Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Vac-Metalizing In MOTUC a Good Idea or Bad Idea?

I'm confused...has Mattel actually confirmed that HH's armor will be vac-metal?

I don't see how it could be since the armor design is the soft flexible one.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Well, I'm still seeing lots of strong opinions coming from both sides on this issue. I think I'm sold on the "try vac-metalizing on Hurrican Hordak."
    Me too! I´ve read the whole thread and got both opinions. I´m not an partisan of one side .... but i gonna say ... let´s try it with Hordak.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Add me to the 'NO' list!

others have stated my reasons previously,so I can add no more.
    ka
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Can we get some pics? I would love to see some examples, especially from our own collections, of how it has degraded over the years.

I'm against vac-metal paint in MOTUC.

It means that you can not take off the soft armor because the paint will chip and fall.

You can not change the pose of the figure too much for the same reason.

The QC it's not the best with the current figures so I don't want to introduce another thing that they can screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    I'm confused...has Mattel actually confirmed that HH's armor will be vac-metal?

I don't see how it could be since the armor design is the soft flexible one.
    Yeah in one of the videos of Toyguru showing the figures, he explicitly states that the armor WILL BE vac metal. I'm sure the armor will be cast in a harder plastic for this, more akin to He-Man and Skeletor's Battle Armor.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

i won't be getting a hurricane hordak, so they can do whatever they want with him as far as i'm concerned. i do like vac-metal in general, but i think if you're going to do it it should be used throughout the entire line. we've already got several figures that could have benefited from it but they didn't utilize vac-metal paint. so i'm against using it for the duration of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    we've already got several figures that could have benefited from it but they didn't utilize vac-metal paint. so i'm against using it for the duration of the line.
    I can see this point, but the big difference is the other figures that COULD have used vac, didn't in the old line or didn't have a figure in the old line. If this Hordak was a new never before done variant, I would agree 100% with you, but the fact the figure back in the day was VAC, Vac is the way to go. again just like mossman was flocked, so he should be flocked and so should panthor but im not getting into that lol
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think Vac-Metalicizing is bad because it chips and flakes like crazy. I think MOTUC should stay far away from it. Besides, why Vac-Metalicize now? It isn't consistent with the other gold wearing characters.
    He-Ro doesn't have it.
    Carnivus doesn't have it.

Hurricane Hordak shouldn't have it.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

He-Ro is the only figure released so far that should have had vac-metal parts, like his vintage figure.
    Carnivus, Randor and Bow are fine the way they are.

The only other figures that need vac-metal paint jobs are Hurricane Hordake, Flying Fists He-Man, Thunder Punch He-Man (chest armor details), Mekaneck (his goggles), Jitsu (his hand) and Entrapta (here entire body!!!!).
    And I would buy a vac-metal re-release of He-Ro in a heartbeat!

Vac-metallizing can be durable is done well, like on vintage Destro figures and the current Saint Seiya Cloth Myth line.

Quote Originally Posted by TIRPITZ View Post
    He-Ro is the only figure released so far that should have had vac-metal parts, like his vintage figure.
    Carnivus, Randor and Bow are fine the way they are.

The only other figures that need vac-metal paint jobs are Hurricane Hordake, Flying Fists He-Man, Thunder Punch He-Man (chest armor details), Mekaneck (his goggles), Jitsu (his hand) and Entrapta (here entire body!!!!).
    And I would buy a vac-metal re-release of He-Ro in a heartbeat!

Vac-metallizing can be durable is done well, like on vintage Destro figures and the current Saint Seiya Cloth Myth line.
    oh dang forgot He-Ro figure had it, man give me some vac he-ro armor now!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    He-Ro doesn't have it.
    Carnivus doesn't have it.

Hurricane Hordak shouldn't have it.
    Battleground Teela, Bow and She-Ra don't have it either.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    I can see this point, but the big difference is the other figures that COULD have used vac, didn't in the old line or didn't have a figure in the old line. If this Hordak was a new never before done variant, I would agree 100% with you, but the fact the figure back in the day was VAC, Vac is the way to go. again just like mossman was flocked, so he should be flocked and so should panthor but im not getting into that lol
    Just because it was that way in the vintage line doesn't mean that it's a good idea now.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 6, 2011 at 11:23am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I'd prefer if they didn't use vac-metal, but it's not a deal-breaker for me

I don't mind having HH getting the VM treatment. I find it hard to believe that his VM armour will flake or whatever just from being displayed (out of sunlight). If he was intended for kids to play with then fair enough, it's more logical not to do it. But each to their own i guess...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Battleground Teela, Bow and She-Ra don't have it either.
    Could you imagine a vac-metalized bra? Maybe that will be a surprise for us.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    I really like the look of vac-metalized armors. I always liked the "shiny ones": Terror Claws Skeletor, Flying Fists He-Man, Hurricane Hordak... Also, I like it on Jitsu's hand.

Of course, vac-metalized parts can chip if we're not careful...

But I have a huge fear : Mattel now is not Mattel from the 80's, and quality has decreased a lot. I'm afraid that we'll get a bad vac-metalized armor, and that the whole "vac-metal" paint might come apart. Akso, I'm really not sure that vac-metal would work on a soft armor.

Hurricane Hordak looks awesome (minus the awful dial), and I want him to get what he deserves : correct assembly, good quality, nice paintjob, great articulations, and no movement limitation. And if they choose vac-metalized armor, then be it a great one that will last !

Xantor says: Does not want.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Vac-metalizing sucks.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I would LOVE a vac-metal He-Ro. On anyone else I couldn't care less.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Vac-metalizing sucks.
    Yep, I'm concerned by Mattel's quality standard on MOTUC.

The vac metal thing could be a big fail, if it chips away..

I love the vac-metallic paint for MOTUC, its just one more thing that brings back my memories of the original line. I really hope this means at some point we'll get a re-release He-Ro with the vac-metal making him just like the ad from the mattel catalog.

Vac-Metal is a GREAT idea. Chips shmips. I have a destro and a Threepio from my childhood that look as good as new, and I played with them outside in the dirt! Hurricane Hordak in MotUC isn't going to be played with in any dirt, or thrown around by many of us collectors, so I wouldn't worry about it chipping.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

To me it shouldn't be a problem since I don't play or heavily change the figures stances. My old HH Hordak still has an almost untouched paintjob. I'm not worried and would love to see a shiny MOTUC HH Hordak.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I'm only PRO for this for specific characters:

- Hurricane Hordak
    - Entrapta
    - Jitsu's hand
    - possibly Mekanek's goggles, other small areas/parts on other figures

My vintage H. Hordak is still holding up, even after all these years; however I do have something else, a Beast Wars Transmetals Rattrap still on the card, and most of his vac-metal is peeling off. Hope they have been testing the process before now... but then again, this is Mattel we are talking about...
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Great, spending money on a new Hordak harnass..
    You cant just use hard plastic on the old one since it is designed to bend.

So we are using money that could have been used for extra heads or weapons for new armour that will look like the existing one, just to be able to make it shiney.. Oh.. And add a dail. 2 things that arent really backed up by the whole community..

Great move. Anything else you want to spill money on?
    How about a sliced loaf of bread, you know, cause its funny?

I am amazed that we constantly hear we have to be carefull with the budget because it is a small line and on the other side these decisions are made.

I would have been very happy with a existing Hordak armour repaint (no dail, no vac)
    and sonething new like a Hordak cannon arm attachment. Instead of pretending the plug hole is the cannon