new best friend