Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Adventures

New Adventures

DOes anyone think it is possible to get two New Adventures figures this year? Or would they be released too close together?
    Good Journey

To use the famous Matty quote, "Anything's Possible", but I'd say highly unlikely. I hope that starting next year we see at least 2 NA figures per year (1 Space Mutant & 1 Galactic Protector). Optikk is lonely.
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker

I think we will get one as a regular monthly figure and then theres a chance they will do NA He-Man as a bonus but thats probably it.

I dont think there is such a thing as too close together. We've gotten POP figures very close together and same for 200x so anything is possible.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    I think it's virtually inconceivable that they will release two NA figures in the last four months of the year after the way they've gone to date.

To get all the NA characters they can do (not counting the variants for He-Man/Skeletor/Sorceress/etc since variants are separate) out by the end of 2017, they need to do one in 2011, two in 2012 and then three a year from 2013 to 2017 though; so they WILL need to up production on them at some point.

I really want to see NA incorporated into the line. It will be interesting to see how the bios go for these characters. I also was thnking, with one more female slot left, and knowing the NA character this year will be a Galactic Protector, perhaps we are getting Mara...
    Good Journey

Heroic Warrior
    i just hope they do more than just the fighting characters. id actually like to see figures of Sebrian, Kaz, Drizzy, Mara, and the Scientists

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    i just hope they do more than just the fighting characters. id actually like to see figures of Sebrian, Kaz, Drizzy, Mara, and the Scientists
    I think just like with Filmation characters, Mattel doesn't own the rights to any NA characters unless they were made into a toy.
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker

Quote Originally Posted by JRLTML View Post
    I also was thnking, with one more female slot left, and knowing the NA character this year will be a Galactic Protector, perhaps we are getting Mara...
    Mara's in rights-limbo - they made a prototype (which didn't actually look like her 'toon character model), but then lost the paperwork or somesuch and so can't do it in MotUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Despondos View Post
    I think just like with Filmation characters, Mattel doesn't own the rights to any NA characters unless they were made into a toy.
    Correct - in fact, the rights to the NA cartoon are owned by the very same company who currently own the two Filmation cartoons IIRC.

I'm really disapointed we have not had more NA characters yet. Hard to see how they will fit them all in by 2017.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    I think it's virtually inconceivable that they will release two NA figures in the last four months of the year after the way they've gone to date.

To get all the NA characters they can do (not counting the variants for He-Man/Skeletor/Sorceress/etc since variants are separate) out by the end of 2017, they need to do one in 2011, two in 2012 and then three a year from 2013 to 2017 though; so they WILL need to up production on them at some point.
    I don't know... They know NA is the red-headed stepchild of the MOTU line... so I dont' see them advertising them too heavily BEFORE people get signed up for their subscriptions... So the END of the year is really the best place to put a couple of them....

Also, as the figures are SUPPOSED to tell a story as they go... you would THINK that NA figures should come kind of together on that... THough of course the lonely, lonely optikk says otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I'm really disapointed we have not had more NA characters yet. Hard to see how they will fit them all in by 2017.
    I refer the Rt. Hon. Poster to the reply I gave some moments ago

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I don't know... They know NA is the red-headed stepchild of the MOTU line... so I dont' see them advertising them too heavily BEFORE people get signed up for their subscriptions... So the END of the year is really the best place to put a couple of them....
    Actually, the middle of the year (~Q2 and early Q3) makes more sense for that. People will be signing up at the same time as the last few figures of the year are revealed at SDCC, after all. Same sort of time Optikk was released.

Also, as the figures are SUPPOSED to tell a story as they go... you would THINK that NA figures should come kind of together on that... THough of course the lonely, lonely optikk says otherwise...
    As placed, MotUC's NA occurs after everything else is resolved - the Second Ultimate Battleground, where Skeletor kills Hordak and He-Man beats Hsss with the info he got in his Preternia jaunt, is placed before Skeletor heads into space. It's more of an epilogue than part of the main story, really.

All I know is that I want more NA represented in the line. I want at least 2 this year and 2 monthly releases and my NA He-Man quarterly bonus.

I hope so, I've been disappointed with the lack of NA in the line so far.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I hope so, I've been disappointed with the lack of NA in the line so far.
    Same here.

The most exciting part of this line, for me , is being able to buy figures of characters that either were never made, or haven't been re-done since their original releases.

Yes, it's great to get Sy-Klone, Man-E-Faces, Roboto, etc., but the thrill of a re-make is less for me in those cases because of the 200X line.

When I can buy He-Ro, The Goddess, Marzo, Adora, Vikor, Catra, Scareglow, Shadow Beast, Tytus, Megator, Swift Wind, Bow, Wun-Dar, Preternia He-Man, Carnivus, The Faceless One, BG Teela, Palace Guards, Optikk, etc., I am a HAPPY collector!!!

I love the others as well, but the "new" figures are more exciting to me.

So, if the final four of 2011 are Flogg, Sweet Bee, Mantenna, & Gwildor, that would make me more happy than, let's say, Fisto, Rattlor, Mekaneck, & Two-Bad, because the latter 4 were made in both vintage and 200X lines.

Anyway, back to the point of needing NA; I am looking forward especially to Flogg, Slush Head, Quakke, Tuskador, Flipshot, Saggitar, and Darius.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    are they avoiding n/a because they think its not that popular with fans?
    pop is the hot one right now & squeezing in pog. n.a is not getting all that much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    So, if the final four of 2011 are Flogg, Sweet Bee, Mantenna, & Gwildor

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Can't be - Flogg's a bad guy, and they said the next NA figure would be a good guy

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I think one of these years we'll even end up with 3 NA figures in one year. Vintage is quickly starting to get thrown out.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    One can hope. One of them has to be a lady, unless they get REALLY shady and make one of the final two quarterly variants a lady, which I doubt because of the extra new & improved She-Ra.

I want Sweet Bee. Make it so 4H!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Flogg is one of only four NA figs that I "need." The others being Hydron, Flipshot, and Slush Head. So it it's one of those two heroes, then I'm not complaining. Though if its anyone else, I'm not really complaining about that, either. Everyone needs to be made.

...NA is the red-headed stepchild of the MOTU line...
    This is it! Topics like this pop up from time to time, but it’s almost as if some people forget that, to have more NA, we have to take away some of the things we have received (or are due to receive). And it’s not like there’s been a mass of crappy releases that most of us would like to replace.

We are getting a heroic NA character this year. I’d rather wait for it to arrive before we campaign too hard for more NA, as I truly think this character will play a massive part in NA’s future. This character could WOW us all or be totally meh. Optikk turned out great, but he is one of the better characters, so his chances of end out cooler were higher. Making a Galactic Guardian cool will be a challenge. Actually making him/her not suck will be the challenge.

I have to disagree.

Most of the Galactic Guardians/Protectors could be awesome.

Flipshot: very cool design, cool accessories, great color scheme

Saggitar: maybe more a Beast slot, but I can't wait for him. Such a great figure in the NA line

Kayo: simple concept / design, but great accessories and just a cool tough guy character

Vizar: heroic Tri-Klops

Tuskador: I know some people here don't like him but I think he's an AWESOME character.

Spinwit: cool but kind of a Sy-Klone rip-off

Hydron: really the only one I don't like... I never "got" the sea armor design for Space... Weird

Darius: very excited for him since we never got the prototype figure

Nocturna: not a favorite lol

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    After this line has been running since the end of 2008 and to only have 1 NA character is really disappointing, i really hope we see 2 per year ATLEAST next year.

Im guessing it wont happen but with a galactic guardian coming at the end of the year could the SDCC be a NA character/s, i doubt it but any thoughts
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I think the best way to get fans/collectors buzzing for NA is to get some awesome releases out there. I love optikk, but he's a little out of place on the shelf.

Maybe once fans have 3 or 4 NA figs battling on the display units, they will start to get more vocal about having more.

Also, maybe by releasing too many too soon, they will reveal more of the overall story than they want to?

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I think one of these years we'll even end up with 3 NA figures in one year. Vintage is quickly starting to get thrown out.
    I think that inevitable. There not using enough NA characters, so if their not careful they could find themselves with only NA characters left, then sales will drop and the line will end

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I have to disagree.

Most of the Galactic Guardians/Protectors could be awesome.

Flipshot: very cool design, cool accessories, great color scheme

Saggitar: maybe more a Beast slot, but I can't wait for him. Such a great figure in the NA line

Kayo: simple concept / design, but great accessories and just a cool tough guy character

Vizar: heroic Tri-Klops

Tuskador: I know some people here don't like him but I think he's an AWESOME character.

Spinwit: cool but kind of a Sy-Klone rip-off

Hydron: really the only one I don't like... I never "got" the sea armor design for Space... Weird

Darius: very excited for him since we never got the prototype figure

Nocturna: not a favorite lol
    I think that these images by SHA show all the NA characters could be awesome!
    Though I agree even as a kid I never really got Hydron having sea armor in Space themed line but he could still be awesome in the 4HM's hands.

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26