Thread: Club Eternia Question

Club Eternia Question

I wanted to get some feedback about the mattycollector.com Club Eternia. Is it worth it?. From what I gathered, you pay 20 dollars and it is mandatory to pay for every month's figure so that's almost 500 bucks for the year, plus shipping. Just wanted some opinions, are there any members here that are part of Club Eternia?

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I would hazard a guess that over half of us that post regularly have the sub.

Up until now, I've liked it.

However, since I have about 90% of the figures that I want, I won't be getting it next year. Too much POP and NA in the offing!

If you see yourself wanting a majority of what has yet to be produced, I say buy it!

Otherwise, you could end up with figures that you don't want. And, if you've checked eBay, these things aren't as easy to get rid of as they were a couple of years back.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I would hazard a guess that over half of us that post regularly have the sub.

Up until now, I've liked it.

However, since I have about 90% of the figures that I want, I won't be getting it next year. Too much POP and NA in the offing!

If you see yourself wanting a majority of what has yet to be produced, I say buy it!

Otherwise, you could end up with figures that you don't want. And, if you've checked eBay, these things aren't as easy to get rid of as they were a couple of years back.
    Ok, thanks for the input. It just makes me wonder because you can't opt out on figures that you don't want. Seems to me that if you pay for the membership itself, then you should have a choice on what figures you want to buy.

Just to clarify, you don't REALLY pay anything for the membership itself, you are paying $20 when you sign up for the Subscription but it's really paying for the exclusive figure that you'll get during the next year (like Wun-Dar or Preternia Disguise He-Man).

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strong-Dar View Post
    Ok, thanks for the input. It just makes me wonder because you can't opt out on figures that you don't want. Seems to me that if you pay for the membership itself, then you should have a choice on what figures you want to buy.
    The mentality that this is a Club or a Membership may be what's throwing you.

Make no mistake, the "Club Eternia" option is a subscription. It's an all-in option that allows Mattel to produce X-number of every figure, knowing those figures are already paid for. Then the produce extra for non-Subscription fans, with the risk that any one figure might not sell out.

The Subscription is the win/win scenario. If you want every figure, you'll get them without worry - and Mattel will sell 100% of the product they produce for Subscription members.

Buying a la carte is the less solid option. While it allows you to choose what you want to buy, availability is not that great and you may find yourself missing something you *really* want, and Mattel can't guarantee that every release will sell out in hours, which is their intent.

Club Eternia is just a name. If you're looking to get everything in this line, however, it's the way to go. Otherwise, you'll be logging in every month and fighting the White Screen of Death. For some, that monthly frustration alone is enough to make them buy the subscription, and divest themselves of the few figures they don't want.

Personally, not logging on to Matty was a fringe benefit. I want everything and the only time I have to bother with the MattyCollector site is when they offer an extra, like the Weapons Rack, or when I need extra of a certain figure (above the 2 subs I already get automatically).

since they've mostly fixed their site, i'll only get it next year if i really want the club exclusive figure. if i had known how easy it would be to order this year, i wouldn't have gotten it because i don't like preternia he-man.

and even then, i might decide to just lay out the extra dough and get the club exclusive fig on the secondary market using money i didn't spend on figures i didn't want.

that said, thus far i haven't seen a figure i hated enough that i don't want.

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I want to colect every figure this line will offer and I have had the subscription each year, so I'm glad to get the sub. Although it's not as bad as it used to be, but I like not having to go order thru matty every month. Plus I love the Wun-dar figure, he looks awesome

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    The subscription is really for the hard core fans that want them all. If you're the pick and choose guy, then the sub is not for you.

I'm one of the guys who wants them all and I'm happy with the sub. I also like getting the exclusive figure. I do wish they would have a definite date for charging. Matty should consider when people get paid. Most of us get paid on the first or 15th of the month. I wouldn't mind getting charged on either of those days, but I hate waiting and making sure I have enough funds in my debit card for the figures.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I'll be moving out of the country temporarily at the end of this year (for 12 months no less), so the subscription is perfect for me. I've also found that there are always fans who want the figures that don't appeal to me (such as Faceless One, Megator, and Hurricane Hordak), and so there is no problem parting with them. And while I have most of the figures I want (or will by the end of this year), I think about the ones like the Sorceress or Ram-Man that may be difficult to get without the subscription when their time comes.

there is one negative to the sub. not everything is available thru the sub. weapons packs, vehicles, these so far are not in the sub. so if you want those, you will have to pay extra shipping (shipping for your sub order and shipping for your additional order).

I have done the last 3 club eternia subscriptions and while it started out rough I will be getting it again next year. To me the benefit is not that I don't have to be online, but just knowing I will get the figures and the exclusive figure.

It is a hefty financial investment but over 3 years I have never been unable to offload a figure I did not want or need for at least cost (which then just goes back on the card I use to pay for next month).

The only downside is that not everything is included like the Weapons Rack or Palace Guards, and if you are going online anyway having a sub kinda screws you since you pay shipping for those as a seperate order.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It is really a pain in the rump to be honest. I actually canceled my sub. I was double charged twice and it took about 7 phone calls before it got sorted out, I often recieved items later than mattel said they would ship, If you want ALL the items in the MOTUC, you actually don't get them in the subscription. So for instance the weapon rack, if you wanted that and have the sub, then you had to pay for shipping on your sub figures, be at the computer to buy the weapons rack, and then pay another $10 in shipping that same month to get the weapon rack shipped seperately. The same thing will happen for the vehicle that is released this year and many more products over the following years. If you want poor customer service, the chance of being double charged, and often having to get on the computer and pay double shipping charges for certain months then the sub is what you want.

Completely worth it IF

1. You're a die hard fan of the design elements and character choices of the line so far.
    2. You can afford it.

This is my first sub and I love not having to log on to the site once a month, including wondering if I'll find the time and internet access to do so thirteen times a year. Yeah you'll have to come on if you want a vehicle or weapons pack or a re-issue, but these are your choices.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Completely worth it IF

1. You're a die hard fan of the design elements and character choices of the line so far.
    2. You can afford it.

This is my first sub and I love not having to log on to the site once a month, including wondering if I'll find the time and internet access to do so thirteen times a year. Yeah you'll have to come on if you want a vehicle or weapons pack or a re-issue, but these are your choices.
    I guess those two elements are the most important on whether to join the club or not.

It is totally worth it. Not only do you get the Sub figure, but you are guaranteed all the sub figures without the hassel. I was having to use vacation time each month so I could be home to order the figures. All the site problems caused my blood pressure to rocket. I combine orders with a friend, so it helps on shipping too. I want them all so I am not concerned at this time about getting figures I dont want. I have not had any major problems with my sub, but I did have a bit of a hassel with changing my shipping address. Over all I am very satisfied with the Sub.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    It is worth it because you don't have to be on the computer right at 10 praying you get your order through before they are sold out. Granted, that does not seem to be an issue currently, which kind of makes me mad, but not having to go on there has been great. January was the last time I had to be on a 10 and I hope August is the only time I need to do so again. Some people complained that it isn't fair the sub included the beasts and bonus figures, but I hardly see the reason to complain. Without them in there, you would still have to go online nearly every month to get the bonus stuff.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

You also get your stuff early, or at least I do.