Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: The official Slush Head thread

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by triklops1 View Post
    I cant believe how my dislike for Na has turned into something very positive : Man , I love these characters , I wanna thank four horsemen for giving us these masterpieces . Slushead its another gem in this collection !

And...ehmm.... I'm one of those will fill the cape with water ! ahh
    All of Heaven rejoices for a lost lamb returned to the fold.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by triklops1 View Post
    I cant believe how my dislike for Na has turned into something very positive : Man , I love these characters , I wanna thank four horsemen for giving us these masterpieces . Slushead its another gem in this collection !

And...ehmm.... I'm one of those will fill the cape with water ! ahh
    True, I´m really enjoying the MOTUC NA characters now. They`re supercool. The 4HM did incredible jobs with those guys...

As expected, someone managed to articulate Slush Head's head... saw it on Facebook. I pretty sure he's an Org member...

I used a hair dryer to heat the 2 plastic tabs that are glued to the armor. I then snapped the off the dome. Then pried the tabs off the armor. This will allow the dome head to be free. Now you can leave it at that. Or you can take the next step. I then took a figure that I used that was custom fodder (Which was Vikor. And I pried out the neck peg. Now what is good about his neck peg is that he has the new one which has the ring on it that is used to prevent the bobble head affect. This ring part will be good for Slushy! His head has a grove that will help greatly! Then pried open the neck cavity to Slushy. Enough to bet the ball part of the neck peg into it. I then put a bit of crazy glue into the bottom of the dome head. Made sure to align the ring with the bottom of the dome head. and now he is drying! Once it's dried it should be secure enough to put the armor back on and you will have Slush Head with a turnable head
    Last edited by oICEMANo; May 30, 2012 at 03:27am.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
    BY FAR I'd like to see Emiliano's design used. To me it is one of THE BEST MOTU designs ever, and really takes an decent character and makes him look amazing.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...ketch_full.jpg
    Just a little too creepy for this Slush-Head fan. Looks like a space zombie, not a space mutant, or an alien creature.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Just a little too creepy for this Slush-Head fan. Looks like a space zombie, not a space mutant, or an alien creature.
    I would gave to agree

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm very worried about pulling out the tentacles from the back pack. they look like they will brake off if pulled back out.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Another Slush Head with articulated head... and it seems so obviously easy for Mattel to have allowed for it in the first place!
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...-turn-BREAK-IT!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    As expected, someone managed to articulate Slush Head's head... saw it on Facebook. I pretty sure he's an Org member...
    0ICEMAN0, that's MarvelousOne's AMAZING Slush Head custom!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I'm very worried about pulling out the tentacles from the back pack. they look like they will brake off if pulled back out.
    I share this concern. I was also thinking about swapping the claws, but they don't look like they'll come off without breaking either. I'm just going to leave him alone because I don't want to risk it.

Heroic Warrior
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but if anyone has issues with their Slush Head tenticles falling out... it's probably because you didn't push them all the way in. You really, really have to push them in. With enough pressure they will slide in at least an 8th of an inch --- and then they'll be really tight --- as far as pulling them out afterwards, I wouldn't try... they might break.

Does it matter on which side you put a tentacle? The holes seem to be shaped to fit just one of them and it poses the tentacles in front of the figure. I would like them to be behind and above the figure.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horrorist View Post
    Does it matter on which side you put a tentacle? The holes seem to be shaped to fit just one of them and it poses the tentacles in front of the figure. I would like them to be behind and above the figure.
    It actually does matter.
    Kalamarr was always shown with the claw on his right side and the hook on his left side (even the prototype was that way).

Mattel screwed this up by putting these attachments on the wrong tentacle. The tentacles are shaped to "bend" over the shoulders. If you just put them in to get the hook and the claw on the correct side, the tentacles will be bent in a way that would prevent the arms from moving.

Of course there are some that don't care on which side the attachments should go. But if you want them to be on the correct side without preventing the arms from moving you HAVE to switch ´claw and hook.

I did it and I'm much happier since.
    Slush head with corrected tentacles (and poseable head):

Last edited by Dragonblaster; June 8, 2012 at 06:41am.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Thanks for the explanation and the pictures Dragonblaster. You're Slush Head is in a very nice pose.

Up until now I can't get any of the tentacles on any side to stay. When I pick SH up they just fall out. Going to try the hairdryer way. Such a shame cause the rest makes for an amazing figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horrorist View Post
    Thanks for the explanation and the pictures Dragonblaster. You're Slush Head is in a very nice pose.

Up until now I can't get any of the tentacles on any side to stay. When I pick SH up they just fall out. Going to try the hairdryer way. Such a shame cause the rest makes for an amazing figure.
    Or you can refer to post #185.

I know I know

I just started rewatching the NA of He-Man. Slush Head has the claw on the left and the hook on the right. So maybe Mattel went with toon accuracy and not the original toy?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    It actually does matter.
    Kalamarr was always shown with the claw on his right side and the hook on his left side (even the prototype was that way).
    http://i.imgur.com/6Swjy.jpg

Mattel screwed this up by putting these attachments on the wrong tentacle. The tentacles are shaped to "bend" over the shoulders. If you just put them in to get the hook and the claw on the correct side, the tentacles will be bent in a way that would prevent the arms from moving.

Of course there are some that don't care on which side the attachments should go. But if you want them to be on the correct side without preventing the arms from moving you HAVE to switch ´claw and hook.

I did it and I'm much happier since.
    Slush head with corrected tentacles (and poseable head):

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...h/slushy01.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...h/slushy02.jpg

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Heroic Warrior
    Has anyone used a liquid other than water in thier Slush Head? I was thinking about using baby oil... Anyone think that's a bad idea?

I don't want to use water, I'm afraid in time it will leave a ring inside the dome... kinda like a dirty toilet that's been sitting for a while.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Has anyone used a liquid other than water in thier Slush Head? I was thinking about using baby oil... Anyone think that's a bad idea?

I don't want to use water, I'm afraid in time it will leave a ring inside the dome... kinda like a dirty toilet that's been sitting for a while.
    I used mineral oil, which is also used in other toys or even keychains I own.
    No problems at all here. The chances of it damaging the figure also are MUCH lower than water.
    It also has exactly the same consistency as the stuff in the vintage's dome (which I'm pretty sure is mineral oil aswell).
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post

I was concerned about this as well... I have tap water in there for now but I was thinking about using distilled water, so at least there are no minerals or added chlorine.
    Odds, Bobs, Hammer and Tongs!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks guys... I will go out and buy some mineral oil first thing tomorrow.... and a medicine dropper if i can find one.

Is mineral oil the consensus among fans? I want to keep SH's dome filled, but don't want to use water.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I've had water in my dome since I got him, and I noticed that it fogs/evaporates to the top of the dome over time. I'm also curious about using mineral oil, but I don't wanna go buy a whole jug for one drop in Slush Head's dome lol.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post

After I put them in, I was able to take them out once without issue, although I can't say if that's just good luck or if they were designed that way. I had positioned my Slush-Head on the shelf with the tentacles attached, but after looking at him for awhile, decided to display him without his tentacles, as they just took up too much display room on either side for my setup.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    After reading this I switched the tentacles and they look much better, then I tried to switch hook and claw, but they seem very fragile. Which is the best way to remove the accesories without breaking it?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove